Quantcast What week in January is best?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What week in January is best?

We had a trip planned for THIS week, but had to put it off due to unexpected events making it impossible to leave town right now. Re-scheduled for week of Dec 7, but now that week is looking bad. I'm looking at postponing until January now, but we don't want to wait any longer than we need to.

I know the last week of Dec (12/28 - 1/1) will terrible (crowd-wise). There's no way we'd consider that week. We like to go when it's as quiet as possible. Are kids still out of school first week of Jan? Is it VERY crowded that week? Is the 2nd week better? Should we wait until the 3rd week?

I'd appreciate your feedback/help.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just some things to watch for, in our opinion. The Disney Marathon activities are scheduled for 1/6-10, so that weekend can be quite busy with folks coming in for the runs. The third week might be better, but you could also have some slightly busier days the weekend of 1/16-17 since the 18th is MLK Day, and some schools are off that day. But overall, once you get past the marathon weekend, crowds seem to calm down a bit until mid-February.

Hope that helps some!

Post Thanks / Like

That helps a lot. Thank you. We'll be there during the week only - probably a Monday through Thursday. Do you think 1/11 thru 1/14 would be okay? (We'd miss the activities on the weekends.) Or do you think the weekdays would be crazy too because of the weekend activities?

Post Thanks / Like

I think the 11th through 14th would probably be an excellent time to go - post marathon weekend. But even if you look at the marathon weekend or MLK weekend, it's not as "crazy" as some of the days at the end of December through New Year's weekend....! But if you have the option to go mid week and not worry about weekends, I think you're in great shape that 2nd or 3rd week of January!

Post Thanks / Like

Great! Thank you so much for getting back to me. I'll start planning then.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: