Quantcast Too Old? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Too Old?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a sister and brother in law similar to the woman you encountered. We go to WDW every year and every year they say, "Our kids are too old and won't want to go!" Well needless to say, every year, my husband, myself, our son and their 3 sons, now 19, 20, and 20 take the trip! This year they all took their girlfriends and we made it a roadtrip! It was one of the best times we have had yet! We have already planned our trip for Oct 2012! And guess who's going....yup....the 3 boys and possibly girlfriends again!!

I don't think age has anything to do with it. Either you're into Disney or you're not!
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Never too old.

My DH and I are in are mid 30's and we love the place! I didnt get to go until 5 years ago, so I feel like I have alot of time to make up. Mon-Fri, I am all business, in business clothes and what not (expect a mickey ring)..but on the weekends, I always have something from WDW on, sometimes even a few things.

And yes, our Duffy sits on the couch!!!

I find WDW a magical, enchanting place and will never outgrow it, it is my DH's and my "Happy Place"....
    POR April/May 2007
    POR April/May 2008
    POP April/May 2009
    POR April/May 2010!!!!!!
    POR Feb/March 2011!
    POP May 2011!!!!!!!!
    POP DEC 2012
    OFF Property May 2013
    POP NOV 2013
    CSR JAN-FEB 2014 (they upgraded us from POP)
    POP MAY 14
    I love my Pens!

Post Thanks / Like

DS20 is SUPER bummed that he'll be missing the next trip. (Cant miss the college time)

DD17 and DS 14 are super excited and cant wait to get there. DS14 knows the countdown as well as I do.

No, those kids are NOT too old. Its all about the attitude.

And our first trip, kids were 7, 4 and 19 months. Had a blast that trip and every one in between.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Too Old

You're right. Attitude is everything. I remember in 2006, the first time we went as a family, we were so excited and happy, we had such a great time. Then, in 2008, we invited my sister-in-law and her family to join us. They were sooo negeative throughout the trip, they really brought us down. We swore to never vacation with them again. They sucked the good energy right out of us. And here we are planning another WDW trip for May 2012, and we're already excited for it.

Post Thanks / Like

My kids, now 20 and 23, have been to WDW 7 times over their childhood and are wanting me to take them back!
    1984-first visit only one day 1996-WL 1998-CSR 2001-CSR 2003-POR & AKL 2004-AKL 2005-CBR 2006-CBR & BC 2007-Pop & CBR (solo) 2010-Pop (solo) 2011-Pop (solo) 2012-Pop 2013-Pop 2014-Pop (solo) 2015-Pop (solo) 2016-Pop (solo)

Post Thanks / Like

I was at WDW for my 21st birthday with my moma and when I tell people they are crazy jealous! I hope and pray I never outgrow WDW how can you be too old for the happiness you get at being able to get a beer in Norway then go hug Tigger in UK??? Explain this to me someone???
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

My neighbor was the same way, but her kids were 6, 7, and 9, which I think is Prime Time Disney!
    Seriously, they went to the Magic Kingdom for half a day and went back to the pool instead. I think, personally, they needed me as a guide, but my GOODNESS!
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

The first time we vacationed in Orlando (our family of 6 + grandparents) the kids were 13, 11, 10 and 8. We stayed off site and planned to spend more time in Universal than WDW, leaving onlu the last few days of the trip to spend in WDW.

And to our surprise, the entire family enjoyed themselves much more in WDW than all the days in Universal. Simply the feel of WDW was drastically different than Universal. We returned again the next year, stayed onsite and spent the entire time in WDW. We were hooked!

Personally I believe it is the mindset of the family. Though it may seem to me that no one could possibly ever tire of Walt Disney World, I know that I am not always in the majority in thinking it truly is the happiest place on Earth. Many people don't see a WDW vacation as relaxing or find it to be too expensive or not entertaining (which we all know to be incorrect!), so to each their own. I do find it sad when people don't take the time to find the true potential in a WDW vacation and I often have to bite my tongue!

One thing is for sure, I won't EVER be too old!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I have to chime in again.

I just returned from the World from going with a group of 21. It was great except for about 8 Muggles. For you non Harry Potter people, those are non magical folks.

Some people just DO NOT get the magic, the fun or anything about it. My thoughts are GREAT ~ stay away if you are a muggle.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

That's just sad....being too old for fun! My boys are 28-25-18 and love it as much as I do. I love being there with them...with friends...even alone...and some day with grandchildren!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Was there in july with three sons. 18, 16, 14. All had great time. 24 yr old said he was sorry he had to work.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    I just returned from the World from going with a group of 21. It was great except for about 8 Muggles. For you non Harry Potter people, those are non magical folks.

Some people just DO NOT get the magic, the fun or anything about it. My thoughts are GREAT ~ stay away if you are a muggle.
    ^^^awesome!

DH didn't go on his first trip to WDW until he was 22 years old. He was instantly hooked and we have been 10 times together since then (with 3 trips planned for next year)! There is no such thing as "too old" for Disney...but there are muggles out there!

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I am 36, my wife is 25. WE love it.

DISNEY TILL DEATH!!!
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

șoș It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Jason; Sometimes people's attitude rubs off on their company. I know that when I bring people to Disney, they typically start to see it as I do--a magical place.
    "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. In just five minutes...."

Post Thanks / Like

Never too old! BUT....My hubby and daughters are serious thrill ride junkies and Disney doesn't always completely satisfy, so we generally do more than "just" Disney. In California, they went to Six Flag, and when we're in Orlando we spend a couple days at Universal, and Seaworld. (Seaworld is my thing, but it has one killer coaster to keep them happy too ;-) Once they get that out of their system I can even drag them to the Tiki Room if I really try, LOL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: