Quantcast Never ever again!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

DAS does seem to attract families with irresponsible parents, as though there is a correlation between income strata and parenting skills.

I'm not a snob, especially since we usually stay there, but it does seem to happen. With us, it's always the traveling sports tweens running amok, while their oblivious parents imbibe at Team Spirits.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have asked to change resorts to POP or to a moderate (if it was ok financially). You can move to another resort. We were there the same week at Riverside. Don't put up with this nonsense. You are paying for your vacation. I know POP was available. Riverside was full. It is your money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvtink View Post
    We have stayed at values on numerous occasions, and never had a problem. Actually, I prefer of the family feel and the theming it has over the other resorts, which tend to just be like Marriots to me. I want to feel like I am in Disney. I was not a big fan of the Contemporary, and I actually hated our stay at Saratoga Springs. I do love Port Orleans, but like I said, no real problems with the values. You say a two year old was screaming. As in crying? I would have to defend those parents if the child were crying. Two year olds tend to do that. Who knows if the child were sick or something. Now if they were just outside playing and screaming and yelling, that is rude and I would call the desk and ask them to send someone out to deal with it. I guess if you are just two adults and you like quiet, the values probably aren't a good choice. Go to Saratoga Springs. I never saw another person, and we were so far from the main building, it was ridiculous. Believe it or not, I told them to send me to a value, which they did. I enjoyed it much better. I guess we all have a different perspective of what is a good resort.
    Agree 100%W with every single word you have written. I have to be honest. There are times when I hear so much complaining about Disney on this site and I have to ask myself why do people keep going back then? And wow, compared to "regular" hotels, even the Values at Disney are AMAZING IMHO.
    And personally I think $100-150 per night for a room is actually expensive and I feel very blessed when I can do that for my family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Springs View Post
    DAS does seem to attract families with irresponsible parents, as though there is a correlation between income strata and parenting skills.

I'm not a snob, especially since we usually stay there, but it does seem to happen. With us, it's always the traveling sports tweens running amok, while their oblivious parents imbibe at Team Spirits.
    I have to be honest, the "but" in your post negates you comment(s) before. I find it sad that you think income=bad parenting. Let me say that I know a wide range of people from literal millionaires to poverty stricken and there are equal amounts of parents who don't do everything like we think they should [aka: bad parents] and those that are amazing.

Maybe I should I apologize for our family? My husband and I work full time, are well educated, both with university degrees and I hold a Master's. Yet for the cold hard money, we make a combined income yearly of $30-35K. And I research about every aspect of my parenting. And guess what? There are days where my sons are off the chain, especially the one with Autism, and there are days they are perfect angels.
    It's sad I would be judged because of a Disney Resort I would stay in and the income we make.

**shrug**
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: