Quantcast The Facts*: FP+, MDE, MagicBand, NexGen (*as I see them!) - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ltmoko View Post
    I am staying on my DVC points. I have 5 day PH I am going to upgrade when I arrive. Thats why I did not link my passes yet!
    Did you book a dining plan with you Points reservation?

If no dining plan was booked then you may have just won the Lake Buena Vista town raffle for this year!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 21 day

There are 21 day ticket options abroad, correct?
    That may be why the FT+ is that way.
    However there are annual passes so ??
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

No dining plan!!! Maybe I got lucky!
    Oct.99 - Poly (Honeymoon)
    Sept.00 - CS
    Dec.02 - POFQ
    Apr.05 - AKL
    Oct.05 - POR
    Nov.07 - WL
    Oct.09 - CBR moved to POR(10 yr Anniversary)
    Nov 2013 AKV Kadani, 1st DVC Stay!
    Oct 2014 VWL (15 Yr Anniversary)
    Dec 2016 AKV Kadani
    Oct 2017 AKV Kadani Savanna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    Then your GFs tickets will simply remain inactivated and her FP+ selections will simply go unused. I suspect that you could "unlink" her tickets from your MDE account and free up her FP+ reservations for someone else to use, but I am not sure of the details about that part. Maybe the MDE site allows you to cancel all FP+ reservations for only one ticket?

Either way, you will not lose her tickets or your FP+ reservations as long as you make sure you use the ticket designated for YOU on the MDE website for YOUR admission to the park (do not get yours and hers switched).
    I didn't link the tickets yet til I knew for sure. looks like she wont b going cause then she would have to give up chance at ft job where she is working pt. so I have to see if im going still or what.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

well she is not going. and the MagicBands are about to ship. So now I guess I will get my band and lick ticket to it, then if my friend goes will have to get one at the resort. the next question will be booking the FP+ since only one of us will have the bands ahead of time.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

So is everyone who is staying at a Disney resort from this date on going to get the invite to do the magic bands? Or is it still in test mode? We are going in Dec and I got the email invite, so we are all signed up. Just curious if everyone is getting these, or just a test group.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LVT View Post
    There are 21 day ticket options abroad, correct?
    That may be why the FT+ is that way.
    However there are annual passes so ??
    I am really hoping an AP holder with a resort reservation booked for the next 60 days will post how far beyond their checkout day are they allowed to book FP+ reservations for. Since they are not limited by a set number of days on a park pass I assume there is a limit, or there is a giant loop hole!

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
    So is everyone who is staying at a Disney resort from this date on going to get the invite to do the magic bands? Or is it still in test mode? We are going in Dec and I got the email invite, so we are all signed up. Just curious if everyone is getting these, or just a test group.
    Only the Enchanted Tiki Gods know for sure!

It was reported that Disney resorts were ending the old style KTTK cards (and original paper Fastpasses) on October 27. One would assume that means everyone will have a band in its place, and everyone will have access to FP+ reservations.

Apparently everyone at WDW right now must be spending all of their Internet time making FP reservations, as nobody has yet to post confirmation of the October 27 conversion.

My guess, testing will continue into December with 95% of guests participating, and Disney will keep both FP and FP+ going at the same time through all of 2013. At least that what a bus driver told me!

18 Oct ASMv
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Thanks for putting this together. Great info!

I just have to ask, though ... did anyone besides me look at the length and complexity of that post and just think to themselves, "This is a vacation. Nothing should take that much effort to explain on a vacation."
    Just got back from the most stressful Disney vacation I have ever had. ALL fast passes for every ride at Hollywood Studios and EPCOT were gone by 10 in the morning, if not sooner.... We had our annual passes (paper) and had to wait everyday for someone to pull us aside after waiting in line and then show a picture ID! No immediate plans to return to Disney until this mess is sorted out. The days of getting a fast pass after arriving at the parks is gone. You must now plan what park you are going to, where and what time you want to eat, what rides and what time you want to do them, what parades you want to see......next up how many times you want to use their restrooms and the exact locations you want to use.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Just got back from the most stressful Disney vacation I have ever had. ALL fast passes for every ride at Hollywood Studios and EPCOT were gone by 10 in the morning, if not sooner.... We had our annual passes (paper) and had to wait everyday for someone to pull us aside after waiting in line and then show a picture ID! No immediate plans to return to Disney until this mess is sorted out. The days of getting a fast pass after arriving at the parks is gone. You must now plan what park you are going to, where and what time you want to eat, what rides and what time you want to do them, what parades you want to see......next up how many times you want to use their restrooms and the exact locations you want to use.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

got my magicband. but I don't want to make FP+ in case I change resort reservations. and til I see who is going.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

now if I wait to link my ticket til I get there, how likely is it that I will get FP. I may use a discounted military pass instead of the ones I ordered. and the other person may buy a Fl resident annual pass. I would still like to be able to get other fastpasses too if they are available. and I don't plan my days down to what time im gonna be at what ride.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

Two weeks ago there were no fast passes after 9:30 / 10:00 at Disney Studios (sunday) and EPCOT (monday).

AP holders could NOT get fast passes in advance at that point.

Don't count on getting them that day.

We were able to get them at the Magic Kingdom.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    now if I wait to link my ticket til I get there, how likely is it that I will get FP. I may use a discounted military pass instead of the ones I ordered. and the other person may buy a Fl resident annual pass. I would still like to be able to get other fastpasses too if they are available. and I don't plan my days down to what time im gonna be at what ride.
    I was hesitant to purchase my tix in advance as well I finally did it as it looks like everything is set. I booked FP+ with 10days left before trip, lots of times available for rides. The only things gone were the preferred viewing locations for fireworks and parade (at MK).

Hopefully some one who has experienced day of will reply. If not I will check day of, when we get there and report back.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

so I may start booking FP+ but my friend may get a military pass when we get there..and then hopefully link it, but what if no FP selections are available at that point.
    I am staying at 3 diff resorts, received 2 sets of magicbands....so I guess I have to take both of them...idk
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't purchased our MYW tickets yet because I'm waiting to see if any packages come out for the beginning of June. If no packages come out, I should make sure I purchase the MYW tickets prior to 60 days out, link them to MDE, so that at the 60 day mark, I can make my FP+ requests. Is that correct? I want to make sure we pick our FP's as soon as we can so that we get the ones we want.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

It's been 2 years since we were at WDW & here I am planning our trip for next October. So far, I have a headache from reading all about the new MBs and FB+ system. Thank goodness I have time to figure it all out & hopefully by next fall WDW will have worked out the kinks as well.

It certainly isn't as enticing having to think so much about what I'll be doing from day to day so far in advance.
    Christie

September 2007 - Pop Century

September 2009 - ASMu

September 17-24, 2011 - Off Property
    October 2014 - ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dream'nDisney View Post
    I haven't purchased our MYW tickets yet because I'm waiting to see if any packages come out for the beginning of June. If no packages come out, I should make sure I purchase the MYW tickets prior to 60 days out, link them to MDE, so that at the 60 day mark, I can make my FP+ requests. Is that correct? I want to make sure we pick our FP's as soon as we can so that we get the ones we want.
    Yes, you will need to have tickets purchased and linked by the 60-day mark, but remember that you must also be staying on Disney property and have your resort reservation linked on MDE as well.

18 Oct ASMv
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    Yes, you will need to have tickets purchased and linked by the 60-day mark, but remember that you must also be staying on Disney property and have your resort reservation linked on MDE as well.
    Thanks. I already have our resort reservations linked and each person linked so I just need link the tickets once I buy them. Thanks
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    While I feel for you and the changes this system forces you to make in your style of touring, I think the majority of Disney visitors will take kindly to knowing in advance they don't have to be at the gates at rope drop to ride TSM. They don't have to send a runner from one end of the park to the other for Expedition Everest and the Safari. Under the new system, I can get breakfast at 9:30, get to Epcot at 11 and ride Soarin at 11:30. To me, that is so much more laid back than the race to the FP kiosk. In the end, we will all adjust to the planning involved, just like we all plan around high crowd levels, room discounts and free dining.

I know people who have reservations to go to Disney who never heard of a fast pass. They don't realize you need to make a reservation for CRT 180 days in advance...if your lucky enough to get through. They don't know what the dining plan is and are shocked when they get a bill for $200 for a family of four (plus tip) when they have character breakfast at Cape May Café. (provided they could even get in without a reservation) Disney is complicated. If you don't know your way around, you in deep doo doo.

This is new. We'll all adjust and Disney will adjust. They have already postponed the full roll out due to guest input. Changes will be made. Things will improve and in the end Walt Disney World will again be The Happiest Place on Earth.

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: