Quantcast Wisconsin dells

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Wisconsin dells

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wisconsin dells

Hello!
    Me dh and ds (1) are going to the dells next month for a couple of days for some family time. I was wondering if anyone has been recently and which hotel you would recommend. We are deciding between wilderness, kalahari and great wolf lodge. Water slides are not important to us as my son is too small but a great toddler area would be nice as well as other toddler friendly activities. Also curious about the food at these hotels. Thanks!
    Many trips as a child offsite
    1995 Disney Cruise/Old key west
    New Years 2001 Caribbean Beach Resort
    March 2006 Offsite
    Sept 2010 Coronado Springs Resort
    November 2013 POR
    Sept/oct 2014 cars room at AOA
    Next trip: too long!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Never been to the Dells but have been to a couple of Great Wolf's and I like them alot. Very clean with a nice kid area.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I live in WI and go to the Dells often, We have stayed at the Wilderness and Kalahari, We prefer Wilderness over Kalahari as there is more to do with 4 indoor waterparks compared to 1 at Kalahari, It is a better value and a much nicer resort.
    1985ish, 1991,1994
    2003 CBR took husband for first time "Honeymoon"
    2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2007 POR, 2009 All-Star Movies, 2010 Pop, 2012 May POP,
    2014 August 10-17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Great, thanks for the info. I do think we will end up staying at the wilderness. Do you have any restaurants in the area that you would recommend?
    March 2006 Offsite
    November 2013 POR

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Glacier Canyon Lodge...which is a timeshare that's inside the Wilderness Territory. You can get a good deal on Ebay and you will have all the room you could want or need...and since you will be a "guest" of an owner, you won't have to attend a presentation of any kind. When we were there, we had 2 two bedroom units and they came with 8 or 10 wristbands per room...I can't remember, but at least 8. You have access to everything Wilderness has to offer and you can get shuttles to the waterparks. That being said, my choice for a toddler would be Wilderness on the Lake. The indoor waterpark is adorable and has more for a toddler. It also has a nice arcade and a decent sized infinity pool. It's out of the way, so it's much slower paced. We want to go back, but Disney won out this year Whatever you choose, you'll have a blast!
    "You make me smile with my heart."
    • DH...almost every year growing up.
    • Me...1978...I think.
      Our Family
    • January 2006-CBR
    • April 2007-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2008-CSR---Never again!
    • Halloween 2010-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2012-Bonnet Creek:)

Post Thanks / Like

We go to the Dells every year for small getaways- we love the Wiilderness Resort. We usually book the Glacier Canyon section, which is timeshare, but you can book for cash on the wilderness website. You get to use all the waterparks. There is alot to do there. It is a big place but it doesn't feel so crowded since it is large and spread out, and there are several indoor and outdoor water parks to disperse people.

We have also stayed at the Kalahari. We prefer The Wilderness. We've been going there since our boys were toddlers.

As far as food- we usually go out into town and eat. We like Pablo's Mexican Restaurant, have tried Moosejaw and a few other places, too. I know Wilderness has a breakfast buffet, sports bar, a few quick options, and Field's at the Wilderness which is high end. I wasn't overwhelmed by the food there. Nothing really stood out or was worth the cost, but it's ok if you are looking for convenience. We also go out and get fast food sometimes...there's alot of options not too far.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    We go to the Dells every year for small getaways- we love the Wiilderness Resort. We usually book the Glacier Canyon section, which is timeshare, but you can book for cash on the wilderness website.
    I just saw that on their website. We went when it was only a timeshare and they split the building with Wilderness. I looked at the pictures of the rooms they have and they looked smaller than the timeshare rooms. I hope the timeshare rooms are still the same! We like to stretch out.
    "You make me smile with my heart."
    • DH...almost every year growing up.
    • Me...1978...I think.
      Our Family
    • January 2006-CBR
    • April 2007-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2008-CSR---Never again!
    • Halloween 2010-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2012-Bonnet Creek:)

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the timeshare studio rooms at Glacier Canyon are larger- and IMHO nicer- than the standard hotel rooms at the Wilderness. Also they usually (not always) seem to charge less for them. We don't mind the walk over to the hotel (there is a covered indoor bridge/walkway connecting the resorts). Also they have a nice little outdoor water park at Glacier Canyon.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the great info! We are booking a room in the glacier canyon section. They are having a special next mOnth on their two room condos which will be perfect for us as we'd rather let ds sleep in his own room. Glad to know others would recommend it!
    March 2006 Offsite
    November 2013 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dobby2010 View Post
    Thanks for all the great info! We are booking a room in the glacier canyon section. They are having a special next month on their two room condos which will be perfect for us as we'd rather let ds sleep in his own room. Glad to know others would recommend it!
    Glad to help! I think you will really like it. We've always preferred the condo style rooms over the years too. Before they built Galcier Canyon we did stay in the hotel. The extra space you get at Glacier is nice- and it's newer/more recently built too. We've looked at staying at other hotels there before, but always have a good experience here so no reason to leave. And, some of the hotels out there can be dumpy. I believe Wilderness is one of the few that don't sell tickets to their waterparks to the public, you have to stay there, which helps with the crowd levels. Hope you like it- please let us know what you thought when you get back!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: