Quantcast FastPass Plus Testing has begun for Counter Service

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default FastPass Plus Testing has begun for Counter Service

Interesting! Heard from an acquaintance in the Magic Kingdom yesterday that her family was chosen to test the FastPass Plus system for counter service locations. She was given a card for Be Our Guest. From what she described, random families are given a card with instructions. Here's what she said:

1) Log onto the website they give you and enter the ID pin number on the card
    2) Select a time window (I don't know what the intervals are, but I'd guess half hours?) and select your meals.
    3) Bring the card to Guest Services (I don't know why, and I didn't think to ask. Perhaps to activate it? Pick up FastPass tickets? Will have to ask later)
    4) When the time window comes up, it works just like FastPass for attractions. She said there is a FastPass entrance at Be Our Guest.

She said they got to bypass the long line, get a table and their food was brought out quickly. I don't know any more than that, so hopefully others will be able to chime in if they have also been selected to test the new system. No one in her party wanted to change their selections so I don't know how that may work if you order in the morning and then want to make an adjustment or even cancel. I also don't know if they were on DDP or when they had to pay. I'll try to ask her when she comes back next week, I didn't want to bother her with minutiae on her vacation.

We've known this was on the horizon for some time now, but with this it all seems more and more real. I have ambiguous feelings about it until I can see it for myself.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    1) Log onto the website they give you and enter the ID pin number on the card
    2) Select a time window (I don't know what the intervals are, but I'd guess half hours?) and select your meals.
    3) Bring the card to Guest Services (I don't know why, and I didn't think to ask. Perhaps to activate it? Pick up FastPass tickets? Will have to ask later)
    4) When the time window comes up, it works just like FastPass for attractions. She said there is a FastPass entrance at Be Our Guest.
    Exhausting!

Post Thanks / Like

Fast pass for counter serve meals? Next we will need adr's 180 days out....
    -- .. -.-. -.- . --.- -- --- ..-- ... .

83' off property
    00' OKW
    06' 09' AS Sport
    13' Contemporary
    15' POP
    18' POP

The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they know and then stop... Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed that all these FP "improvements" prove to be unpopular and they'll just leave everything as it is. I'm fine w/ the current FP system, in regards to the rides. As for eating? I'll predict right now that I'll never use it. Sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen.
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Like it's not bad enough we plan some days around our TS meals. I can't imagine being on a schedule for all meals every day. We like being able to have our QS meals when we are actually hungry and not work our day around yet another scheduled meal.

Ugh, I agree with whoever said "Exhausting". Seems like way to much trouble for a meal that should be quick and easy. I don't see us every using this either.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

So you pick your meals ahead of time then when you show up and they scan the card they start making your food without you ordering it from someone?
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    So you pick your meals ahead of time then when you show up and they scan the card they start making your food without you ordering it from someone?
    I didnt get that from the post but you know that wouldn't be a bad idea (like the deli computers at supermarkets) would make life easier then waiting in line behind people who just stand in line and don't know what they want....
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

Guess that's what can to my mind when I read,

Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    Essentially. In practice it's unclear weather you can order from home in advance (like scheduling an ADR for counter service plus ordering food) or if it's only when you get to the park.

Let's keep in mind this is only a test...
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Guess the CS part wouldn't for me since I don't even know what I feel like eating on the day I'm at a Park, let alone what CS place we may want to go too. Unless you don't choose this stuff until your at a Park

Post Thanks / Like

Some day when you walk into your resort they will hand you your itinerary for your entire stay complete with your scheduled ride times, meal times, maybe even potty breaks. Sounds like a George Orwell novel yuck!
    -- .. -.-. -.- . --.- -- --- ..-- ... .

83' off property
    00' OKW
    06' 09' AS Sport
    13' Contemporary
    15' POP
    18' POP

The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they know and then stop... Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I need a nap just reading all those steps! I wouldn't even want to test that, much less have to actually work that way all of the time. Too much work...
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Eventually if you don't have your CS fast passes in place you'll be stuck with limited choices for lunch, like you are now if you don't have your ADRs in place 180 days out.

I'm still open to giving this Fastpass+ a try but if after one or two trips it has diminished my experience, I will most likely be selling my DVC and trying new vacations yearly.
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

As I mentioned in another thread where there was a great deal of teeth knashing and wringing of hands over the new fast pass. Lets remember a couple of things.

1) Nothing is final and it is still in testing mode.
    2) No one will force you to do it.
    3) You are always the master of your wallet no one will force you to spend 1 cent at Disney
    4) There have been many changes over the years. Many of the changes that you or someone else loved someone else hated just as much and visa versa. There are enough things at Disney for everyone to have fun
    5) Relax you are at Disney! Have fun! Speaking from personal experience my worst day at Disney is still better than my best day at work

Keep calm and carry on

Post Thanks / Like

Next is Fastpass for bathrooms.

Family Trips (I was very young):
    80's - 90's Grand Floridian; Polynesian

May 2001 - All Star Sports
    2009; 2010; 2012; 2013 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Exhausting!
    Yes - my thoughts exactly! Seems like way too much work for a "quick" CS meal. We like to eat spontaneously while in the parks.

If this is how CS meals have to be used for FP+, I can see myself eating more meals in the room, packing a sandwich for lunch, or eating by the pool back at the resort...

Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. It is definitely not something I would want to do but I some people are really regimented about when they eat and it might work for them. For me me I like to avoid a big rush at meals but there are days at MK where everyone seems to want to eat lunch between 11:30 and 1. I suppose if eating at 12 is really important to you, this will make you very happy.

What I find interesting is all the different places they plan on rolling out Fast Pass+. We knew they planned on ride, parades,shows and firework viewings. Now we have CS.

If the rumors are true and people will be given 3 fast passes + for the day (or even if they add a few more), it will be interesting to see how people use their allotment. I think we all assume that everyone would use them the way "we" would use them and we tend to think of the rides. Now I could see a family with young kids deciding to use 3 on Peter Pan, a lunch at 12 and reserved seating at the early parade.

I'm not saying it is good or bad because I really don't know. Just interesting.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

If this does happen, it may be impossible to even get into some popular spots like BOG for CS. We all know how hard it is to get a dinner ADR there, now this. I don't get it.

We generally do one ADR a day. That is hard enough to plan ahead. Too much planning for me.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

I can almost guarantee that this sort of thing will only be same day meals. There is NO way they are going to staff CS locations and premake meals based on the "X" number of people who ordered meals from home for any random day 6 months ago. I bet you will only be able to do this while you are INSIDE the park you want to order from, and probably can only order meals a couple hours (at most) in advance. I look at this like any other "take out" places that you can do online ordering from. I can use an app on my phone to order a burrito from Chipotle, but I can't place an order that I want to pick up tomorrow.

I assume once this is live and functional, it will be a matter of simply using a smart phone to "order online" from a selection of CS locations geographically near your current location.

Honestly, this sounds great to me. I always know what I want to order and the worst part of eating CS (for me) is the waiting in line to order, then waiting at the counter for the food. People are so disorganized in these situations and it stresses me out. I'd love to just place my order, walk up to a counter, pay and get my food all at once.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I like doing ADRs but to pick your food too?? I like planning but this is getting to be much. How do you know that they'll still have the item and that you'll want to eat it? I'm not knocking the idea or the concept but this seems a little over planned.

Family Trips (I was very young):
    80's - 90's Grand Floridian; Polynesian

May 2001 - All Star Sports
    2009; 2010; 2012; 2013 - All Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: