Quantcast DHS Rebranding?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DHS Rebranding?

Post Thanks / Like

Default DHS Rebranding?

Iger and the BoD are reportedly in WDW this week to hammer out plans for DHS... The BoD will look to approve the budget for the rebranding and make over...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, supposedly they'll announce it all this fall at D23. No idea what the new brand will be, only that it'll include Star Wars Land and a Pixar Play Area in the former Backlot Studios tour area similar to what already exists at DL Paris.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    .........only that it'll include Star Wars Land........
    YES!

best,

.............john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

A new road entrance is reportedly in the DHS plans...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    A new road entrance is reportedly in the DHS plans...
    That certainly is welcome. The current one is very Ho-Hum.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Yeah, supposedly they'll announce it all this fall at D23. No idea what the new brand will be, only that it'll include Star Wars Land and a Pixar Play Area in the former Backlot Studios tour area similar to what already exists at DL Paris.
    This park really could be great, not just good, but great! There would be lots for families of all ages ... hope at least some of it comes to be.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    This park really could be great, not just good, but great! There would be lots for families of all ages ... hope at least some of it comes to be.
    Problem is, right now, it's not even good LOL...

Some people are saying that DHS may get the DCA treatment after all, same budget, maybe more... I'll believe that when I see it...

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is, right now, it's not even good LOL...

Some people are saying that DHS may get the DCA treatment after all, same budget, maybe more... I'll believe that when I see it...
    I actually have to agree with you here Don't faint.

DHS is my least favorite park. Always has been. Although to be fair I think part of it is because while I like movies, I'm not a big movie buff and the whole Hollywood Glam thing just doesn't do it for me.

Now more theming around specific movies and such, that I could be behind.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

The new entrance is supposed to be off Victory Way which would help with traffic flow. Plus if configured right it would free up a ton of land for the park.

I don't think anyone can question *if* Disney can fix Studios/create immersive lands and rides. The question has always been budget and want. Disney realize California Adventure was broken and needed a vast budget to be fixed, and boy did they ever fix it. Hopefully the board sees the same situation at Studios and approves the same fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    I actually have to agree with you here Don't faint.

DHS is my least favorite park. Always has been. Although to be fair I think part of it is because while I like movies, I'm not a big movie buff and the whole Hollywood Glam thing just doesn't do it for me.

Now more theming around specific movies and such, that I could be behind.
    Part of DHS' failure is/was Disney trying to make Central Florida the new Hollywood.... It failed miserably... And while several things were in fact filmed in DHS, Epcot, and to this day, in Universal, Central Florida becoming the new movie mecca just never took off...

That lead to management having no clue what to do... Leading DHS to lose its identity and its way, much like Epcot...

Each park has been built with a unique theme, unique purpose, unique story... Certain things work, others don't... When you start tossing things into a park just because, you kill theme, you kill story, you kill the things that made Disney Disney... DHS has a major identity crisis, as does Epcot... Let's hope the uppers in Burbank (who are in control over these projects since TDO really only exists in name only now a days), get this... And let's hope they allow Imagineering to do the work we know they are capable of... And not short change it like, well, the Fantasyland area where it is all style but little substance...

Also doesn't help that DHS was planned on the quick and designed horribly... with a horrendous layout...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    The new entrance is supposed to be off Victory Way which would help with traffic flow. Plus if configured right it would free up a ton of land for the park.

I don't think anyone can question *if* Disney can fix Studios/create immersive lands and rides. The question has always been budget and want. Disney realize California Adventure was broken and needed a vast budget to be fixed, and boy did they ever fix it. Hopefully the board sees the same situation at Studios and approves the same fix.
    No one questions IF Disney, actually Imagineering more than the Board or upper management, can fix DHS... I believe many people think they can... They give you a glimmer of hope when you see what they did with Cars Land... They show they can still design great looking areas like the tangled bathrooms or the newish Fantasyland area, then make you scratch your head when all they do is a theme bathroom or little substance in an otherwise beautifully built area...

People have faith in Imagineering... People have no faith in management... Of course, Imagineering is also a hot mess... There is no reason for things to cost as much as they do... Imagineering is at fault there... Universal Creative does a lot with little budget... Imagineering needs to take a cue from UC and learn how to contain costs and get the most bang for the buck...

With that said, a few plans will be presented, a few budgets as well... then a decision will be made... and the cycle will start... I predict a slow make over cause that's how they do things in Disney... And yes, I believe Star Wars will be the last, or one of the last things brought online... With even more closings to come, and even less to do in DHS for the next several years...

Post Thanks / Like

Part of DHS' failure is/was Disney trying to make Central Florida the new Hollywood.... It failed miserably... And while several things were in fact filmed in DHS, Epcot, and to this day, in Universal, Central Florida becoming the new movie mecca just never took off...

That lead to management having no clue what to do... Leading DHS to lose its identity and its way, much like Epcot...

Each park has been built with a unique theme, unique purpose, unique story... Certain things work, others don't... When you start tossing things into a park just because, you kill theme, you kill story, you kill the things that made Disney Disney... DHS has a major identity crisis, as does Epcot... Let's hope the uppers in Burbank (who are in control over these projects since TDO really only exists in name only now a days), get this... And let's hope they allow Imagineering to do the work we know they are capable of... And not short change it like, well, the Fantasyland area where it is all style but little substance...

Also doesn't help that DHS was planned on the quick and designed horribly... with a horrendous layout...
    I agree with a lot of that. Though I do love EPCOT. I do hope they add more, but EPCOT is my favorite park and always has been.
    But yeah, DHS makes sense. I do remember when I first started going 16 years ago, doing a tour and some sitcom was being filmed in a studio.

Honestly the only reason we even go to that park is for my son to right ToT and RnR. Honestly I haven't been to that park since 2011. How sad is that! LOL

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw (unofficially, of course) that One Man's Dream and Art of Animation are closing by the end of next month. I'm not going to get all teary, because I want this rehab badly, but I will miss One Man's Dream. Can't deny I was always one of ten folks in there though. Hopefully it's still open when I go that last week of July. Word is the Animation Academy will open elsewhere, which is great news.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Just saw (unofficially, of course) that One Man's Dream and Art of Animation are closing by the end of next month. I'm not going to get all teary, because I want this rehab badly, but I will miss One Man's Dream. Can't deny I was always one of ten folks in there though. Hopefully it's still open when I go that last week of July. Word is the Animation Academy will open elsewhere, which is great news.
    Agree. OMD was actually my favorite part of DHS!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't deny I was always one of ten folks in there though.

Interesting. Personally, I think OMD should be kept simply to honor the founder and to keep the context of the whole place available to anyone who cares. And yes...... my wife and I typically were one of those same 10 people (I waved at you... didn't you see me? )

BUT the issue is that apparently, out of the huge crowds that continue to flock to the parks in spite of the increasing cost to do so.... almost no one cares anymore.

One thing to think about is that Disney's management is focusing on the things that the people want...... because that makes them the MONEY (the general masses that are still coming... not the "regulars" and Disney addicts). People don't seem to want OMD (they vote with their feet)........ and bye-bye.

I'm thinking this is a reflection on society (U.S. and others) and what we as a society value.

best,

.................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw (unofficially, of course) that One Man's Dream and Art of Animation are closing by the end of next month. I'm not going to get all teary, because I want this rehab badly, but I will miss One Man's Dream.
    I suppose they have been headed in that direction for a while now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    One thing to think about is that Disney's management is focusing on the things that the people want...... because that makes them the MONEY (the general masses that are still coming... not the "regulars" and Disney addicts). People don't seem to want OMD (they vote with their feet)........ and bye-bye.
    No disagreement there. If nothing else, current management is pragmatic and knows where the money is. There are no sacred cows. They will do almost anything for a buck.

Before the inevitable "It is a business, why wouldn't they do anything for a dollar?" comes along, there are plenty of profitable enterprises that stay true to certain traditions and values. That is a choice, not a requirement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    Interesting. Personally, I think OMD should be kept simply to honor the founder and to keep the context of the whole place available to anyone who cares. And yes...... my wife and I typically were one of those same 10 people (I waved at you... didn't you see me? )

BUT the issue is that apparently, out of the huge crowds that continue to flock to the parks in spite of the increasing cost to do so.... almost no one cares anymore.

I'm thinking this is a reflection on society (U.S. and others) and what we as a society value.

best,

.................john
    I waved back!!!

I think you are absolutely right. While something like this would probably be well received and attended at Disneyland, the clientele in Florida just isn't down. Sigh....

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't get to OMD last month.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

I waved back!!!

I think you are absolutely right. While something like this would probably be well received and attended at Disneyland, the clientele in Florida just isn't down. Sigh....
    I think you nailed it, Mel. Not all obviously but I think a lot of DL visitors want and expect Walt memorabilia. Sad as it might be I think there are plenty of Disney World visitors who don't even realize Walt Disney was a real person.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: