Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bus Driver View Post
Just one more thought if they want me to spend more time shopping then put things in the store that are unique to that store or park. Also better quality and lower prices. I won't spend $22+ for a tee-shirt that I can get at Wal-mart for $5. I own 2 hats that can be worn just about anywhere but both are Disney hats and I love them got them years ago and still like to wear them on trips. But on my last few trips I couldn't find anything worth while for the prices they were asking. From what I saw most people weren't buying anything either. Good customer service is giving the customer what they want and then charging them for it. Making every customer feel special so then don't mind parting with their hard earned money. I don't see why this is such a difficult concept for the Big-wigs at Disney to get, they used to understand it. Sorry about the rant but wanted to get a few things off my chest.
Ditto! I have stopped purchasing merchandise as well. It all seems like cheap junk I can get anywhere, and very little I would use while not on a WDW vacation.