Quantcast Boardwalk Questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boardwalk Questions

1. How far is the Swan & Dolphin Resort from the Boardwalk. We have dinner reservations at Shula's.

2. What's the best way to get to the Contemporary Resort from the Boardwalk. We have breakfast reservations for Chef Mickey's three of the days.

3. Buses run to MK and AK and Downtown Disney. How do you get to HS and EPCOT if you don't feeling like walking?

4. Lastly, do you need reservations for Jellyrolls?
    2004 - Offsite
    2011 - Old Key West

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian McFan View Post
    1. How far is the Swan & Dolphin Resort from the Boardwalk. We have dinner reservations at Shula's.
    About a five minute walk if that. Should literally take two minutes but let's call it five lol

2. What's the best way to get to the Contemporary Resort from the Boardwalk. We have breakfast reservations for Chef Mickey's three of the days.
    Take a bus to MK and then either hop on the resort monorail or walk the walking path. Or take a boat ride or walk to DHS and take a bus to Contemporary from there.

3. Buses run to MK and AK and Downtown Disney. How do you get to HS and EPCOT if you don't feeling like walking?
    Ferry Boat

Reservations not needed don't even think they accept reservations but I believe there is a cover charge.
    Last edited by TinkerbellT421; 01-09-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typo
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

1. The Swan and Dolphin are VERY close to the Boardwalk. 5-10 minutes walk, depending on your pace.

2. To get to Contemporary from Boardwalk, take a MK bus, then either walk to the Contemporary or take the monorail. Allow about 45 min for this trip. But, you are eating at Chef Mickey's THREE mornings? Really? Can I ask why? There is a breakfast buffet at Cape May at the Beach Club, which is a 5 min walk from the Boardwalk. Why not change it up and try this one of the days, rather than doing three days at the same place? There are also character buffets at both Epcot and DHS, just FYI.

3. There are boats that run to Epcot and DHS from the Boardwalk if you don't want to walk. The walk to DHS is not that bad from the BWI, and the walk to Epcot is very short, so I'd not take the boat to Epcot unless you are VERY tired or the weather is bad, because the boat trip takes a long time!

4. No, Jellyrolls doesn't require (or accept) reservations. It's a nightclub. There is a cover charge after, I think, 8:30 or 9pm.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian McFan View Post

boardwalk is next door to the swan and dolphin.

3 days at chef mickeys? you can walk through epcot and get on the monorail to get to the contemporary via the ttc. or you can take the bus to mk and walk over.

the boardwalk is next to epcot, no need to do anything but walk. you can take the boat to dhs but the walk is about 10 min from bw if you walk behind the pool area.

jellyrolls is a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

I recommend walking from the MK bus stop to the Contemporary. The walk is only slightly longer than the walk to the monorail is.

If you don't want to walk from Boardwalk to DHS, unless the boat is at the Boardwalk dock, walk over to the Swan and take the boat from there. Much quicker than the boat from the Boardwalk.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

This board is terrific. Thanks to all who responded. I took great notes. Much appreciate it!
    2004 - Offsite
    2011 - Old Key West

Post Thanks / Like

Cab ride to Contemp @$20 with tip
    3/82 3/85 3/88 3/91-offsite
    4/92 Poly
    5/01 Coronado
    5/02 Yacht
    5/04 Yacht
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 PO FQ
    5/06 Yacht
    5/07 WL
    5/08 AS Music 10/08 Dolphin
    5/09 Contemp 10/09 Boardwalk Villa
    5/10 Contemp-Atrium 10/10 Beach
    5/11 Contemp 10/11 Yacht
    5/12 Yacht cl 10/12 Dolphin
    4/13 Yacht cl

Post Thanks / Like

We always leave one hour before a chef mickeys breakfast and walk through EP and take the monorail. Never been late.

Always walk to EP. The boat takes much longer. We always walk to DHS which is about a mile I'd say and always beat the boat. I'm not in the best shape and one time we forgot our tix and I ran from DHS back to BW and Back to DHS in about half hour. Was out of breath and sweating but made it through the whole day without collapsing lol!
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

For those saying to walk thru EPCOT and take the monorail for Chef Mickey's....Since the OP is talking about breakfasts at Chef Mickey's, I would think that: 1) EPCOT may not be open, cutting out that option and 2) They may not want to use an MYW "day" to walk through EPCOT if the do not have Park Hoppers.

As other have said, Bus to Magic Kingdom, then walk to Contemporary or Caxi Tab (Thank you, Sonny Eclipse) to Contemporary would be your best options.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: