Quantcast Help-Arriving Tomorrow-Need Special Needs Stroller

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help-Arriving Tomorrow-Need Special Needs Stroller

Please help! We are arriving in Orlando tomorrow with our daughter, 11, who has cerebral palsy, and needs a special needs stroller. I called Orlando Stroller Company, and thought I had reserved a Liberty Pushchair, but called to confirm today and was told they don't have one. I'm totally in a panic as we are en route from WI and scheduled to go to WDW on 12/23! Any ideas where I can rent from besides them? I also called a medical supply company who we have rented from in the past, and they don't rent those types of strollers any more. (I've also tried a "regular" stroller and she doesn't fit-at 74 lbs, she's just too big for a standard jogger).

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no personal experience but googled it for you and came up with this possibility:

Mobility Equipment Rental in Orlando
    Telephone: (800) 308-2503 * Office: (407) 438 -8010 $65.00 per week

The Maclaren Major Buggy Stroller holds up to 130 lb. (59 kg) but is lightweight for portability weighing only 15.4 pounds (7 kg). Great for travel, shopping, or quick outings, it is a stroller designed for safety, convenience and durability.

The Maclaren Major Buggy Stroller is a convenient special needs stroller buggy for children to small adults. This special needs stroller will comfortably carry a large child yet fold up to the size of an oversized umbrella. With footrest removed it folds to 10"x10"x44" for compact storage.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I also did some searching and it seems that Kingdom Strollers (407-271-5301) has a a model for kids up to 75 lbs.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Try Apple Scooter. They have been excellent and I had a great experience with them. And I think they have what you need.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

@VWL Mom, Mobility Equipment is who I rented from in the past and they are no longer renting the special needs Maclaren stroller, which is unfortunate because it only cost $50 compared to the $120 that Orlando Stroller Rental wanted to charge me.

@ibelieveindisneymagic, the problem with the strollers doesn't tend to be the weight so much as it is the height. She's 11 years old so way taller than a toddler (she's about 54" tall) and she weighs about 75 pounds. A traditional stroller or jogging stroller will not accommodate her.

@strmchsr, I have looked on their website, but I don't see anything that states that they have a stroller. She's too young to have a stroller and a wheelchair isn't something that is a great option as I'm 5'10" and my husband is 6'8" so we are really tall and bending over a wheelchair all day to get her where she needs to go is not going to make for too many happy days in a crowded park.

Thanks for trying to help. Seriously feeling frustrated....

Post Thanks / Like

Did you try Care Medical Equipment Phone (407) 856-2273 • Toll Free U.S and Canada (800) 741-2282

On their website under more products they list Maclaren "Major Buggy" and Pogon. These are very nice strollers (umbrella type) for the bigger child or small handicapped adult. Rated from 40 to 140 lbs.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps a call to Give Kids the World? ?They may have contacts to other medical supply companies
    Next up: Sept 2013- Beach Club!
    May 10- Girl's Weekend- POP
    March 09- Poly
    May 06: Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 98: Wilderness Lodge
    March 93: Carribean Beach Resort (Aruba)
    Nov 91: Ft. Wilderness; Several Thanksgivings @ Ft. Wilderness, 86-89
    Dec 84: Off-site (Econo Lodge, Kissimmee)

Post Thanks / Like

@VWL Mom, you are a lifesaver!!!!! I called them this morning and they were super friendly and helpful. It seems like they have something that will work, and it's actually about $30 less than going with the other company. We are going to stop by their office on the way down today and give it a shot! Thanks so much for your suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like

Great, hope it works out for you. Have a great trip
    - Lynn -

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: