Ok so while I am not 100% up to date on the series ( missing a cpl episodes still) i have seen up to the "Time heist" one.

Number one- As always with a new regeneration I wasnt sure of how I was going to like the new Doctor. But so far, I like him. He is deffinately a lot darker and to me that is a welcome change. I peronally thought Smith's rendition was just a bit too clownish, although he did grow on me. Capaldi's Doctor is more serious and not afraid to embrace the darker aspects of his personality. Seriously, when he asked Clara if he was a good man..... If you have to ask, chances are you really are not. And I am OK with that. Dont get me wrong, the Doctor should always be a hero and he isnt being portrayed as a villian, just a bit less friendly.

Second. Even though she is attractive and has a nice story behind her being with every Doctor in some way, I do not like the way they are taking Claras story arc into a dating disaster scene (if it has gotten betterin the recent episodes I havent watched yet forgive me). Personally I long for a sassy companion like Donna. i think Donna and this Doctor would be a smash hit. And of course, River needs to show up soon. This less friendly and seemingly socially awkward Doctor dealing with the amazing Doctor Song will be classic.