Quote Originally Posted by Basket Mommy View Post
I'm ambivalent. We're a family of 6, so the 20% discount barely covers the mandatory 18% tip.
You would be (hopefully) paying that 18% tip with OR without the TiW discount, so that's not a valid assessment.

You DO get a TRUE 20% disount.

Quick math lesson... let's say your bill is $100 (to make the math easy). Also not counting tax for simplicity (when we dine out, we tip on the full bill anyway, and never back out the tax).
- With no TiW discount, and 18% tip, you pay $118 OOP
- With the 20% TiW discount, your bill drops from $100 to $80, plus $18 tip (because you still pay the 18% tip on the original bill of $100, not the discounted bill of $80) for a total of only $98 OOP.
- You have saved a total of $20 (20%)

Now, if you (collective you) regularly left no tip or a palsy tip, then yes, you aren't saving as much with TiW as may be desired. But, if you always tipped a decent amount (18-25%), then you are definitely raking in the savings.

Our TiW card pays for itself in only a few signature meals. It's a huge cost savings for us, especially since we like to have nice adult beverages with our meals.

I apologize.... but I cringe every single time I hear this.

Oh... and I'm extremely disappointed to hear about the possible loss of the TiW discount. It would probably impact the way we dine as well. We love to eat at a lot of signature restaurants each trip. I didn't book V&A for this next trip because they were removed from the participating restaurants.