Quantcast MVMCP - Should we go?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default MVMCP - Should we go?

I am getting really excited about our December Trip! I just thought I would ask your thoughts, our trip is Dec 16-23rd. Should we bother going to the special event Christmas Party? Won't parades ect be the same? There is SO much to see and do during Christmas time, and my DD's BF is going with us this year. So is it worth it? I think I would get 20% discount because I recently got a Chase Disney Visa card.

Appreciate your thoughts!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

After the last party on Dec 19 the main MK parade will be the Christmas parade. If you've been to a MVMCP before, no, it's not really worth going. It's gotten ridiculously expensive for not much return. It's worth doing once, but that's it. I would expect most of what you would see (most, not all) would be available after Dec 19 during regular hours.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    After the last party on Dec 19 the main MK parade will be the Christmas parade. If you've been to a MVMCP before, no, it's not really worth going. It's gotten ridiculously expensive for not much return. It's worth doing once, but that's it. I would expect most of what you would see (most, not all) would be available after Dec 19 during regular hours.
    That's kind of what I thought! Are the parades and fireworks the same after the 19th? That and just extra Characters are really all I am interested in.

Thanks for the reply.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

I know the parade switches, but I'm not sure about the Holiday Wishes. I think the regular evening fireworks becomes Holiday Wishes after the 19th, but hopefully someone can tell you for sure.

Not all of the characters are found in holiday attire. You do have to go to the party for that. But many of them can be found around the park even before the 19th in some kind of winter clothing.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to MVMCP a couple times, last time in 2013 (husband and I, four kids age 9 and under, grandparents). We enjoyed the extra holiday themed entertainment shows. Not sure if those are available outside the party. The extra characters were fun. If I recall, those were the only nights MK was open really late, so that was a bonus too. Attractions were very busy during the day, but thinned out during the party. Good luck with your decision.
    Visits - too many to count!
    DVC Members since 2010
    OKW May 2011
    BLT Jan 2012
    OKW Dec 2013
    OKW March 2015
    OKW November 2016

Post Thanks / Like

If you have not been before and have a party night that works with your schedule, I would go. We enjoy it. We don't use one of our park day tickets for earlier in the day. Our tradition has been to go to Kona's for a late lunch then go to the party around 4 and stay until park closing.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: