Quantcast Beach Club First Timer

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Club First Timer

As you can see from my a signature line below I have gone to WDW quite a few times over the years and generally stay at POFQ (but have stayed at other locations as well). I will be with my 17 year old son for our annual Spring Break Trip in late March / early April. Any tips / hints / suggestions for first timers staying at Beach Club? I booked a Garden View room but not sure the difference over the standard view. Also will we get a balcony? How is the bus service to MK / AK / DTD?
    POR 3/2006
    GF 12/2010
    CSR 3/2011
    DLH 6/2012, 6/2013
    POFQ 3/2007, 4/2008, 12/2008, 3/2010, 10/2011, 4/2013, 3/2015, 5/2017
    BC 3/2014
    AKL 9/2015, 5/2018
    BW 9/2017

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The bus service is horrible because the buses are shared with 3-4 other resorts. Buses at BC/YC/Boardwalk are, I think, the worst on property.

But, I do love the resort. Great themeing and beautiful rooms. We walk to DHS and Epcot. Definitely take time to play in the pool area. It's great fun. And Beaches & Cream is an awesome place for a snack or quick meal.

As for your balcony, some rooms have them and some don't. They might have a mini-balcony, but not a full one. I'm honestly not sure if garden view rooms are guaranteed a balcony or not. As I looked around at the views there I just didn't find the upcharge worth it. All the views are pretty nice.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    The bus service is horrible because the buses are shared with 3-4 other resorts. Buses at BC/YC/Boardwalk are, I think, the worst on property.

But, I do love the resort. Great themeing and beautiful rooms. We walk to DHS and Epcot. Definitely take time to play in the pool area. It's great fun. And Beaches & Cream is an awesome place for a snack or quick meal.

As for your balcony, some rooms have them and some don't. They might have a mini-balcony, but not a full one. I'm honestly not sure if garden view rooms are guaranteed a balcony or not. As I looked around at the views there I just didn't find the upcharge worth it. All the views are pretty nice.
    This exactly. View wise I wouldn't waste any money on it personally. All the views are pretty nice, this trip we were facing the back of the building over looking the road and the dumpster were to the right of our balcony and even that wasn't a big deal because it was cornered off by trees, bushes and a white fence lol. If you want to gaurantee a nice view than request a garden view but I personally wouldn't waste our points on it.

As far as the buses go, this trip Beach Club had it's own bus a few times, I am not sure if it is because the Beach Club was sold out so much so that they were overbooked by 120 guests that they had to call and tell them they had to stay at a value....yes true story, coming from a couple that got that call and basically told Disney to pound sand because they owed her that room...long story I will post in my trip report eventually. But anyway, back on track, buses were pretty frequent, we never waited longer than about 10 minutes for our bus. However when they do share buses it can be a pain.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

We are frequent Beach Club vacationers and wanted to point out that the buses in the summer months service only the Yacht and Beach Club resorts. Service is typically very good.
    Jeff T.
    July 2021 - Yacht Club Resort
    2018, 15, 14, 12, 11, 10 - Wilderness Lodge Resort
    2017, 13, 09, 08, 07, 06, 05, 04, 03 - Beach Club Resort
    2002, 1996 - Grand Floridian Resort
    2019, 01 - Boardwalk Resort
    2016, 00 - Yacht Club Resort
    1995 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    1994 - Port Orleans Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at the Beach Club and Yacht Club at the end of May, beginning of June and August. All times, the buses went from Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC and BW. Sometimes in reverse order, but always stopped at each.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff T View Post
    We are frequent Beach Club vacationers and wanted to point out that the buses in the summer months service only the Yacht and Beach Club resorts. Service is typically very good.
    I was there this summer and that certainly was NOT the case. The bus service was horrible. It shares with the YC and the swan and the dolphin and BC is the last stop all the way around. The bus service is the reason I would not go back.

Otherwise the resort is great. Nice staff, food is ok and the pool is very nice. The walk to Epcot is not bad and we walked from DHS once or twice when the buses were MIA or just so crowded they didn't stop. The boardwalk across the way is nice at night lots to do and see.
    We had a garden view booked but were upgraded to club water view and it was outstanding! We had a full balcony. The rooms are ice cold, I mean really cold. But in August we didn't complain.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    I was there this summer and that certainly was NOT the case. The bus service was horrible. It shares with the YC and the swan and the dolphin and BC is the last stop all the way around. The bus service is the reason I would not go back.

Otherwise the resort is great. Nice staff, food is ok and the pool is very nice. The walk to Epcot is not bad and we walked from DHS once or twice when the buses were MIA or just so crowded they didn't stop. The boardwalk across the way is nice at night lots to do and see.
    We had a garden view booked but were upgraded to club water view and it was outstanding! We had a full balcony. The rooms are ice cold, I mean really cold. But in August we didn't complain.
    I was curious, when you say you walked to DHS when the buses were Mia, etc., were you waiting for a bus to DHS? Or were you saying you were waiting on a bus to say MK, it never showed and then you decided to go to DHS? I ask because there are no buses to DHS from beach club. I've heard and seen many people think there were, so I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be staying here for the first time later this year. We've been wanting to try Beach Club for years now!

We are booking a garden view room as well. Trying to learn the lay of the land and what types of rooms/balconies are available.

Would die if we got an upgrade to Club level. We got upgraded from garden view to Sugarloaf club level one time (13 day trip), and it was ah-mazing!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    I was curious, when you say you walked to DHS when the buses were Mia, etc., were you waiting for a bus to DHS? Or were you saying you were waiting on a bus to say MK, it never showed and then you decided to go to DHS? I ask because there are no buses to DHS from beach club. I've heard and seen many people think there were, so I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't.
    lol ...No when the bus for MK did not come for over an hour since each time it made the circuit it was full and therefore did not stop at BC , then we walked over to DHS. We know there is no bus but honestly the transportation at BC was not good. There was a CM at the bus stop making calls and doing all he could to help.
    We liked the BC very much but the transportation was the worst we ever experienced at any resort. For this reason alone we decided we would probably not stay there again,Unless we were doing an EPCOT only trip.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    lol ...No when the bus for MK did not come for over an hour since each time it made the circuit it was full and therefore did not stop at BC , then we walked over to DHS. We know there is no bus but honestly the transportation at BC was not good. There was a CM at the bus stop making calls and doing all he could to help.
    We liked the BC very much but the transportation was the worst we ever experienced at any resort. For this reason alone we decided we would probably not stay there again,Unless we were doing an EPCOT only trip.
    Oh okay! Phew, just making sure lol. We were in the hit tub one night at the boardwalk and a guy told us he waited for two hours for a bus to DHS and it never showed up, we were like ummm that's because there isn't one! Lol he was completely bewildered lol

And yes, I agree, the bus transportation can be pretty cruddy..
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

BC is hands-down my favorite resort (as you can see from my signature)! I've never had issues with the buses but we usually try to go at "off season" times. The only week we really waited for buses to and from, was during July 4th week but that is to be expected. One time the bus was crowded and running slow on the way back to the resort so DH & I got off at the Dolphin and walked over to BC. It's not that far.

As for a balcony/garden view... I wouldn't personally pay to upgrade but it depends on how much time you spend in your room or on the balcony. In January we had a corner room with a HUGE balcony facing the quiet pool in the villas and it was nice . However, we maybe only spent a total of 10 minutes out on it so it's all relative...

ENJOY!
    steph
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

If you are wanting a full balcony, I would make that my first request on my reservation if I were you. We were fortunate enough to get one when we stayed there, and it was great, especially when traveling with teenagers (who like to sleep in). I feel that having a full balcony is like having an extension to your room. My DH and I always get up earlier than the kids and sit out there enjoying a cup of coffee after our shower while the kids get a little more sleep.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buses

Can't comment on the room views since we have only stayed at the villas, but I can say this is a gorgeous resort and a great location.
    We always take the boat to DHS; they stop at Swan & Dolphin on the way there, but it is still a fairly quick trip and a pleasant ride. On the return trip, the boat stops at Boardwalk as well. You can also take a boat to Epcot, though walking is probably quicker.
    Walk through Epcot and you can take the Monorail to MK.
    For AK, you could actually go to Boardwalk and take a bus from there. We have never waited long for those buses, but they do stop at S&D.
    Good luck!
    '77- Offsite - '98,'99, '00, '01 - Dixie Landings; '01 - CS, Poly Cons, POR; '02 - WLV & WL; '03, '04, '05 - POR / Poly Cons.; 11-'05 AKL & Poly Cons.; '06 BCV & Poly Cons.; '07 POR & Poly Cons.; '08 SSV; '10 BWV & AKV; '12 BWV & AKV; '14 BWV & AKV; '15 BCV, BLV, BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Have stayed at BC in the villas several times and at YC once - love many things! Yes, the buses can mean a lengthy wait at either the park to return to BC, or for leaving BC; so, exhale, expect, and relax. As for proximity to Epcot and DHS - it's fantastic. I'm a mom to a teen son, and we've done the similar trip - Spring Break time. It's good you are going before Easter week as that will be a more crowded time during the break season.

Beaches & Cream is a great place for burgers and excellent ice cream (it's Edy's - but it tastes better than ever when it's from B&C!). B&C now accepts dinner reservations - so this may be something you want to consider and maybe add a B&C reservation. No longer is B&C only walk up and wait service. A party of two might still get walk up service more easily, especially if sitting at the counter works for you (we've done that and enjoy it alot).

If your son is in to sports - make a trip (or more) over to ESPN for great nachos, good burgers and tons of sports broadcasts. It's sort of guy-sports-heaven, up to including two recliners (as dining spots) parked right in front of the very giant big screen tv. ESPN does not take ressies, so it's walk up and wait - but the wait never feels too cumbersome. The boardwalk at night is a great place to stroll for a change of pace; warning, Mom, be prepared to pack one, two, or three basketballs to take home from the free throw game!

The walk over to Epcot is easy, a nice entry through the International Gateway - if your son is in to soccer, be sure to stop in the shops in England, jerseys abound.

We thought we'd be smart one time, and walk through Epcot to take the monorail (somehwere...) but that ends up being a lonnng trek - sounded like a good idea, but in reality, not so much. Still possible - but long.

We always did boats to DHS, the walk is a long one (for us).

As for other eats - the Boardwalk has quick-able foods - pizza, the bakery, funnel cakes. It's nice to take a walk around the lake in the morning, get something from the bakery and take it back to the room for breakfast. The store in the Beach Club had some good options for quick food, last time there had one or two custom salads, which were a welcome change from other 'faster food'.

and the pool is, well, the best pool (IMO) of the resorts, many agree. It soothes those tired feet with the sand bottom, has a lazy river-ish side to it so you can rent an innertube and float around. Beach chairs are often all taken by afternoon on your typical, nice 'pool days', but the spots have a nice mix of sun and shade.

As for balcony, I'd either mention it on the check in request or ask upon arrival, as I do think a good number of the rooms have either no balcony or the small "standing" only type.
    Coming Up !! BLT April 2014
    BCV - 4/12, 4/09, 4/08, 4/07, 4/04
    BLT - 4/11, 4/13
    YC - 4/10
    Pop - 4/05, 12/05
    And in between: WL, VWL, AKL, GF, BW, Poly

Post Thanks / Like

What she said.

We stayed at Beach Club the week before Labor Day, and it was fantastic. Our room was a fairly long walk from the lobby, but then we realized that it was *right outside Epcot*. I mean, we had one of the closest rooms to Epcot in WDW. It was amazing when we watched Illuminations, or if we just wanted to hop over to France to get something from the bakery or the new ice cream place. You can walk or boat to both Epcot and DHS (though taking the boat to Epcot is quite ridiculous, as it's just as far to walk to the boat launch, the wrong direction, as it is to walk to the Epcot entrance), and take a bus to the other parks. I cannot speak to the bus service, because we are truly converted to driving our own car to the other parks. Never have to wait at a bus stop, and parking is free.

The pool is the best at WDW. Cool slide, sand bottom, waterfalls, multiple hot tubs, a lazy river, etc. We went to eat at Beaches 'n' Cream one night, and had a bit of a wait, so the kids swam while we waited, and then once it was our turn, we just ate outside. It was great. We enjoyed our stay so much that we're considering staying there again in January of '15. Our only hesitations are if there will be a discount, and it will it be too cold to enjoy the pool.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

We loved the BC. We stayed club level. We asked for a balcony room and water view on our reservations. What we got was a room at the very end of the hall that had a standing only small balcony and the view was mostly of the roof but if you leaned out you could see the water, barely. We went back to the desk and asked if we could change rooms. They found another room with a bigger balcony and good view of the water. We were delighted until we tried to go to sleep that night. It was next door to the freight elevator and banged all night long, every night! We wished then that we had kept the first room but it was nice having the balcony where we could sit at night and in the morning and enjoy our coffee or beverages and snacks. I guess it is how much the balcony is worth to you. I was a little perplexed as to why they even built a room next to the freight elevator and wondered how many times it sat vacant because the occupants refused to stay in there. Other than that, it was a great room.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: