Quantcast We're finally going back! Day 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default We're finally going back! Day 4

Cast members
    Me – 33
    DH – 34
    DD – 8
    DS – 4 (first trip)

Tuesday, Feb. 7th was the day of the switch as we called it. The plan was to get up a little early and get checked out of Pop and checked into Beach Club and still hit the early EMH at Epcot. More or less that is how things went.

As usual I was the first one up. I quickly hopped in the shower, chowed down a Pop Tart and got the kids going. While DH was showering the kids got dressed and I finished packing everything away. Even though we had express checkout, we hadn’t gotten our bill. So we decide to go physically check out since we had charged some items to the room. As you might expect the front desk wasn’t terribly busy at about 8 am. I walked up and in no time Nick had our bill printed and we were out the door.

Now we were off. We found Beach Club with no trouble at all. It was neat to pull up to the guard station and have them welcome us home. We thought for sure that our room wouldn’t be ready, so I hopped out to get us checked in and to get our park tickets switched to our new KTWCs. I must have gotten a trainee. It took a little longer than normal to check in, but nothing crazy. And as luck would have it our room, 3680, was ready. So I grabbed the hubby and the kids and we go to check it out. When we opened to door it was as if you could hear angels singing “Ahhhhhhhhh.” Now don’t get me wrong the rooms at Pop are nice, clean, but kinda small and dark. We walked in and there was all this space and light and space and space. We quick checked things out and decided to head on over to Epcot a little behind schedule.

I had read that it was a 5 minute walk to Epcot. I assumed that was a slight exaggeration, but no its truly five minutes, well closer to four with two excited kids! We walked through the International Gateway around 8:45 with the plan to head right to Soarin’ grab fast passes and get in line. But a quick stop was made at Gary’s Column. I got a picture of the kids at the Column and we were hustling off to Soarin’.

We got fast passes and got in line with just a 10 minute wait. DS was a little nervous about this one. We got the second row on the left side for this flight. DS hung on to my arm for dear life, but when we got off he asked to do it again. So after a quick bathroom stop and we were back in line this time for about 15 minutes, still not bad. The second time around we got second row again, but on the right side this time. When the ride was over DS was clapping and as we started to walk out he said, “That was totally awesome!” We still had some time until our fast pass so we went over to ride Nemo and had a chat with Crush. DS was actually picked to ask a question, so that was pretty cool. We checked out the fishes and the store and decided we just didn’t feel like flying over California again. So I found a family to take our fast passes and we headed towards Test Track.

For whatever reason fast passes were already out at about 10:00, so DD and I did Mission Space – Orange. She really dug this ride. We walked out and she rode it again the DH this time since it was a walk on. DS and I took a walk around and I decided to go see if fast passes were maybe available now and they were. Except I didn’t have DH’s card, Doh! I texted him to meet us at Test Track when they finished up and proceeded to wait it out. We were sitting next to a father and son and it seemed like the son wasn’t willing to go on Test Track and dad was trying to convince him, very diplomatically, otherwise. Well the son wasn’t having any of it. A few minutes later, mom and another son walk up after having just gotten off the ride and they chat for a few minutes. The next thing I know the dad looks at me and asks if I’d like their fast passes because they weren’t going to use them. Of course, I say “Sure, Thanks!” That’s definitely karma there! It’s two fast passes and just a minute later DH and DD walk up. DH had been really excited to take his son on the car ride, so I handed the fast passes to him and tell him to go with DS and DD and I will get fast passes for later. The stand-by wait was about 30 minutes so I wasn’t gonna do that, however single rider was a 10 minute wait. I looked at DD and asked if she would be okay with riding by herself and she said yes. So we get in line, pass DH and DS and slowly make our way through the single rider line. Well as luck would have it, we got paired up in the same car as DH and DS. I couldn’t have worked out better! Test Track was a huge hit with everyone. After we got off I think we walked around for a while and then rode with our fast passes.

We decided to go back to the resort and relax for a little while since the plan was to stay out for the fireworks that night. We just relaxed in the room for an hour or two before heading back to Epcot.

As we were walking back to Epcot, I decided to make an executive decision. I was going to get DS a stroller. Before we came I had debated renting a stroller from one of those stroller rental places that drop off a stroller at your resort, but DH had talked me out of it. Well after two days of dragging DS behind me as his little legs got tired I had enough. So I sent DH and DD ahead to get the Kimmunicator in the UK as we had signed up for a Kim Possible Mission as we were walking out earlier in the day. I stopped in that store that is just by the turnstiles at the back door and rented a stroller for the next three days. Frankly, it was the best $39 I spent. We only picked one up in the afternoons since he usually did pretty good until then. But anyway, on to Kim Possible. So our mission was in the UK. These missions are so much fun. The only issue I had was there was a band playing at the gazebo in the UK and you couldn’t hear what the clues were. We completed our mission and headed over to Canada and colored some Duffy signs at the Kidcot station, then walked towards Mexico and we met Duffy along the way. We then checked out Mexico for a little bit then turned around and headed back towards the UK. We had 6:50 reservations at Kouzzina for dinner and it was starting to get to be about that time to head over.

We got to Kouzzina and were seated in just a few minutes. Now, full disclosure, my husband is part Greek , so we were particularly interested in how the Greek dishes would taste. We ended up getting two appetizers, the saganaki and calamari and split the Kouzzina trio. Both appetizers were great. It was a little disappointing that they don’t flame the saganaki at the table, but not a huge deal. As for the trio, the Kapama (chicken with orzo) was very good, the pastisio was okay and the lamb burger was not a hit. It was too spicy to be called “Greek” and we weren’t feeling it. The kids had the chicken kids meal that they chowed down and for dessert we split the baklava, yummy!

We headed back to Epcot picked up DS’s “cart,” as he was calling it, grabbed a beverage and walked around scoping out a place to watch the fireworks. We ended up somewhere over by Italy. I don’t think I’d ever seen Illuminations from that side of WS before. It was nice, the kids had a blast and by the end they were ready for bed.

We were settled in by about 10 and everyone quickly fell asleep. I hadn’t made a plan for the next day. DH wanted to go back to DHS to do more there, so that is what we did the next morning.
    Oct 97 All Star Music
    Dec 2008 CBR - First Family Trip
    February 2012 POP/BC

"I could get used to a view like this. Yep, I'm used to it. Guys I want a castle."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great day. Your transfer seemed to go smoothly. We enjoy staying at the Epcot resorts.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't in nice to be able to just stroll over to Epcot?

There seems to have been some magic sprinkled throughout your day - from the room being ready as soon as you arrived to getting extra fast passes to ending up in the same ride car as your spouse and son!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day. The switch to the roomier, and brighter Beach Club, and a day in Epcot. What could be better!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We do the same as you regarding FP's, we use them or give them away. DW and I want to stay at the Beach Club and be able to walk 'home' after Illuminations, sounds like it worked out great for your family.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking forward to this part of your report. I'm staying at Beach Club I October and I love reading about everyone's experiences!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job with your reports! I'm having such a great time reading them!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!