Quantcast Quotes for 2014 and beyond

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quotes for 2014 and beyond

Okay, I am the type who likes to book my vacation and pay it in full 8 to months ahead of time. I have tried to get quotes for packages in February 2014 and the Disney site will not allow it. I know that rates may change I am just trying to get a ballpark figure and I actually do not have my exact dates yet so am just checking rates.

So my question is, what if I wanted to book a room and package for those dates? I like to book ahead so I can get the resort and room I want. Do I have to wait until Jan. 1, 2014 to book for February or is there a way to book before then?

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't, at present, book (or even look at prices for) a package for 2014. Packages will be released later in the year (Fall?) for 2014.

You can, however, make a room only reservation for something like 499 days out. When you do this, you'll pay the standard one-night room and tax deposit. This will be based on the current rate for the type of room you're booking. Once the actual rates for 2014 are announced, you'll have to make up any difference in the deposit. Also, once the packages are released, you can call and have your room-only reservation changed to a package. If you do change the reservation to a package, you'll then have to make the normal $200 deposit on the package. Since room-only reservations and package reservations are handled separately (and by different departments within Disney) they will usually refund your original deposit and require you to make a separate $200 deposit on your package. This will happen even if you had booked a room at the GF for $480/night, and already paid more than a $200 deposit.

It can be a bit of a hassle, but you can certainly do it and get that specific room type you want.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly! Packages tend to be released late summer for the next year (although one time it was earlier, in June I think).

Before then, you can book a "room only", and you will be charged for one night at the rack rate.

But, if I remember correctly, you can't just "add" a package to a room only reservation, it is like a totally separate reservation. When we had to do this for a January vacation once, it was a bit of a mess trying to get the type of room we wanted back.

The big bonus (for us) of doing this was being able to book ADR's at 180+10, instead of having to call again and again.

If you want to get an idea of the rate, I often put in a "comparable" timeframe (ie value season, peak season) and see what I get.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vacation Rates

If you want to get a rate for 2014 I would just increase the current rate by 5 percent since that seems to be what they increase there rates by. If it turns out to be less that would be good news then. As stated above in the first post that is the best way to get what you want.
    Hugpug

Have stayed at FW,ASM,POP,WL,CS,POR,POFQ,CB,POLY,Grovesnor,Offsit e over the years past. LOVED THEM ALL

Post Thanks / Like

Okay that's what I was wondering. It stinks that you can't reserve the room you want and add a package on later

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Okay, I am the type who likes to book my vacation and pay it in full 8 to months ahead of time. I have tried to get quotes for packages in February 2014 and the Disney site will not allow it. I know that rates may change I am just trying to get a ballpark figure and I actually do not have my exact dates yet so am just checking rates.

So my question is, what if I wanted to book a room and package for those dates? I like to book ahead so I can get the resort and room I want. Do I have to wait until Jan. 1, 2014 to book for February or is there a way to book before then?
    You can also tell Magical Journey's exactly when and where you want to go. They'll book it as soon as it becomes available and change it as soon as packages/discounts become available. My family booked our Feb 2013 trip that way back in August 2012 and it worked out great.

Incidentally, I feel like I must sound like "a shill for the man" with all the plugging of Intercot sponsors I'm doing today, but its 100% genuine. Magical Journeys is really a great company.
    Bay Lake Tower - 2014, 2015
    Polynesian Resort - 2013
    Wilderness Lodge - 2011
    Port Orleans - 2003
    Hotel Plaza - 2002
    Coronado Springs - 1998
    Disneyland - 1997
    All Star Music - 1995, 1997
    Offsite - 1980, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloJason View Post
    You can also tell Magical Journey's exactly when and where you want to go. They'll book it as soon as it becomes available and change it as soon as packages/discounts become available. My family booked our Feb 2013 trip that way back in August 2012 and it worked out great.

Incidentally, I feel like I must sound like "a shill for the man" with all the plugging of Intercot sponsors I'm doing today, but its 100% genuine. Magical Journeys is really a great company.
    Of course I will I used them on my last two trips and they did a great job, thanks Karen

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: