Quantcast Illuminations: How many views per visit? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: How Often Do You Watch Illuminations

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 -- Not Interested

7 7.45%
  • 1 -- Once is enough

53 56.38%
  • 2 -- It Takes More Than One Viewing to Appreciate

20 21.28%
  • 3 or more -- I Can't Get Enough of This!

14 14.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

IllumiNations is by far my family's favorite nighttime show. We always see it multiple times on every trip.

When we first started to go to WDW my daughter, now 16, was very young and she LOVED IllumiNations. We made a point of getting to EPCOT for the show on most nights. Now on the last night of every trip we still watch the show, cry, and hold hands while we walk as slowly as we can to the exit. This has turned into a family tradition that I hope will last a long time.
    Kevin

1996 POFQ
    1999 POR
    2001 WL
    2003 WL
    2005 WL
    2006 CR/POFQ
    2007 BC
    2010 WL/BC (Half Marathon)
    2009 Cruise on the Wonder
    2011 WL (Half Marathon)
    2012 BWI (Wine and Dine Half Marathon)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Before kids, we used to get the park hoppers. Then we'd rush out of whatever park we were in after their respective fireworks show to get to Epcot in time to enjoy Illuminations. I can never get enough of this fantastic show!

Now that we have kids and don't park hop, I enjoy it the two times we visit Epcot on each trip.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I selected "once is enough," though that does not exactly correspond with how I feel. I love Illuminations and could watch it every night of the trip, but there are so many nighttime shows and events at Disney that I usually only get the opportunity to view it once (maybe twice).

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I would be fine with once per trip. The people I go with tend to love and want to see it again, so I plan for it twice each trip.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

At least once is a must, usually twice since we typically visit each park at least twice on a trip. We couldn't walk away if there were a chance to see it.

Post Thanks / Like

We are not fans of this show. We like Wishes and try to catch it at least twice, same with Fantasmic, but have never cared for this show. We loved the old one before the change in 2000though. That one we tried to see a couple of times each trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Usually just once since it is hard to find a good view without spending a longtime waiting. I am more willing to wait at MK for parade and fireworks.
    In four trips I have yet to have a good view of Illuminations, and a few times I've waited a long time only to find out that I chose poorly. Hoping to get a decent view from La Hacienda this year.

On the other hand, I have the perfect spot from which to watch the MSEP.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    In four trips I have yet to have a good view of Illuminations, and a few times I've waited a long time only to find out that I chose poorly. Hoping to get a decent view from La Hacienda this year.

On the other hand, I have the perfect spot from which to watch the MSEP.
    If you do not enjoy your view from La Hacienda, I love being near Canada for it. There's a bench beside a "rock" outside of Canada near the water. We usually grab our dinner or School Bread and eat there while waiting for Illuminations. The "rock" is actually a speaker for the show.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly only once when we visit as were always trying to see other attactions ,but very good question as i should go and see it more
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion on good viewing location?

Between Norway and Mexico. Unobstructed view, no islands or trees in the way, right up along the railing. The wind *usually* blows from east to west (toward the UK/Canada side).
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I said once, but that is one time we will make plans to see it. We always spend at least 2 days at Epcot, so if it works out to see it a second time we will, but only go out of our way to see it once.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I love Illuminations. I think I loved it more when they had the Tapestry of Nations. In general, fireworks are a 1-time thing for us. The reason is we are morning people. We get to the parks at opening because we can do so much more early. Then, we can relax at the resort, DD can play the games at the pool, and we head back late afternoon.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Once - but honestly, we don't go out of our way. don't get me wrong - it's great and we enjoy it, but I come from a city that knows how to do fireworks & does them often (I know - Illuminations is more than a fireworks show, but still), so we generally would rather spend our time with other attractions or meals.

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoy it...but once is enough. for whatever reason the crowds that wait for illuminations (stretching out on benches to "hold their place", barricading fence lines with strollers, give you the evil eye when you walk up and stand beside them because the spot you are in where they wanted the other 13 people in their party to be, etc) tend to get on my nerves more than they do at Wishes.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

We end up watching several times each trip. DW loves fireworks and this is our favorie show. It is very convenient since we are DVC members at BWV and can walk home after. We are also at the age where our trips are mostly without children so we don't visit MK more than once per trip, and we find the crowds for Wishes tougher to deal with than Illuminations.

Post Thanks / Like

We see this once during our vacations. On the other visit to EPCOT we usually leave earlier and head back to the resort for some pool time or head down to DTD for some shopping

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been watching Illuminations for at least 20 yrs. It seems that on every return visit, the show gets shorter, so once is more than enough.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: