Quantcast Strategies for getting connecting rooms?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Strategies for getting connecting rooms?

My DW and I are taking our nieces (DN's?), age 11 and 14, to WDW in June 2012. I've made reservations at POR and have been told there are no connecting rooms available at this time and that they'd do their best to get at least adjoining rooms at check-in. The CM recommended that I should check every now and then to see if a connecting room becomes available. Any other ideas or strategies that anyone might suggest would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Previous trips:

Nov 2000, Oct 2002 - WL
    Dec 2002 - CSR (conf.)
    Feb 2004 - AKL
    Feb 2005, Jan 2007 - POR
    Oct 2007 - CSR (conf.)
    Oct 2008 - POP (pre-conf. visit)
    Oct 2009 - BV Suites (conf.)
    Oct 2010 - POR
    Nov 2010 - BV Suites (conf.)
    June 2012 - POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless things have changed I don't think you can actually book connecting rooms, you can only request them. We've traveled with a large party and needed two rooms before and we were always told we could request connecting rooms, but they were subject to availability.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand how they can say there are no connecting rooms available 6 months from now. Surely they haven't assigned rooms yet. you can fax a request to POR about a week in advance of your arrival date. it tells you how here on intercot in info central
    Dixie Landings 94,96,98
    POR 2006
    POFQ 2008,2009,2011
    Boardwalk 2013
    POFQ 2016

Post Thanks / Like

We have gotten connecting rooms on every one of our trips over the last 10 years (when we realized we could get two rooms at a Value for less than one room elsewhere), Even though they will never commit to giving connecting rooms ahead of time, we have always gotten them at check in - and never with any problems or hassles. On our most recent trips, we have gone with a seconfd family, and they too have been able to get connecting rooms. Most times we have been at Pop, but one time recently we were at POR.

Post Thanks / Like

I got connecting rooms both times we requested them.
    In 1999 at ASMu, and in 2007 at ASMo.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy08 View Post
    I don't understand how they can say there are no connecting rooms available 6 months from now. Surely they haven't assigned rooms yet. you can fax a request to POR about a week in advance of your arrival date. it tells you how here on intercot in info central
    Just make sure the request is noted on your reservation. There's no need to fax anything in; fax requests are ignored these days.

Seeing as how these are all requests and rooms aren't assigned until 3-4 days in advance, I'm not sure how a cast member could say no connecting rooms are available.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly is there just 4 of you, the 2 adults and 2 kids?? If so I do not know how they think 2 kids ages 11 and 14 could stay by themselve's in a room down the way.. I would have to split with one and hubby split with one. I would have gotten a suite at ASMU it is cheaper than POR's 2 rooms. Way cheaper and so nice to have that living room and 2 tvs two baths etc etc...
    Connie
    Dec 8-15 2007 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 5-14 2008 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 7-16 2009 POP
    Last trip for a long while JAN 20-28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Just make sure the request is noted on your reservation. There's no need to fax anything in; fax requests are ignored these days.

Seeing as how these are all requests and rooms aren't assigned until 3-4 days in advance, I'm not sure how a cast member could say no connecting rooms are available.
    The cast member is at a call center possibly across the country from WDW. They really don't know much other than what's on their careens. Connecting rooms is not a bookable category so the CM doesn't see any so just says not available.

The booking CMs are known to say many wrong things. However, the best strategy is to note the request on your reservation and hope for the best. So many people want them that connecting rooms are never guaranteed even when they say they are.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

"Just make sure the request is noted on your reservation. There's no need to fax anything in; fax requests are ignored these days. "

They didn't ignore our request. and it wasn't on our reservation. Doesn't hurt to do both
    Dixie Landings 94,96,98
    POR 2006
    POFQ 2008,2009,2011
    Boardwalk 2013
    POFQ 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    The cast member is at a call center possibly across the country from WDW. They really don't know much other than what's on their careens. Connecting rooms is not a bookable category so the CM doesn't see any so just says not available.

The booking CMs are known to say many wrong things. However, the best strategy is to note the request on your reservation and hope for the best. So many people want them that connecting rooms are never guaranteed even when they say they are.
    That makes sense - thanks! And thanks to everyone for your suggestions. In the past, we've ended up with a room connecting with someone else when we would have preferred not to due to the additional noise factor.

Personally, I like the idea of trying out the ASM suites, but we really like POR and my sister has agreed to pay for the extra room. And if our son decides to tag along, assuming 20 yr olds still "tag along," the two rooms at POR will work out better.

Keeping my fingers crossed!
    Previous trips:

Nov 2000, Oct 2002 - WL
    Dec 2002 - CSR (conf.)
    Feb 2004 - AKL
    Feb 2005, Jan 2007 - POR
    Oct 2007 - CSR (conf.)
    Oct 2010 - POR
    June 2012 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy08 View Post
    "Just make sure the request is noted on your reservation. There's no need to fax anything in; fax requests are ignored these days. "

They didn't ignore our request. and it wasn't on our reservation. Doesn't hurt to do both
    In the past few stays I faxed our requests and they were always met, so I'll likely do it again in June. Maybe it was just good karma, but I agree there's never a guarantee. As they say on Car Talk, "Kent Hoit!"
    Previous trips:

Nov 2000, Oct 2002 - WL
    Dec 2002 - CSR (conf.)
    Feb 2004 - AKL
    Feb 2005, Jan 2007 - POR
    Oct 2007 - CSR (conf.)
    Oct 2010 - POR
    June 2012 - POR

Share This Thread On Social Media: