Quantcast Fastpass Changes In March - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    And for great service, you will still receive great service... Just because Disney will be enforcing this policy doesn't mean their service suddenly became garbage...
    Well said!
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Well, I HATE this new idea! Hate it. With kids, I like the idea of grabbing a fast pass and coming back to that attraction later in the day. Instead, their little legs have to go from one side of the park to the other trying to get somewhere in a tiny little window of time. It's nice grabbing a fast pass for Test Track or Soarin in the morning, and then coming back in the evening when nothing is happening in World Showcase. NO MORE Stinking shame. Rethinking the expediancy of my next WDW trip.
    Maybe you need to stay away then... Or better yet, figure out a better touring plan... You will have an hour and twenty minutes to get to your ride... Plenty of time even from World Showcase... No reason to be dragging your kids... You can still take your time to get over to Soarin...

I'll give you some free consultation, next time I'm charging... When you get to a theme park, and there is a ride you just have to do, go there first, your wait time will be next to nothing... And before getting a FP, check out the return times... Chances are, for TT, Soaring, and TSMM, the FP return times will be way later in the day, so you really are not losing out on anything, so no dragging your kid from one end of the park to the other... And if the return times are that close to the time you are there at that moment, then, I don't know, stay close enough to that attraction and do other things in that area...

It really isn't that big of a deal, just now you have to actually follow rules...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised at how upset everyone is on both sides of the argument. I really don't have a strong opinion one way or the other and I don't want to offend anyone. I'd like to say though, with the vast attendance in the park and the limited number of fastpasses that are distributed, I can't believe that the few that "break the rules" are really significantly affecting the length of the fastpass line. If Disney has allowed it in the past, it isn't really getting away with something. It was Disney's policy to allow a same-day-no-expiration.

I agree with the PP who said the problem is with the crowding at the fastpass entrance for those waiting for their start time!

I think my issue will be with the next-gen fastpass if it turns out to be as rumored. I like to plan my trips but I don't want to mega-plan them. I don't choose ADRs more than a day or so in advance and I definitely will not be selecting fastpasses months in advance. Please pity me in the stand-by line as you pass me by.

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    But isn't this exactly what sets Disney apart from other theme parks? It's that extra "magic" that they put into people's vacation that keeps them going back.

I'm curious to know if people on this board visit other parks like a Six Flags or a Cedar Point Park.
    We go to Cedar Point once every summer and there isn't any extra magic there...not really any magic. Just roller coasters and long lines. If a ride breaks down while you are in line, which they often do, you can either wait for it to go back online or leave and come back later. The park doesn't give you a fast pass for your time spent in line.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you need to stay away then
    That's thing that very well could happen, people may stay away. I don't think I'm asking for much, all I'm asking for his some leniency when it comes to the time window, sometimes things happen.

When you spend the amount of money that you do on a Disney vacation its the least that WDW could do.

And before you say, fine stay away, there are 100 people that will take your place, well there arent. If there were 100 people that would take my place at Disney, then WDW wouldn' have been running the promotions they have been running for the past number of years. If someone chooses not to go, then thats one less person that Disney is missing out on, no one is going to take their place.

Quite honestly I don't go to Universal because they don't have a Fast Pass system comparable to Disney. I understand they have a pass but you have to pay extra for it. I also understand that Universal isn't hurting either, but I wonder how much better they would be doing if they followed the same path that Disney follows.

Let's just hope that Disney doesn't head in the direction of Universal.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of six flags, I haven't been there in years, cause frankly I hate that place, for many reasons. But isn't there some type of fast pass system there? But you have to pay extra for it, it's not called fast it has a different name, and it's a ridiculous amount of money. Am I way off base?
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

WOW - HEATED SUBJECT!!

All that is happening is that they are going to enforce what they already have in place. And how many people that visit WDW and DL actually realize that they CAN go after the time PRINTED IN BOLD PRINT ON THE FP TICKET?? Probably not as many as those that actually do go after their allotted FP time.

So instead of just grabbing any old FP, one will have to actually pay attention to the FP times before getting passes. As for the one that was all .... so sorry that you feel that way, but I personally have to applaud Disney for the enforcement of the FP window.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you need to stay away then...

...I'll give you some free consultation, next time I'm charging...

It really isn't that big of a deal, just now you have to actually follow rules...
    Two thoughts:

#1 when the tone of a response loses civility it seldom moves the discussion forward.

#2 the number of times some folks have posted to this particular thread indicates it might be a bigger deal to them than they realize.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    Two thoughts:

#1 when the tone of a response loses civility it seldom moves the discussion forward.

#2 the number of times some folks have posted to this particular thread indicates it might be a bigger deal to them than they realize.
    Where's the "like" button?
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

That's thing that very well could happen, people may stay away. I don't think I'm asking for much, all I'm asking for his some leniency when it comes to the time window, sometimes things happen.

When you spend the amount of money that you do on a Disney vacation its the least that WDW could do.

And before you say, fine stay away, there are 100 people that will take your place, well there arent. If there were 100 people that would take my place at Disney, then WDW wouldn' have been running the promotions they have been running for the past number of years. If someone chooses not to go, then thats one less person that Disney is missing out on, no one is going to take their place.

Quite honestly I don't go to Universal because they don't have a Fast Pass system comparable to Disney. I understand they have a pass but you have to pay extra for it. I also understand that Universal isn't hurting either, but I wonder how much better they would be doing if they followed the same path that Disney follows.

Let's just hope that Disney doesn't head in the direction of Universal.
    Disney should head in the direction of Universal because Universal has been doing it right lately, Disney been doing things all wrong...

And you are getting leniency, an hour and 20 minutes worth, not all day anymore (the hour of your window plus 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after)... That is plenty of enough time... And again, if the return time doesn't work for you then don't get a fastpass...

As for Universal's Express Pass, actually, I have read different articles about it... Doing it the way they currently do it actually makes it more efficient than Disney's FP system allowing guests to come in anytime they want after the return time... Numbers have been put out there, and no I am not going to rehash them here, but wait times for popular rides have actually lessened with Universal's Express Pass system... So their system really isn't a bad thing... And that as before Potter opened...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    I think my issue will be with the next-gen fastpass if it turns out to be as rumored. I like to plan my trips but I don't want to mega-plan them. I don't choose ADRs more than a day or so in advance and I definitely will not be selecting fastpasses months in advance. Please pity me in the stand-by line as you pass me by.
    The NextGen Fastpass will only be an option.. You don't have to use it when booking your Disney World vacation... You'll still be able to wing it... And I'll be standing with you on the standby line as I don't like to plan every minute either...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Speaking of six flags, I haven't been there in years, cause frankly I hate that place, for many reasons. But isn't there some type of fast pass system there? But you have to pay extra for it, it's not called fast it has a different name, and it's a ridiculous amount of money. Am I way off base?
    Six Flags has a pay system called Flash Pass... Looking at their site now, for Six Flags Great Adventure here in NJ, the Flash Pass is $45.00 for the first person... Gold Flash passes are $80.00 for the first person and platinum flash passes are $120 for the first person... And are good for only that day of purchase... So yes, fairly expensive...

I never had the need for a flash pass at Great Adventure... I just wait... and if the wait time is that long, then I skip the ride until later... However, I also know that certain coasters are more popular than others, so i plan accordingly.. I'll go to El Toro and Green Lantern first thing in the day since lines are minimal upon park opening, then work my way over to Nitro later in the day...

Post Thanks / Like

Disney should head in the direction of Universal because Universal has been doing it right lately, Disney been doing things all wrong...

And you are getting leniency, an hour and 20 minutes worth, not all day anymore (the hour of your window plus 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after)... That is plenty of enough time... And again, if the return time doesn't work for you then don't get a fastpass...

As for Universal's Express Pass, actually, I have read different articles about it... Doing it the way they currently do it actually makes it more efficient than Disney's FP system allowing guests to come in anytime they want after the return time... Numbers have been put out there, and no I am not going to rehash them here, but wait times for popular rides have actually lessened with Universal's Express Pass system... So their system really isn't a bad thing... And that as before Potter opened...
    So Disney should start to charge $20 per day per person for Fast Passes, is that what you are suggesting?
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    Two thoughts:

I will continue to post... so, i dunno what your post really is meant to do..

Post Thanks / Like

So Disney should start to charge $20 per day per person for Fast Passes, is that what you are suggesting?
    If that is what they decide to do, then so be it... sometimes you have to pay for the privilege...

Post Thanks / Like

If that is what they decide to do, then so be it... sometimes you have to pay for the privilege...
    I wouldn't think that would be a smart move on their part, considering the promotions they've had to run in the past couple of years just to get people to WDW.

I for one would stop going to WDW as much as I do now if that were the case. We would take the kids every 3-4 years, but we wouldn't go every year. I've had this discussion with several friends and they all express the same opinions.

There's a point where enough is enough. So I'm not so sure that's a good idea.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't think that would be a smart move on their part, considering the promotions they've had to run in the past couple of years just to get people to WDW.

I for one would stop going to WDW as much as I do now if that were the case. We would take the kids every 3-4 years, but we wouldn't go every year. I've had this discussion with several friends and they all express the same opinions.

There's a point where enough is enough. So I'm not so sure that's a good idea.
    I can find 1000 other reasons not to go to WDW every year, FP is not one of them... But that is your decision and you are entitled to it...

And whether we think it is a good idea or not, if Disney decides to go that way, what can we do? Not go.. Which is what I been saying through out this whole thread... if someone doesn't like it, then they don't have to go... So, again, you backed up my points exactly...

I don't like every decision Disney makes either... But I still choose to go and enjoy myself... I don't like the 180 day ADR window, but that doesn't stop me from making ADRs or going... I just may not make a lot of ADRs or I may cancel the ADR... I don't let policy that I do not like affect my vacation... And it seems like, and again, not pointing to you so don't take this personal, a lot of people will let this affect their vacation... it shouldn't...

If they went to a pay system (and the NextGen choose your ride time FP may be a pay system), then they do... We also don't know what their plan for this truly is... So a lot of people are really getting ahead of themselves with this...

Oh, just one more point... None of us like when Disney raises ticket prices and hotel room rates... We all think it is a bad idea... Yet, we all still pay their prices and 17 million people still enter the gates... If people want the privilege of choosing their return times, they may have to pay for it... or if people want the privilege of returning to the ride any time they want, they may have to pay for it, like in other theme parks... Disney is a business... They will always look out for number 1 ( their bottom line)... And yet 17 million people still visit Magic Kingdom every year...

What is wrong with me, I'm actually defending TDO???

Post Thanks / Like

We have been guilty of going to a ride after the FP time. Mainly for convenience of where we are and what we are doing at the time.

We will obviously be following the new rules as we feel the FP system is a good one. It will just require a little more planning.

Remember, sometimes change is good. We all just need to adjust. I will not; however, ever pay for the FP service. Hopefully, Disney does not start charging for that.

It is what it is. That seems to be my motto for 2012.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Well, I HATE this new idea! Hate it. With kids, I like the idea of grabbing a fast pass and coming back to that attraction later in the day. Instead, their little legs have to go from one side of the park to the other trying to get somewhere in a tiny little window of time. It's nice grabbing a fast pass for Test Track or Soarin in the morning, and then coming back in the evening when nothing is happening in World Showcase. NO MORE Stinking shame. Rethinking the expediancy of my next WDW trip.
    We have never missed a FP window in all of our trips. Never! And never felt any hardship or put out at all. It is not hard at all.

With everything in this world, you work within the parameters you are given. The parameters for FP are easy. Before you get one you know the return time, it's posted above the machines. You decide if it works for you. If it does then you get one. Then you plan your activities to be back at your time. That will be 2 hrs, plus a 1 hr window plus 15 minutes. So you have 3 hours and 15 minutes to get back. That's a lot of time. If, for example, at 9 am someone can't plan to be back by 12:15 then that says more about that individual's planning ability than anything else.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

And whether we think it is a good idea or not, if Disney decides to go that way, what can we do?
    It's pretty simple, as you've been saying all along, don't go. But I dont see how that helps Disney, and in the end what they really care about is filling their resorts up with guests and selling merchandise and food to those guests. So if the decisions they make upset enough people, like adding another fee for another service, those people who go on a yearly basis may very well not go as much.

Currently they are NOT filling their rooms or parks, so in the end it'll hurt their bottom line.

Ive experienced Disney when fast passes were gone and wait times for attractions like HM were 2 hours, you wont catch me dead in a Disney park in that situation ever again. It wasnt fun, if they start charging for Fast Passes, as Universals does, that's exactly the situation they will find themselves in.

Can you explain to me how people not going to WDW helps the Walt Disney Company?

However I do think we have gotten completely off topic.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter