Quantcast Favorite Deluxe Experience - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Wilderness Lodge - Club level - deluxe room / Jr. Suite.... It doesn't get any better!
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC
    1974, 77, 83 & 1995 - Off site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, maybe we should try and swing club level

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I love all the deluxe resorts we have stayed in to date; however the Contemporary is my hands down favorite! The rooms are HUGE, the location is FABULOUS, and the view of MK...no words to express what it's like to wake up in the middle of the night and see Cinderella Castle!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    I am kind of leaning towards the Beach Club, I just like the look of their rooms. We really aren't interested in the pool though.
    My advice would be to skip the Beach Club. I've found it to be one of the worst for adults. The lobby always bustling with kids, kids running everywhere, kids screaming, no peaceful nooks for adults. My husband and I stayed here together and only found peace on the Yacht Club side. Though other posters would say differently and have different opinions, have had different experiences. During my stay, the lobby was chaos. And we do like to spend time in the resort, particularly in the lobby, and lounges, shops, restaurants.

If you're not into the pool, and not traveling with kids, maybe Yacht Club. Though my favorite is the Grand Floridian and that would be my choice with adults, especially a group of adult women. The lobby is open, sophisticated (if a little Victorian smaltzy), bright, never over-crowded, great shops. You can relax and hear yourself think. If it's cost-prohibitive, maybe Yacht Club if you can get a better deal, great location especially if you're more into World Showcase or DHS. But Beach Club, after my experience, is the first I would rule out for an adult vacation.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    I love all the deluxe resorts we have stayed in to date; however the Contemporary is my hands down favorite! The rooms are HUGE, the location is FABULOUS, and the view of MK...no words to express what it's like to wake up in the middle of the night and see Cinderella Castle!
    Can you only see the castle from the tower with Theme Park view?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    My advice would be to skip the Beach Club. I've found it to be one of the worst for adults. The lobby always bustling with kids, kids running everywhere, kids screaming, no peaceful nooks for adults. My husband and I stayed here together and only found peace on the Yacht Club side. Though other posters would say differently and have different opinions, have had different experiences. During my stay, the lobby was chaos. And we do like to spend time in the resort, particularly in the lobby, and lounges, shops, restaurants.

If you're not into the pool, and not traveling with kids, maybe Yacht Club. Though my favorite is the Grand Floridian and that would be my choice with adults, especially a group of adult women. The lobby is open, sophisticated (if a little Victorian smaltzy), bright, never over-crowded, great shops. You can relax and hear yourself think. If it's cost-prohibitive, maybe Yacht Club if you can get a better deal, great location especially if you're more into World Showcase or DHS. But Beach Club, after my experience, is the first I would rule out for an adult vacation.
    Would love to stay at GF just not sure if the price will be right....maybe a discount will come out when we finally narrow down dates

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Resort Stay

Our next trip will be the first time we pick a resort based on just the adult women in our family and I want it to be special. I was wondering what Deluxe resort experience has been your most memorable and favorite. We probably would stay garden or water view standard room. I love the look of the Beach Club and the GF (not sure if that's in my price range), they both look the most cozy and appealing to me. My mom doesn't like the looks of the Contemporary because she likes themed hotels but their rooms look nice too....we also are looking at AKL, if my sister goes we will have to get a suite and that resort's suites would be in our price range.
    I have to say the WL myself I just love the theme and so much to offer. I always wanted to stay at the Beach Club but it is way out of my price range. WL is so confy and relaxing and if you go during the Christmas Season just awsome.
    Hugpug

Have stayed at FW,ASM,POP,WL,CS,POR,POFQ,CB,POLY,Grovesnor,Offsit e over the years past. LOVED THEM ALL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJS-Houston View Post
    I've stayed in the Contemporary, Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodges...and while there's a lot to be said for being in a resort on the monorail system...our Arusha Savannah view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge was an amazing experience. Every time we'd go back to the room there was exotic wildlife right outside the window. We had a blast just sitting on our balcony enjoying watching and photographing the animals just below (and got LOTS of fantastic wildlife photos). Twilight was particularly amazing. HIGHLY recommended!
    I agree. AKL is unique. The other Deluxe resorts are wonderful, but if you like the African animals, AKL makes you feel like you are some place special.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at WL and we liked it but we want to try something different. I thought the decor at Beach Club was kind of feminine, really pretty. Yacht Club is nice but to me looks more masculine in decor. I'd really like to stay at GF at least once but we will have to go where we can afford. If we can't stay at a monorail resort my next choice would be within walking distance of Epcot.

Post Thanks / Like

The only deluxe we have roomed at is WL, and I have to stay it was really enjoyable. But I would have to say that my favorite singular "deluxe" experience was dining at California Grill one night several years ago with DW on our anniversary, even though we were not staying at the Contemporary Hotel. The food was great, the service was exemplary and the views of Wishes from the window by our table were fabulous. A night to remember! I wish we could afford to stay at one the the deluxe resorts on every trip, but we usually end up saving money by staying at values so we can go to WDW more frequently.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at all of the deluxe resorts except the Yacht Club. Our favorite is easily the Polynesian. The tiki torches at sunset, the relaxing atmosphere, the lush tropical landscaping, and the ease of the monorail make it the best deluxe experience IMHO. My second choice would be at the AKL with a pool view. I prefer the tropical landscape over the animals and you can see the animals from anywhere in the resort. The food alone at AKL make it a great experience. The Dolphin is our next favorite because of the value and view. You can actually get a suite for the same price as a standard room at the other resorts. The view is the best at WDW. The Contemporary view is fantastic and pure Disney with views of Bay Lake or Seven Seas Lagoon and the monorail gliding thru the lobby. The GF is very nice but not on our list of favorites. The Boardwalk is our least favorite. The Beach Club is great because of its close proximity to Epcot. The Yacht Club is very nice. We also enjoyed our stays at WL and it felt like we were a million miles away from the parks while at the resort. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the deluxe resorts.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Showed my mom resort pics....if its just the two of us I think we'll end up at Beach Club/if my sister goes it will probably end up being a one bedroom suite at one of the villas...AKL or Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

For adults only, we've done both the Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk. We loved both for different reasons. Loved the decor of the WL, the lobby, the spring that runs out back, and being so close to the MK. The Boardwalk was a little more sophisticated, within walking distance of Epcot, and the Boardwalk's nightlife and entertainment was a lot of fun. If you're thinking about the Beach Club, but are worried that there might be too many kids, maybe you should look at the Boardwalk.

We will be staying at Bay Lake Tower (not quite the Contemporary) next week, and the Beach Club (with our kids) over Labor Day weekend. Until then, I can't comment other than we're super excited!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Mom and I have discussed all options, looked at pictures and watched resort videos...we've decided it will be just the two of us (I've backed out of the trip with my sister and her friend's family). I just decided if I am going to be paying that much money I want to be in control of my vacation. So we won't be going until fall next year 2014 so that we can go during Food and Wine Festival and Halloween party so around Oct. 29-Nov. 4 something like that. We are super excited never been that time of year.

Oh yeah, we definitely feel the Beach Club is our pick for resorts....hoping I can save enough to get CL but will be haping with a garden view too.....thanks for all the advice

Post Thanks / Like

Have stayed at the GF the last few times and would not stay elsewhere. WL was OK but to many boat rides. Poly to many kids, BC to much hall walking, SSR to far. GF was quiet and easy to get to the MK. Not that much more to stay there then the other. Its your choice, can't take it with you.

Post Thanks / Like

...we've decided it will be just the two of us (I've backed out of the trip with my sister and her friend's family). I just decided if I am going to be paying that much money I want to be in control of my vacation.
    smart.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10