Quantcast Marriner Aniversary trip Day 2 Part 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marriner Aniversary trip Day 2 Part 1

Day two Part one
    Ughhh what is that sound? Someone make it stop. Why won’t it stop? Oh that’s right it’s the alarm. Groan. It’s time to get up and get ready for our next day. Sigh. This is the first time in my life I am not BOUNCING out of bed and hurrying to get ready because I can’t wait until we get there and can start the fun. But as you might remember, with a combined total of nine blisters on my feet I’m really in no hurry.

However grumping about it doesn’t solve anything and we are here to have fun so I get up anyway. Besides we have ADRs this morning at ‘Ohana. I make a half hearted suggestion to DW that we could just go to the food court here at POR instead of our ADRs but no dice.

So ….… an adventure with moleskin. I really can’t believe how much I have to use for me to be able to just stand on my feet. Pant pant. Ok now for socks…. Pant pant. At this point I just look at my shoes with terror. Being my running shoes, they are pretty tight to begin with and my feet are swollen with blisters in all the wrong spots. I can do this right? 4 combat deployments under my belt and Im scared of my shoes? Grrrr. Time to man up. Ow o wow ahhhhh. Ok got them on and actually they don’t feel too bad. They hurt sure but not like they did. Ok off to the Poly.

We get down to the bus stop and are the only ones from POR going to the Poly for breakfast or at least this early. We are there probably about 20 mins before they are open so we get to watch them set up. While we wait, I look around and I am impressed with the lushness of the area. It is very well themed and I can actually imagine that we are in Hawaii. Well they are ready for us and take our pictures wearing those Leis. We get seated pretty fast and since DW has some food allergies the chef comes out to discuss the menu with her and what she can eat. Basically its all the tropical fruit and juice she can’t have so it isn’t a real big deal.

Not long after the food arrives, which is yummy by the way (mmmmm Mickey waffles), the characters start to come out one at a time. I actually have forgot which order they came out except Pluto was last. The Characters currently there are Mickey in a Hawaiian shirt, Stitch, Lilo and Pluto. It was a lot of fun when they stopped at our table and we took many cute pictures. I actually think we had more fun than a lot of the kids who were there. I am having such a good time that I actually wish my feet didn’t hurt so I could do the parade with them.

Once done we take the Monorail over to the MK. Thankfully we didn’t get the Avenger wrapped one. Call me a purist but I don’t like the blatant advertising for the movie. Anyhow we are right on time for the park opening ceremony. Its odd, I have been to the MK several times but I have never seen the Opening ceremony. I liked it but then again I like pretty much all of the shows in MK. It made me so happy to be right there right then, I started to tear up. My wife looked up at me and asked me if I was crying? I told her yes and stuck out my tongue.

When they let everyone in the parks DW had a very good idea. We went to Guest Relations and asked for Mary Poppins schedule. See, on our last trip I saw Mary and ran away from the group so I could meet her. It went something like this “Hey look its Mary Poppins!!” everyone else “huh?” “Where did he go?” I had the character handler take my picture with her and then she and I walked arm in arm singing “Jolly Holiday”. It was absolutely Magical. Unfortunately somehow, that picture got lost or something. I was most upset. So, back in the present, the plan is to wait on Mary and get a New Picture. Good news is we only had to wait about 15 mins. We go over to where we are told she is going to be and chat with a Photopass Cast Member who is there to take pictures and informs us that Snow White is also on her way to the same basic area. Awesome two for one right? Not so much. We are standing by this tree and here comes Snow, She walks up to us and in this horribly done snow white voice asks if we would mind moving because the pictures are so lovely with the tree in them. Not a Hi or any other greeting. I really wanted to tell her we know that this is the spot for pictures and we were waiting here for you but the way she handled us turned us both off to doing it. Especially since Mary was about 50 ft behind her and that’s who we wanted anyway. So we asked for some pictures with Mary and it was great. Got some very nice shots.

As we begin to walk toward Main street from Tonys we see the Mayor. I got to tell you, they could not have picked a more likeable person to be the Mayor of MK. He was great. Very personable and funny. The photopass cast member who was with him took some of the best candid shots we got the whole time we were in the parks. If I could I would post them so you could see them, I think they are that good. It looks like we are old friends just cutting up and having a grand time. I was actually kind of sad we had to leave him so we could go do other things. How cool would it be to drag a character with you around the park as you went from attraction to attraction.

We head up Main Street and stop for the obligatory picture with the castle in the background then head over to Tomorrowland so we can ride Space Mountain. Space mountain is down. Really? The park just opened. How can it be down? Grumble grumble. Ok what else do we want to do over here… ok lets go do Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin. Man look at that. No line. Seriously, with the exception of Mission Space over in EPCOT, that has been the theme all weekend. No long waits in the standby lines. We sit ourselves down in our “spaceship” and go through the course; I beat DW by about 60,000 points. But neither of us are really great at it so it doesn’t matter.

Once we get off Buzz we decide to ride the Pedway People mover so I can get off my feet. Yeah yeah I know what it’s called now but it will always be the Pedway People Mover to me. Anyhow, my feet are still yelling at me so sitting down is a beautiful idea at this point. It’s a great ride that no one ever wants to do it seems and there is never anything even resembling a line. I thought about doing more than once circuit but since this is a short trip for us, we had more stuff to do. Honestly there isn’t more in Tomorrowland that we both want to do. I love the Carousel of Progress but the DW really cant stand the song. So we head off to Fantasyland.

We both felt that we had to ride the many adventures of Winnie the Pooh since we have never rode it before and it had an interactive line. Honestly not impressed with the interactive line as an adult but Im sure the kids LOVE it and that’s who the ride is for honestly. Now I am an old Pooh fan from waaaay back so I actually enjoy this ride and hope that it doesn’t get axed later on as they continue to “improve” the MK. I liked the mix of movie projection, lighting, wind and animatronics. All in all it’s a pretty good ride even if it is for little kids.

Thankfully the next ride we want to go on is right around the corner. Snow Whites Scary Adventure. This ride is closing down permanently next month and we had never been on it. Once again it’s a little kid ride but is pretty well done for an old school dark ride. I cant say I love this ride but I am glad that we got the chance to ride it before it went away.
    Our last stop for Fantasyland today is the obligatory Small World ride. Its just a tradition with us and I am sure many families to go through this each trip. Its not a great ride but classic and its now checked off and we can go do other things.

Next episode we head on over to Liberty Square and another First.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Am really enjoying your reports!

Sorry the feet are not holding up for this trip.

In Trip Reports, we do allow links to pictures at picture sites such as webshots and similar sites.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my 9 blisters....ouch ouch ouch!!! YIKES!!

However, you are having a great Disney day in spite of the pain!!

Thanks for your fun report!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

The suspense is killing me....can't wait to read more. Great posts...and funny too!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, lots of firsts...sounds good with the exception of your poor feet

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Enjoying your reports! Just not the blisters portion, hope you're able to tough it out through the pain.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for commenting guys
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2006 DL

Post Thanks / Like

When were you down there? We were there through April 28th and Space Mountain was quite the problem. On the 27th I waited in line with 2 of my kids and the ride broke down while we were in the boarding area. We returned the next day to use our fastpasses and rode it but then when my wife tried to use the child swap pass it broke down for her when she was in the boarding area. She never did get to ride it as we were the on our way home.

Just wondering if your Space Mountain experience was the same weekend as our.
    April 2000 -- ASMu
    November 2004 -- ASMo (First time with kids)
    September 2005 -- Pop
    September 2007 -- Pop
    January 2009 -- POR
    April 2012 -- POR (Cramming 6 people in one room)
    July 2014 -- Pop (12 days in Disney)

Post Thanks / Like

We were there from April 20-22.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2006 DL

Post Thanks / Like

So far it sounds like it's been a great morning! Glad you got to do SWSA before it shut down for good!

Looking forward to the rest of the day!
    --Heff

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for reporting.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: