Quantcast Jambo vs Kidani

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Jambo vs Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jambo vs Kidani

We are booked for a savannah view at kidani village in October. We've stayed at Jambo house savannah view before & loved it. We did walk down to kidani village & I wasn't very impressed with the lobby. That said, I love the lobby at jambo & the quick service so I can get zebra domes anytime! The lady who made our reservation said kidani had a much better pool. What are your opinions on kidani? Do the busses pick up there first or jambo house? I'm debating wether I should wait list jambo house or if kidani will do the job! Our first 3 choices were BLT, BWV & BCV and they are ALL booked! Crazy!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

With young kids I would prefer Kidani. The pool is nice, although small. We prefer Jambo as it is closer to Boma and Mara. Both Savannah views are fine. I don't care about which stop has pick up first, although some people do. One thought is if you are going to spend a day or more staying at a resort, Kidani can have more for you.

Post Thanks / Like

We will have someone in a wheelchair and a double stroller, so that's the only reason I'm wondering about the bus pick-ups. We do love Mara, so that kind of stinks, but we can still walk over of we need to. Thanks for your input!

Post Thanks / Like

Buses pick-up/drop-off first at Kidani then proceed to Jambo house.

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

With the exception of the Downtown Disney bus which stops at Jambo first, all the buses go to Kidani first then Jambo.

We liked Kidani on our last trip, especially the pool area.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we had the same problem. Went to book our October vacation and BLT was our first choice.

However we are now staying at Kidani with a savannah view. We stayed there on our last vacation in April. I loved it. And Jambo house is not that far away. We walked to our dinner at Jiko. It was a nice walk. Having never stayed at Jambo I have nothing to compare it to. And Kidani is the first to be picked up. So that will help with the wheelchair. We have an ECV with us on vacations and it was nice not having to fight crowds to get it on. I think you should give it a try. We really did like it and didn't mind that we have to stay there instead of BLT.
    Sam
    DVC owner at SSR/AKL
    Past Trips:
    POP: 4/15-23 08, 1/27-2/4 09, 12/2-12 09
    AKL SV: 4/25-5/4 12

Disneyland Hotel: 9/29-10/2,12/2-4 2011
    Upcoming:
    GCA 4/19-21 2013 Dream/WDW Oct 16th-26th 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed at Kidani and loved it. First to pick up and drop off for all buses other than downtown disney ... Great perk! Pool was terrific, great slide and kids water splash area. You will have a terrific time. If you want to go to Jambo, it is an 8-10 minute stroll or jump on any bus other than downtown disney and Jambo will be the next stop.
    How do you do? Mighty pleasant greetin'. How do you do? Say it when you're meetin'. How do you do? With everyone repeatin'. Pretty good sure as you're born.

Post Thanks / Like

I would pick Kidani over Jambo after staying at both.

The pool area , especially the splash area, is superb. Yes, the lobby isn't as showy but it is quieter than the lobby at Jambo while still being beautiful.

Saana is a lovely choice for a sit down meal. if having access to the quick serve is very important to you, then Jambo may be a better choic. For us since we were in a 1 bedroom with the full kitchen, it really wasn't a factor, we had plenty of food and only went to Mara once.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at both. If I had to pick out of the two I would pick Jambo. Kidani is a wonderful resort, but there were a few things we didn't love about it.

We didn't like that there was no place to get a quick meal easily. We were at the pool when a storm rolled in. We wanted to get a quick bite for dinner. The menu at the pool was very limited and we didn't want to have to eat at the pool with the storm since you would have to eat outside under the pool bar cover, or bring our food to our room in the rain. We did look at the extended "room service" menu that they had at the bar, but with the storm rolling in we didn't want to have to wait for the food and carry it back to the room in the rain. Also looking at pricing it was more than I was willing to pay for a quick dinner so we decided not to order room service from the room. Again with the rain coming going to Mara at Jambo was not a great option either. We ended up getting a frozen pizza from the gift shop and cooked it in our room. If we had been in a studio that would not have been an option for us either. I just didn't like that finding a quick meal for my family ended up being so troublesome. I can't imagine being there for a whole week without any decent QS options.

I also thought the location of the pool was very odd. The layout of the resort and pool felt "disjointed" to me. The pool almost felt like it was an after thought, like OK let's just put it here in this empty space. It almost felt like it was in the parking lot. LOL.

I'm glad we tried Kidani once, but I don't think we'll be rushing back. Any future AKL stays for my family will most likely be at Jambo.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best of both

We have stayed at Jambo, where we love the ambiance, Jambo, relaxing and beautiful pool area and quick service restaurant. However, we always walk over and enjoy the pool with the kids (best for little kids imho) and always take the bus over for dinner in Sanaa.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Share This Thread On Social Media: