Quantcast Toiletries in staterooms.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Toiletries in staterooms.

What toiletries are included in the staterooms on the Dream? Shampoo, conditioner, bath soap, hair dryer, etc? This is our very first cruise ever, so I'm trying to figure out exactly what we need to pack. Thanks!
    Off-site - 1984, 1988 (2)
    Disneyland - 1993
    All Star Movies - 1999
    All Star Music - 2002
    Polynesian - 2006
    Coronado Springs - 2007
    Port Orleans Riverside - 2008
    Caribbean Beach - 2009
    Pop Century- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Disney Dream - 2013
    Yacht Club 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The last time I cruised there were small bottles of shampoo, conditioner,body lotion and bar soap available in the bathroom. There was a blow dryer (found it in the vanity area). I never pack these items anymore. I do not require a certain brand and have found the H2O brand Disney supplies to be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, all provided, although depending on party size it may not enough. Not sure if they are supposed to provide more on request. I've found that sometimes they fill in any used items daily, sometimes not.

I always bring my own just in case...

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Your stateroom host/hostess will provide additional toiletries on request. And they replenish the supply every morning when they make up the room.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

FYI, the hairdryer is awful. It blows very weakly. If your hair is long or thick, bring your own. You will have to plug it in at the desk in the room, as the outlets in the bathrooms are only to be used for electric shavers (they are a very low current).

The bath products on the Cruise Line are H20 Plus SPA, which is, IMO, the best H2O Plus line out there. They use the Sea Marine Shampoo/Conditioner and the Sea Salt Body Wash and face soap bar.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    FYI, the hairdryer is awful. It blows very weakly. If your hair is long or thick, bring your own. You will have to plug it in at the desk in the room, as the outlets in the bathrooms are only to be used for electric shavers (they are a very low current).
    Nat, are you sure you plugged it into the correct outlet? The hair dryers are 220 volt models, and if they are plugged into a 110 volt outlet, they will run but not very well. They will only put out about half the heat and air flow they are designed for. On Dream, there is one round outlet labeled for use with the hair dryer. On Fantasy, the outlet was not marked.

The problem is that the hair dryer's prongs will fit in the regular 110 volt outlets. I can't help but wonder why they didn't equip the ships with standard US-style outlets and a plain 110 volt hair dryer.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Natalie. The hair dryer was very weak. I tried both outlets at desk. Both weak.
    The H2O products are awesome! Love them!!
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Nat, are you sure you plugged it into the correct outlet? The hair dryers are 220 volt models, and if they are plugged into a 110 volt outlet, they will run but not very well. They will only put out about half the heat and air flow they are designed for. On Dream, there is one round outlet labeled for use with the hair dryer. On Fantasy, the outlet was not marked.

The problem is that the hair dryer's prongs will fit in the regular 110 volt outlets. I can't help but wonder why they didn't equip the ships with standard US-style outlets and a plain 110 volt hair dryer.
    Ed, hair dryers vary by brand. You can have 5 different 220V hair dryers and they will all blow at a different intensity and have differing heat levels. Many of us ladies have difficult hair to dry, for whatever reason. My issue is my hair is VERY thick so I need a hair dryer that can blow hard enough to basically puff out my cheeks if I point it at my open mouth. I have never been impressed by a hairdryer that is provided in a hotel room. I ALWAYS have to bring my own with me.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone! Are h2o products used at the deluxe resorts? I think that is what we had at the Poly....if so, loved them! Are the hair dryers similar to those used in Pop?
    Off-site - 1984, 1988 (2)
    Disneyland - 1993
    All Star Movies - 1999
    All Star Music - 2002
    Polynesian - 2006
    Coronado Springs - 2007
    Port Orleans Riverside - 2008
    Caribbean Beach - 2009
    Pop Century- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Disney Dream - 2013
    Yacht Club 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwnutz View Post
    Thank you everyone! Are h2o products used at the deluxe resorts? I think that is what we had at the Poly....if so, loved them! Are the hair dryers similar to those used in Pop?
    The WDW resorts use H2O Plus Aquatics line. It's okay, but the Spa line of Sea Marine stuff is FABULOUS! The only two Disney resorts that use the Spa line are the Grand Floridian and Grand Californian at DLR.

The hair dryers are a regular brand (I want to say they are Conair) and they come in a bag. It's a full sized hairdryer, but it just doesn't work that well for my hair. I use a super powerful ion exchange hair dryer that would probably rocket around the room if I turned it on and let it go.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I never use the hairdryer in the stateroom. I go to deck 10 after my shower and have a cocktail. By the time I'm done, my hair is dry and I go downstairs and finish getting ready for the show and dinner !
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero