Quantcast Upgrading single day ticket

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Upgrading single day ticket

I have a single day ticket which was purchased as part of a package about 5 years ago. During a visit this summer, I want to upgrade this ticket to a multi-day ticket.

To get the most out of the upgrade, should I:
    - Upgrade prior to entering?
    - Upgrade the ticket after using it to enter the park? Are there any issues that I could run into by trying to upgrade after using the single day ticket?

I know that this question has been asked before, but I just wanted to ask it again in case the procedure has changed.

Thanks

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can do it either way, but since the ticket is 5 years old, you'll want to enter a park and then go to Guest Relations and upgrade the ticket.

Reason being: if you upgrade prior to using the ticket, they will apply the price you paid 5 years ago against the price of current price of whatever multiday ticket you want to purchase.

If you use the ticket and THEN upgrade, they will apply the current price of a one-day ticket against the price of the multiday ticket. Since there have been at least 5 price increases (probably 6, maybe 7 depending on timing) since you paid for that ticket, you'll be significantly better off if you enter a park and then upgrade.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I was at WDW last week and we had purchased our park hoppers prior to the latest price increase. About four days into our trip we decided we wanted to add the water park option. They wanted to charge us for the increase in the cost of the ticket as well as the cost of the waterpark option. I'm not sure if using the ticket prior to upgrading it still works to avoid the cost of the price increase.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

So does it? I have two-day tickets from a previous package (we already had paper tickets that time, but needed the package to get free dining.) So, if I go to the park and then try to upgrade, do I pay the difference in price plus add days?

And does that mean I can't use the FP+ system until I get to the park?

Sorry, things have changed since I last went. I'd appreciate someone bringing me up to date.
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

Post Thanks / Like

I sent an email to Disney asking for clarification on ticket upgrades and yesterday, I received a call. The cast member asked for my ticket number and was able to verify that they were unused single day tickets (apparently they just received the ability to check tickets over the phone).

It does not matter if the ticket is used prior to the upgrade - the current ticket's value will be credited on an upgrade. She reminded me that this is the current policy and may change in the future.

I also asked about the value of the single day ticket if upgrading at MK vs non-MK location. She said that if upgraded at MK, the credit will reflect the higher single day price of a MK ticket.

Now we'll see what they actually do when we try upgrading this summer.

Post Thanks / Like

We just back back from Disney and wanted to let everyone know how we upgraded.

First of all, since child ticket were now being used for teenagers, we had to pay to upgrade the ticket (about $10 per ticket) to a single day adult ticket before they could be upgraded to multi-day adult tickets. We upgraded child to adult prior to entering Magic Kingdom.

To upgrade single day to multi-day, we initially went to the ticket window right outside of the entrance to Magic Kingdom. But upgrading there would not have resulted in the best value. We were told that if we upgraded each ticket there (prior to use), we would have only gotten credit for the value of the tickets when they issued (not current value). To get the current value, the cast member explained that we needed to use the ticket to get into the Magic Kingdom (or any other park), then upgrade.

The only other thing that you need to keep in mind is that when a ticket is upgraded, you don't get "extra" days. The days already used are taken from the upgraded ticket. So our single day to 6 day tickets, netted 5 days, since one day was used when entering Magic Kingdom.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your update. I'm about to have a similar situation in a couple of weeks so I appreciate the information.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: