Quantcast Incredible, just incredible.....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

We actually find Disney to be one of the most reasonable vacation values we can find. I always go off peak and stay at value resorts with the free dining. Four people, 8 days, room, park tickets, and dining for under $2000. I can't get that at a local lake and by the time you pay for all your activities and food, you have spent way more. I guess if you only stay at deluxe resorts, than yes, it is expensive, but we are park people and all we need is a bed. I can go every year by staying at the values and going off peak.
    Formerly luvinmesomedisney. Someone in the family turned off my "remember me" button and I forgot ME. Forgot my password so had to use a different name.

Opus X Guest

I have always received and used a discount at a WDW resort.
    As for the price. Its a moot point. We love Disney.
    If I have to...i'll work overtime to be able to afford it.
    But we stay at a value if we have to...or a Mod.
    It all depends on how much monies we have allocated.
    We also don't use parkhoppers...that saves more money for the park or resort.
    But in any case..I have never paid rack rate.
    P.S. check hotel prices in Vegas of late....or NYC WDW/DLR is a bargain!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree...
    We moved to Germany in 2010 and always include a trip to Disney in our trips back to the states we take every few years.

Since we were going for two weeks we decided we could not afford two weeks at a Disney Resort. We rented a condo at Windsor Hills for less than $75 per night. It was clean and very close to the MK. They had a huge pool and it was amazing. Even with a discount you could not get two rooms at a value for that price.

We spent the following week at AoA. What a mistake. The beds at AoA were uncomfortable and the linens were terrible and itchy. The pool and the food court were crowded.

I am working on a budget for our next trip. We can stay at the condo, buy ten day passes with the Water Parks and more options. We plan on using ten days at the parks and four days at the water parks for a total of 14 days. Even with a car rental it's cheaper than one week at a value resort.

I also priced out a three week stay with an annual pass purchase, staying off property. It was only $500 more for three weeks vs. one week on property in a family suite or a cabin at Ft. Wilderness.

I don't buy into the fact that it is "less magical" to stay off property. There isn't anything magical about overpaying for a room that is about the same quality as a motel six but with Mickey shampoo.

I would possibly stay on property if I was one my own or only needed a standard room but for now it's off property for us.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

4. Likes angyl15 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Disney is a little different in that the free flowing traffic allows you to explore and enjoy all of the deluxe properties without staying there. You can enjoy their restaurants, recreational offerings, and just the structures themselves sometimes like WL, GF, AKL etc.

At the end of the day, your room is just a place to shower, nap, and sleep. I think the value and moderate offerings aren't terrible and you are immersed a bit in the World if that is something that is "must" do.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: