Quantcast Fastpass Changes In March - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Hey guys, the back and forth arguing and finger pointing and dramatics on both sides of this argument are just getting to be a bit too much.

I've found over the years that being on the extreme on any side of any argument means you're most likely wrong. There's a song by the band Live that I particularly like and I'm often reminded of the lyrics at a time like this ...

I think you've all made your points. Let's move on, k?

Oops sorry does this mean this is closing sorry I didn't see this before I posted.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    Oops sorry does this mean this is closing sorry I didn't see this before I posted.
    No, Ian is just trying to get it back on track.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    When my family spends the amount of money that we do to travel to Disney I most certanily expect to be treated as more than a number. This was something that Disney has done very well, but lately I've started to see this slip as well.
    Completely agree. They're taking away one more convenience and charging more. Anyone care to refute that???
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is a Disney board and for some of you Disney can do no wrong, but to me the value is starting to slip away.
    I been saying the value has been slipping for a while now and I've been called a doomer and gloomer or a hater for it... I'm glad someone else is seeing WDW's value is slipping... It took FP to do it, but it ha been done.. We aren't thinking differently here Chip, you and I...

On a side note, I have heard CMs have been told of this enforcement tonight and will begin the training of and enforcing the policy, getting ready for it to go into full effect BY March 7th... The 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after are the current time frames that will be enforced, and any any late arrivers will be handled on a case by case basis... I'll post more info when I hear more about it...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

As a Therapist by trade I think I need to start a FastPass Anonymous group to help everyone cope with these changes. First meeting is scheduled for tomorrow in front of the Space Mountain FP Distribution.

Seriously though I just hope the end result of the new/old policy is a better experience for all. I know some folks will feel short changed but maybe with time it will end being not as bad as we imagine. Or it could end up being a terrible idea. Either way we have to give it a try first.

Hope everyone has a Magical Day!
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

I been saying the value has been slipping for a while now and I've been called a doomer and gloomer or a hater for it... I'm glad someone else is seeing WDW's value is slipping... It took FP to do it, but it ha been done.. We aren't thinking differently here Chip, you and I...
    I actually felt that way before the fast passes, but the second you mention it on here people get mad.

I love WDW, we have a 7 month old son and another one on the say, so we can NOT wait to take them. I just hope that I'll be able to give my kids the same memories that I had growing up. But if Disney keeps taking the value away, we just wont take them every year.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

How did this thread turn into a "Disney is taking the value away" one?

Fast Pass is still FREE. They might start charging for exclusive fast passes, but I assure you they will never stop offering FREE ones as well.

This change has NO bearing on the "value" of a WDW vacation. None.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    How did this thread turn into a "Disney is taking the value away" one?

Fast Pass is still FREE. They might start charging for exclusive fast passes, but I assure you they will never stop offering FREE ones as well.

This change has NO bearing on the "value" of a WDW vacation. None.
    Fast Pass is NOT free..you pay for it with admission to the park.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

The following message has appeared on the CM information web site. The bold sentence was highlighted by me.

"In order to provide the best experience possible for everyone at our theme parks, all Walt Disney World Guests will be expected to return within their FASTPASS return time window, effective March 7.

Disney’s FASTPASS Service plays an important role in our Guests’ ability to enjoy their visit to one of our Walt Disney World theme parks, and our ability to provide this great service is dependent upon Guests returning during the designated window. The vast majority of our Guests are aware of their return times and arrive in the window printed on the FASTPASS ticket.

As more Guests choose to take advantage of this favorite feature, we want to provide the same opportunity to everyone. By asking all Guests to return within the window printed on their FASTPASS, more Guests will have the opportunity to enjoy this great service.

This is not a change, but simply a reminder of our existing policy. Exceptions can be granted for situations such as an attraction downtime, a delay in meal service or personal emergency."
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    This is not a change, but simply a reminder of our existing policy. Exceptions can be granted for situations such as an attraction downtime, a delay in meal service or personal emergency."
    Do you think this will be all the guidance the CMs will get Ron? I guess thinking more about this, these exceptions you bolded can be accounted for within a hour or so of the FP end time. I can't imagine someone trying to argue one of those points hours after the fact.

As I said earlier, we often did use our FPs hours after the end time, but it WAS allowed and even encouraged/explained by CMs themselves. It wasn't "wrong" for a guest to do this. But I have no problem with Disney beginning to enforce this and am actually anxious to see how it affects things. Time will tell.

Now this NextGen stuff.... I don't get any warm fuzzy feelings from it.

Post Thanks / Like

I can live with this, it's good to see that they are going to take into account ADRs.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Do you think this will be all the guidance the CMs will get Ron? I guess thinking more about this, these exceptions you bolded can be accounted for within a hour or so of the FP end time. I can't imagine someone trying to argue one of those points hours after the fact.
    Prior to March 7th all CMs who work at FP attractions will likely be trained on the exception policy and how to handle the "Personal Emergency" exceptions. I expect managers to be present at the attraction entrances for the first couple of days. Still, this is going to place a heavy burden on the CMs. Imagine a newly hired college age CM trying to sort out various exception requests while turning away angry guests whose "Personal Emergency" didn't rise to the exception level. Oh, and by the way, the CM must always ensure the guests have a wonderful Disney experience. I'm not looking forward to working on March 7th.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not looking forward to working on March 7th.
    I don't blame you.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not looking forward to working on March 7th.
    UGH! I definitely will not envy you that day! Good luck
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Prior to March 7th all CMs who work at FP attractions will likely be trained on the exception policy and how to handle the "Personal Emergency" exceptions. I expect managers to be present at the attraction entrances for the first couple of days. Still, this is going to place a heavy burden on the CMs. Imagine a newly hired college age CM trying to sort out various exception requests while turning away angry guests whose "Personal Emergency" didn't rise to the exception level. Oh, and by the way, the CM must always ensure the guests have a wonderful Disney experience. I'm not looking forward to working on March 7th.
    It will be a nightmare for a bit, but this really is the only way to start weaning guests to the new policy. It's unfortunate Disney let it escalate to this point, but I still think it will ultimately be for the best -- after a few headaches.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I have in the past used the fastpass later than the window , its been a convinience knowing we can use it later than the time stated. I have no problem with the window being inforced, it was meant the keep the crowds controlled during the day.
    As far as a ride breaking down , i dont see why there has to be a problem, cant they just create a special RIDE MALFUNCTION fastpass that doesnt have a stated window time.

Post Thanks / Like

"In order to provide the best experience possible for everyone at our theme parks, all Walt Disney World Guests will be expected to return within their FASTPASS return time window, effective March 7.

Disney’s FASTPASS Service plays an important role in our Guests’ ability to enjoy their visit to one of our Walt Disney World theme parks, and our ability to provide this great service is dependent upon Guests returning during the designated window. The vast majority of our Guests are aware of their return times and arrive in the window printed on the FASTPASS ticket.

As more Guests choose to take advantage of this favorite feature, we want to provide the same opportunity to everyone. By asking all Guests to return within the window printed on their FASTPASS, more Guests will have the opportunity to enjoy this great service.

Thanks Ron... My friend told me there were planned exceptions, but since it was late and she was calling it a night, we didn't get into everything...

The attraction downtime is easy enough to confirm... Personal emergency is a little harder to confirm, but in a way, people shouldn't have to prove a personal emergency since it is, you know, personal.... I'm interested to see how they handle the dining delays... and if they grant some leeway regarding dining delays...

Mel, as you said, you can't see people arguing hours later, but you know they will...

And this really isn't changing anything... Just when I gave TDO some credit.. Badkitty, the TDO bashing Dizneyfreak is back LOL...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

As I said earlier, we often did use our FPs hours after the end time, but it WAS allowed and even encouraged/explained by CMs themselves. It wasn't "wrong" for a guest to do this. But I have no problem with Disney beginning to enforce this and am actually anxious to see how it affects things. Time will tell.

Now this NextGen stuff.... I don't get any warm fuzzy feelings from it.

We also often used FP's well after the window, mostly to avoid criss-crossing MK multiple times. Honestly I don't think we ever went past the time at the other parks because FP attractions that we visit are more compactly located.

But the simple fact that there was a stated window vs. "Come anytime after 12pm" indicated to us that CMs were extending us a courtesy, not a right.

If NextGen somehow allows FP distribution ahead of time, or with mobile devices, or at centrally located kiosks, or whatever the rumors are, then it may provide better opportunities to coordinate FP times to make for a more "efficient" park experience.

But then the loss of spontaneity is another issue altogether.
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

Fast Pass is NOT free..you pay for it with admission to the park.
    Semantics. There is no "additional charge" to use Fastpass.

I still maintain that this policy change does not lessen the "value" of a WDW vacation.

And, honestly, the more I think about the "NexGen" fastpass thing, the more I HOPE they offer premium fastpasses that you can pay for and that you can buy to the parameters you set. I would LOVE to be able to purchase FP to specific attractions, within a specific time window of my choosing, prior to entering the park. That would be great for us! And, I'd be willing to pay for the ability to choose my FP times ahead of arrival.

I see charging for special FP no different than offering different tiers of resorts, or offering special fireworks viewing parties, and other hard ticketed events in the parks. I am not willing to pay for those things, because it holds no value to me, personally. However, I would be willing to pay for special FP because that DOES hold value to me, personally.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Semantics. There is no "additional charge" to use Fastpass.

I still maintain that this policy change does not lessen the "value" of a WDW vacation.

And, honestly, the more I think about the "NexGen" fastpass thing, the more I HOPE they offer premium fastpasses that you can pay for and that you can buy to the parameters you set. I would LOVE to be able to purchase FP to specific attractions, within a specific time window of my choosing, prior to entering the park. That would be great for us! And, I'd be willing to pay for the ability to choose my FP times ahead of arrival.

I see charging for special FP no different than offering different tiers of resorts, or offering special fireworks viewing parties, and other hard ticketed events in the parks. I am not willing to pay for those things, because it holds no value to me, personally. However, I would be willing to pay for special FP because that DOES hold value to me, personally.
    It may not lessen the value for you, but it does for me. You see when they didnt enforce the policy, you were able to ride more rides when you wanted to. You had the freedom to basically do what you wanted when you wanted. And before you get on me about doing that, please read earlier where I stated that we were told to do this by a CM, we didnt try to get past the system to see if we could. We believed this was part of the system as a CM told us about this practice. Because of that, we didnt think we were doing anything wrong.

So now that they are going to enforce a rule that they should have from the start, people are going to be able to do less and not be able to do things when they want to. So for some of us, that does decrease the value of a trip.

What's a value for me may not be a value for you, and you and I clearly have different ideas for what a value is.

I frankly am tired of the nickle and dime, if overly planning a trip and charging for fast passes is the future of WDW, then count me out. I'll go every 3-4 years to give my children memories, but count me out of going every single year. We've tossed around the idea of purchasing a DVC once our children are out of daycare, its a purchase we will NOT make if we have to plan every single little detail of a trip out.

As I've stated before in this thread, there is not one more person lined up to take my spot in a disney hotel, so if i cancel a trip, its one more vacate room for Disney.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter