Quantcast First time trip report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time trip report

Ok, I cannot remember everything we did by the moment like some expert trip reporter..lol, but I will give it a shot. I just got back yesterday (7th) from a 4 day vacation with my DS. Here are a few highlights of the trip.

CHECK IN: two minutes no lie, we checked in on line the day before and when I walked up to the counter. I was asked my last name and in two minutes they handed me a packed with room key and info and we were on our way. Love that option. Also I did glance over at the counters when we would leave the building and I never saw a line with more than two or three families waiting..

RESORT: AWSOME!!! I would recommend everyone stay here at least once. The rooms were great. Very bright and clean. Also I don't know if it was because we were on the fourth floor or what, but we didn't hear any toilets flushing in the early morning..lol they drive me crazy when we stay at the All-Stars. The grounds were very well kept. Each building was decorated really nice to go with the theme.

FOOD COURT: was just ok nothing to brag about. It was very weak in the choices, but we only ate there once so it didn’t matter to us. We also did Chef Mickey's for Dinner and I don’t think I would do it again. It was ok the food was average. I think I like the breakfast better. Why are the resort mugs “Disney Paris” not AOA?

STORE: was nice same as all the other stores, so that was good.

BUSSES: good over all they came quick enough and the drivers were always very nice and friendly. I love that the bus had an automated recording of where we were headed and what to expect. Also they would announce if there were any Princesses or birthdays on board. It was so cute when they said a princess was traveling with us and the little girls face was light up with joy..too cute.

PARKS, HOT HOT HOT!!!! Now I remember why we NEVER go in the summer. It was just too hot to even enjoy the day. I felt so bad for all the kids and adults as well that were trying to get everything done in a day. Too much. The 4th fireworks awesome as always... loved it

WEATHER: HOT HOT HOT AND EVEN HOTTER!!! With little rain so that was good, but then it would get so hot and sticky with no breeze what so ever. I live here and I’m used to doing things outside in the summer, but this was just too much.. Who ever told me about the ponchos, thank you everytime I carried the ponchos it didn't rain

SHOPPING, we hit DTD once at night and then again the next morning before leaving. That place is just too packed. So we get in and get out fast. Found parking up front both times so that was good. If not we would have just left..

I would like to say as a married, mother of three on this trip alone with my DS I did do more people watching of families and couples. I have to say when watching families interact with each other (husbands and wives) I did notice they never really looked like they were having fun. THIS IS MY OPIONON they always looked like they were in a rush to get things done. ALWAYS (sorry) barking orders at each other. Trust me I know Disney can be stressful with small kids that want to keep going or are having a meltdown, but it was strange looking in this time. I was wondering do DH and I look like this when we are there. I’m not saying they have to be all over each other, but I think you all know what I mean. As you passed them walking to the rooms no one was laughing/joking or even talking to each other. It would be one parent in the front with one kid(s) and the other walking further back with the other kid(s) Unless there were more than one couple walking then you would hear them laughing and joking. When it came to the kid’s yes they would be having fun, but interacting to each other NO!! The only people I really saw smiling and laughing were the grandparents. The older people always seemed happier. Sorry to go on about it, but it’s something I noticed at different times and wanted to share. I know we all have fun, but maybe we need to show it to our DH/DW while we are there.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Which resort did you stay?

I know the heat can add to the stress too! We were in DC this time last year and it was HOT!!!! I saw my kids get on each other as we were walking and it got hotter.
    Last edited by Kenny1113; 07-08-2013 at 01:19 PM. Reason: for got to add...
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We were at Art of Animation great resort. I hope to stay again with the rest of the family.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you and DS4 had a nice trip and you didn't get the rain we had the torrential rain we had earlier in the week. Although, without it the heat can be unbearable.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you were happy with AOA! It's one of my son's favorite resorts.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Great first time trip report - thank you for sharing!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your trip. I have never been to WDW in the summer and don't think I would enjoy it much...too hot!
    I have done some people watching/observation and feel really bad for families that have way too high expectations for their vacations (WDW or elsewhere). There is often too much emphasis on "go go go...see see see...gotta do it all" rather than just relaxing and enjoying your vacation and your family. I think the heat adds a level of stress to the mix as well.
    I am glad you had fun with your DS.

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report! Thanks for posting it!

Interesting observations. I feel lucky that I've been able to visit often enough that we can be much more relaxed in how we approach the parks and the attractions. Disney World can be quite stressful for those who have never visited before or who have visited quite infrequently. There seems to be so much pressure to have a wonderful time that the opposite may happen!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

That was a great report!

I had a really interesting conversation with a CM after noting some 'unhappy' vacation folks. He said that he noticed a note of "desperation" vacationing with a lot of families. He thought it stemmed from people trying to force the fun because they had stretched their finances to the limit to get there and then probably realized that there was no way they could see and do everything they wanted to. We, and he, had commented on the noticeable amount of folks that would melt down over the most minor things or were running their vacation like a military operation. It was alittle sad that they didn't seem to be able to adjust their expectations and enjoy the time they had.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks for the report!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I have also seen people who appear unhappy which is sad considering its such a happy place! Trying to do it all and pushing kids beyond their limits seems to be at the core of the issue to me.

I always remind people heading there to remember WDW is not going anywhere and you can see next time what you miss on this trip!

Post Thanks / Like

So sad that there were so many unhappy people! I don't know how to be unhappy there, because perspective is definitely everything!

Sounds like you had a great trip!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: