Quantcast Nintendo is coming to Universal Studios Theme Parks!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a video game person so I do not know any of the characters, but as long as the new attractions are good, not knowing the back story won't bother me.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

There's always that rumor of Disney swooping in and buying Universal out of the marvel theme park attractions contract. And honestly, other than spider man it really wouldn't be hard for Universal to retheme the attractions. We shall see if it happens, I doubt it will but with a bank account the size of Mickey's it's never out of the question.

I think the Universal-Nintendo partnership is great. Universal's go to attractions are 3D and heavily screen based. Works perfectly for video games.

Where would a Universal third gate go? Just looking at the map it would have to be "off property", yes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    Where would a Universal third gate go? Just looking at the map it would have to be "off property", yes?
    Yes... and no... There are areas around Universal's current land they could go out and buy... There have already been land purchases in and around Universal Blvd area... One of the buyers is a mall style developer, so that land could be ruled out, I suppose (I forget exactly the area)... Wet n Wild shouldn't last too long once WonderSea Island (or whatever Universal calls their new state of the art water park) opens... And that is rumored to become more hotels (for Universal)...

The third gate won't happen for many years though... At least until they are done upgrading Studios and IOA... And if attendance keeps growing, as it is, they will need that third gate...

To answer the Marvel comments, and I'll stop about Marvel cause this is a thread about Nintendo, the talk from people familiar with what is going on is Universal wants to update and upgrade Marvel Island to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and create a more realistic looking land, not designed to cardboard cut outs of comic book characters... The talks led to Universal building an Avengers ride, retheme of the Hulk, possibility of removing Dr Doom, any reference to Xmen (only a rumor, nothing in stone that Xmen are being removed), and maybe removal of Fantastic 4, leaving the island Avengers/S.H.I.E.L.D based... In return, the two companies fleshed out exactly which characters fall under "families" thus opening a door for certain Marvel characters to be used in WDW... No, sorry, the more popular ones (Avengers, Spider-Man, etc) won't be included... But Guardians, which is a little bit of a gray area, may have been one of the groups which were negotiated... Uni gets all the Avengers, Disney can use Guardians (whether they can actually use the word Marvel in marketing the Guardians in WDW isn't really up for debate, they weren't allowed to use it when they showed the preview at DHS)... Disney still collects royalty fees from Universal, Universal reaps the benefit of being the only theme park where guests can meet Captain America and Spiderman and enter the Marvel universe... Win Win for both companies, much like it is now..
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be pretty excited and might have to consider a visit to Universal for Mario Land along with Harry Potter!

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

Legend of Zelda!! Woohoo!!
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Universal reaps the benefit of being the only theme park where guests can meet Captain America and Spiderman and enter the Marvel universe... Win Win for both companies, much like it is now..
    East of the Mississippi River in the continental United States. Just to clarify.

We met Captain America at Disneyland a year ago. The entire top floor of Innoventions was SHIELD headquarters themed.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    East of the Mississippi River in the continental United States. Just to clarify.

We met Captain America at Disneyland a year ago. The entire top floor of Innoventions was SHIELD headquarters themed.
    People also aren't flocking to Anaheim like they are to Orlando

Orlando broke a record for tourism in 2014... People are going to Orlando.. And Disneyland's attendance dropped in 2014, according to Iger and TWDC... So people aren't flocking there to see Captain America... But, they do seem to be going to Universal, where not only can they meet Cap, they can meet Spiderman and ride several Marvel attractions.. really can't say that about Disneyland... yet...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: