Quantcast No rooms for week in October?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default No rooms for week in October?

Hi everyone, I was looking online last week on the Disney world website and looking to book my trip for the Poly and put in the dates as Oct. 18 - 25th and kept getting nothing. All that was available were the value resorts! This was confusing, I've never seen that happen in the 17 years I've been going so I called them. The lady I talked to also did the search and came up with the same thing. She was surprised too, she also had never seen this. I check again today and it's the same thing. I switched my dates to the week before and there were plenty of rooms. A computer glitch maybe? What does everyone think?

Lynda

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a huge Gartner Convention going on starting on the 21st, perhaps people are coming in early just because its at Disney?
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
    There is a huge Gartner Convention going on starting on the 21st, perhaps people are coming in early just because its at Disney?
    Yes, that's most likely the reason. Even John will be at the Gartner Expo, which is why the ICOT 15 celebration is that weekend after. The Gartner Expo is huge. Huge!

I want to say there is something else big going on at that time as well, besides the fact that time of year with the Food & Wine Festival and MNSSHP have become very popular.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree that the Gartner convention brings an enormous number of people to the resort hotels. My cousin is with the company and is there for the week every year. He has shared many stories of the very limited accommodations available when attendees need/wish to change resorts. He himself had his reservation booted my some computer glitch one year and almost couldn't get a room.
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, to: Intercot..

I do not know if Magical Journeys can help, but if you give them some dates to play with they may find you something that will work.

Magical Journeys is a sponsor or Intercot. I have used them for a few years now and they do most of the work for you for free.

Hope this helps...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

When I was trying to book at end of June first of July for late October I was looking to stay at POFQ with free dining and there were no rooms available so ended up booking POP. I was surprised.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

At least since I first attended in 1998, the Gartner Symposium has always been the second or third week in October, and this year is no exception. There are approx. 8,000-10,000 attendees, which takes a lot of rooms. It's a great conference (you haven't truly lived until you've sat in a ballroom with 5000 other geeks watching "Monty Python's In Search of the Holy Grail") but as the OP noted, it doesn't leave much in the way of choice for rooms during that time frame. Even hotels off property are impacted.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Default my goodness!

Wow, thanks everyone, I'm really glad I'm not going that week then. I feel better about it all now. that's something I will have to remember

Lynda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    (you haven't truly lived until you've sat in a ballroom with 5000 other geeks watching "Monty Python's In Search of the Holy Grail")

I need a job with this company!!! Tis but a scratch!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying there from 10/18 to 10/25. Glad we booked early.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ahhh

I noticed that everything was booked for the week we are going. We have already booked and have a room, however, it makes me nervous to have the CBR fully booked.

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa - that's a lot of people! Tucking that tidbit of info away for future reference... "note to self - do NOT plan a trip the third week of October - EVER!"
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LandFan View Post
    Whoa - that's a lot of people! Tucking that tidbit of info away for future reference... "note to self - do NOT plan a trip the third week of October - EVER!"
    Please be aware that it's not nearly as bad as you're thinking. Yes, there are a lot of rooms being taken for this conference, but there is very little impact on the crowds at the parks or at the restaurants. In fact, the parks are typically less crowded at this time. The folks at the Symposium aren't in the parks during the day, and rarely at night. Most are not there with their families.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this is the reason DHS closes at 6:00on the 23rd?
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Please be aware that it's not nearly as bad as you're thinking. Yes, there are a lot of rooms being taken for this conference, but there is very little impact on the crowds at the parks or at the restaurants. In fact, the parks are typically less crowded at this time. The folks at the Symposium aren't in the parks during the day, and rarely at night. Most are not there with their families.

Steve
    How sad, they're at WDW and stuck in a conference!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    I wonder if this is the reason DHS closes at 6:00on the 23rd?
    Yep. The Symposium always has a private party on either Monday or Tuesday night. They used to alternate between DHS and MK, but anymore, DHS is the usual venue.

Steve

Most Recent Visit:
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Steve
    I agree... we've been to Disney twice during this time period, and have never noticed a difference in the crowds, compared to other times we've been there. In fact, usually they've seemed a bit light. So, I wouldn't completely rule the week out if it ever happens to be the only time you can travel!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: