Quantcast Fast Pass Etiquette - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind if it's one person or an adult who needed to take a child to the bathroom, but on our last trip I was very annoyed that a family of about 6 (from an organized tour group) cut in front of us on Buzz Lightyear just as we were going in the door. I said to my daughters, I bet they do it ALL the time!!!!

They should have signs that all parties need be in line to board an attraction.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind if it's 1 person and/or a child. Most of the time they will be riding together in the same car so it doesn't matter anyway. I do get annoyed if it's a group but I would never say anything. DH and I always get in line together.
    WDW visits . . .
    April 2013 - Yacht Club
    May 2012 - Grand Floridian
    May 2011 - Grand Floridian
    March 2006 - Offsite
    2000 - 2004 Numerous trips while in college in FL
    January 1989 - First Visit! Polynesian

Next visit:
    September - Disneyland (First trip with son!)

Post Thanks / Like

Is one person or five people cutting in front of me going to impact my vacation in a big way? No, but it's also not going to impact them in a big way to wait 5 minutes outside the line for the FP retriever to arrive either.

Also, keep in mind that it's "just one person" until the family in front and the family in back and 10 other families in line get the same idea as well. Just like peeing in the pool or throwing a piece of trash out the window, none of those make a big impact in isolation, but if we all take that view then it really has a negative impact on everyone else. If it wouldn't be right for 100 people to do it, then it's probably not right for me to do it either.

Post Thanks / Like

I can say that I would have no problem at all, why worry about something so minor? it's your vacation. Enjoy!
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I compare it to not holding the door for someone two steps behind you.

Does it have an impact? Sure. Minor, ultimately insignificant, but still an impact.

Does it bother me? Minutely for about two seconds, then it is forgotten.

Is it rude? Yes.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

As many have said, one or two people cutting won't affect my vacation. But then again, those same two going to the end of the line won't really affect theirs. Conclusion. Go to the end of the line.

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is rapidly deteriorating from the original poster's question into a 'line jumping' discussion....

To the original poster: In terms of etiquette, the procedure would be for one person to get the FastPasses for the group while the rest of the group makes their way to the ride/attraction you are going to take in while you wait for your FastPass window to open.

The group going to that attraction should NOT get in the queue until you (or whomever is the FastPass "runner") can catch up to them. At that point, you can all get in the queue together.

Enjoy your trip!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    This thread is rapidly deteriorating from the original poster's question into a 'line jumping' discussion....

To the original poster: In terms of etiquette, the procedure would be for one person to get the FastPasses for the group while the rest of the group makes their way to the ride/attraction you are going to take in while you wait for your FastPass window to open.

The group going to that attraction should NOT get in the queue until you (or whomever is the FastPass "runner") can catch up to them. At that point, you can all get in the queue together.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Besides - as narrow as many queues are - line jumpers always end up stepping on my toes, putting backpacks in my face (I'm only 5'3") or in my chest. It can be painful to those of us already waiting in the line.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoreFan View Post
    My DH, DS 4y, and I will be at WDW in 22 days...not that I'm counting . We are formulating a touring plan now. We had planned on one of us going to get fast passes for an attraction while the other waits in line with DS for another attraction. How will the people in line with us feel when the one that went for fast passes "cuts in line?" Will they be angry or understanding? I don't want to tick anyone off.

Thanks for the advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post

Enjoy your trip!!!
    Here's the question that is asked in the original post.
    ""How will the people in line with us feel when the one that went for fast passes "cuts in line?"

I believe she is asking what will people think when someone jumps them in line, thus it has become a "line jumping" thread. The reason it seems that way is because thats how it started out!

Looks to me like the vast majority of posters would really like you and your party to stick together and join up at the END of the line. While most if not all would bite their tounge, line jumping is not accetable in THIS case.

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

The real annoyance someone "line cutting" is that everyone has to move aside and push against other people in an already relative tight space. I understand what you're going for, and yes, it is only one person, but it disturbs the balance of the que. This is especially annoying if its a crowded hot day. (No offense)

We try to condense our time by one person getting the fastpasses while the other grabs a quick breakfast/popcorn/soft drink/whatever supplies are needed at that moment.

Sometimes it works out that one of us has to use the bathroom and the other doesn't. It's my way of DBF being less annoyed by my frequent bathroom breaks, but that is another story. Too much info?

Post Thanks / Like

You know - I wish everyone was as considerate as you to even think this might pose a problem. I see a lot of people at theme parks that don't even consider other peoples feelings.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom2000 View Post
    You know - I wish everyone was as considerate as you to even think this might pose a problem. I see a lot of people at theme parks that don't even consider other peoples feelings.
    I agree. And truth be told, if this happened to me in line I would think about it for all of a fraction of second. Just not that important.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I will add my voice to saying it isn't wrong, but it's not quite right either. I don't think most people mind when it happens (we've done this when our son just could not wait to get in line, but one of us had to park the stroller), and as long as you're polite, most people have been very courteous. But this does fall into the category of "if you have to ask...".
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Use this as a rule.

My time is not more important than the time of the people next to me.

Here's another one.

Just because someone chooses not to escalate the situation and overlooks my rude behavior, it does not make my rude behavior acceptable.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    Use this as a rule.

My time is not more important than the time of the people next to me.

Here's another one.

Just because someone chooses not to escalate the situation and overlooks my rude behavior, it does not make my rude behavior acceptable.
    this.

Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone should get in line together.
    ~ Christine

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: