Quantcast Worst place to eat

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I think that with dining in general (in and out of Disney) there are going to be mixed reviews for everything. Sometimes there is a situation that will warrant a NEVER return. I can't say that I've been that appalled that I will never return and I have never gotten sick (which I am grateful for!).

I can say that I HATE the service at Beaches and Cream. It's consistency horrible. I return because I love the atmosphere and food.

I am going to throw in some support for Hollywood and Vine. I have never had a bad meal there, but I haven't only started to try it in the past year. I do know that they have gotten a new chef within the past year and I've even seen improvement in the past year! They are always changing the buffet offerings, so I highly recommend giving it another try!

In another thought, I do feel like there are quite a few servers at Disney who just don't care because they don't have to. Most Disney restaurants are booked most of the night, so they know their tables are going to be full and they know that people will tip because it's vacation. It's disheartening.
    When you wish upon a star...You get to go to Disney World
    Katie's Trips to Disney-
    WDW Trips: 245 times
    DL Trips: 4 times

Stopped counting since January 2012 when we moved to "the world"!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5..._as=subscriber

Post Thanks / Like

Default My 2 Cents

Hi there! I have to agree that Hollywood and Vine is my least favorite. The food was yucky and our waitress was clueless. We always try to give the server a fair chance as I am sure it is a tough job and dealing with the public is always challenging. However, this particular waitress seemed to have no idea what she was doing. And it's a buffet - so how hard could it be?

We like 'Ohana. We used to love it, then it went down, but it seems to be on the upswing. I have a son with a serious food allergy, and he cannot eat the family dessert. The chef came out and spoke to us, and made my son the most awesome personal dessert and delivered it right to him. It was such a cool dessert that my non-allergic son was kind of jealous! (but still very happy for his little bro.) Great, great service there.

I also do not like the Biergarten. My husband liked it and wants me to give it another shot, and I probably should. They sat us at the same table as another family (who we did not know) and the members of the other family were fighting with each other the entire time. It really kind of put a damper on the experience for me, and so I tend to skip it when making ADRs.

We have had good meals at both CRT (and I have boys!) and 1900. The characters at 1900 were great both times. I also enjoyed the food at both places. As someone else said earlier in this post "different strokes for different folks!"
    2006 - WL 2007 - WL
    2008 - WL 2009 - WL
    2010 - BC
    2010 (fall) - CBR
    2011 - DCL and FW Cabin
    2011 (fall) - WL
    2012 - BC (suprise upgrade to Club Level!)
    2013 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

We'll never again do the Hawaiian Luau. I thought the food was awful!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I would say Victoria and Albert's. I was expecting a 5-star experience, but would rate it at no more than 4.99. My soup was at least 3 degrees below its optimal temperature (according to the thermometer I take with me to measure such things). It was also obvious my Kobe beef was from the northern part of the Hyōgo Prefecture when everyone knows the southern part produces the superior cow. Finally, one of my servers had a mole on the back of his neck, too, which nearly caused me to lose my appetite. Yet, Disney still expected me to pay full price for my meal. The nerve.
    2014: BC; 2013: CS; 2012: POR, Dolphin; 2011: Hilton, Dolphin; 2010: POFQ, CSR; 2009: POFQ; 2008: HoJo DL, Royal Plaza; 2007: Saratoga; 2006: POP, BV, CSR; 2005: AS-Mu, Off-site, POFQ; 2004: POFQ, AS-Mo; 2003: CSR, AS-Mo, Royal Plaza; 2002: AS-Mu; AS-Mu, CBR, Off-site; 2001: WL; 2000: Landings/Magic

Post Thanks / Like

I've never really had a horrible dinner in WDW, but I would say the luau at Poly was prob the worst. Service was horrible and the food was so-so. Also agree with Tony's. They rushed us in and so fast that it was not enjoyable. And I also have to give a vote to Capn Jacks. I think the menu is horrible and the service was lacking. It has the potential to be a good seafood place but it's like they don't care.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Poly luau but the food was so-so and since it was outside during Aug, there were a lot of flies that we had to keep shooing away. I think that was the night that I decided to drink as much free wine and beer as I could with dinner to make the evening enjoyable. It worked as we had a great time. The fire twirler was awesome!
    Keneva

---------------------------------
    WDW
    Aug 2022 CR Wing
    Aug 2014 BC & GF Club
    Aug 2012 Swan & Grand Floridian Club
    Aug 2010 Poly LVC
    Aug 2008 Poly LVC
    Aug 2006 CR Club
    Jan 2001 Poly LVC (Honeymoon)
    Oct 1995 Off-site

DL
    1967-69 Several Visits (Green Lantern Motel?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BhamWriter View Post
    I would say Victoria and Albert's. I was expecting a 5-star experience, but would rate it at no more than 4.99. My soup was at least 3 degrees below its optimal temperature (according to the thermometer I take with me to measure such things). It was also obvious my Kobe beef was from the northern part of the Hyōgo Prefecture when everyone knows the southern part produces the superior cow. Finally, one of my servers had a mole on the back of his neck, too, which nearly caused me to lose my appetite. Yet, Disney still expected me to pay full price for my meal. The nerve.
    Love your wit.....
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    Love your wit.....
    Yup, good post.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I would say Hollywood and Vine. Last 2 times we went we have gotten sick within 15 mins of leaving there.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BhamWriter View Post
    LOVE IT!!

Sometimes the nit picking makes me start to think like you wrote here . . . .
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot one! Turkey Legs! Not that they're necessarily bad, but now that I've had one, I don't ever need to get another.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AvonleaCF View Post
    I forgot one! Turkey Legs! Not that they're necessarily bad, but now that I've had one, I don't ever need to get another.
    Me too. Too many tendons.

Post Thanks / Like

Le Cellier was so bad from beginning to middle to end our $300+ bill was comped.

St Angel was just gross.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised by O'Hana's as well...it is our favorite.

I would say the worst would be Chef de France. We enjoyed it here in the past, but this past Sept it was awful (as well as the service) and second would be Whispering Canyon (I wish they'd change it back). These two are definitely off our list.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: