Quantcast Brazilian groups and summer crowd level - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvtink View Post
    My question is, does Disney market deals to these groups? It seems to me, if they are causing security and cast members so much more work, the solution would be to not make offers to huge groups. Just a thought.
    If it's in their financial interest (it is) they will continue to do it.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    So, someone in my family tonight commented that Disney World is now way off from Walt's vision in that he set out to create a place for FAMILIES to have fun & quality time - not for huge tour groups without their parents to parade around.... This observation was made as we just heard Walt say it himself (One Man's Dream).

Thoughts?
    Sometimes I think people treat take what Walt said at the inception of Disneyland 58 years ago a little too religiously. True, having a place that a daddy could bring his young daughters was the inspiration for the park. But he was first and foremost a business man and his goal was to see the park succeed and grow. Otherwise he never would have decided to pursue a second park in Florida. He saw there was a market for it, came across the land and it all grew from there.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    Here is my suggestion:
    For all youth groups - Brazilian, American, Cheerleading, etc - Disney should have a rule requiring that there be one adult present for every eight kids.

There simply need to be more adults and chaperones who understood like she did that they were being annoying to others. If Disney made some sort of rule requiring more adult supervision, I think it could help - and Disney would sell even more tickets which is what they care about in the first place. These groups are not going to stop coming - so there is no danger for Disney to require more adults come with them.
    See, I think there is some question about that. If Disney were to require the tour companies to have a higher chaperone to teen ratio, the tour companies would pass that cost along to the parents of the kids. Because (from what I understand) these tours are very inexpensive right now, any increase could cause a drop in sales. That said, there's no reason for the company to totally sacrifice guest experience for the sake of revenue, not when their reputation is on the line. That could hurt the company in the long run. I think TPTB have to decide whether they want to be the Bloomingdale's or the Walmart of the theme park market, or somewhere in between.

I usually oppose broad generalizations being applied to a group of people here on the boards and I still do, in theory. Trouble is, so many people have the same negative experiences with the large tour groups (myself included) these days that it's hard to see the exceptions. I'm sure they're still out there, but very hard to see and rally behind.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I just returned from Disney yesterday, and I really didn't notice too many problems with crowds or groups. I did see a group dressed in light green shirts, but they weren't loud at all. In fantasytland I did here some clapping and chanting, but it was nothing like I had experienced in the past. Hopefully, Disney has addressed this issue and it won't be a problem anymore.
    *A dream is a wish your heart makes*

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: