Quantcast 2015 Christmas Trip Report - Hollywood, Disney Springs, Yee Ha Bob

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2015 Christmas Trip Report - Hollywood, Disney Springs, Yee Ha Bob

Up around 7:30, a quick snack in the room and off to the bus for HS. Only a few people waiting and we there were at the park entrance by 8:40 where we got pictures of the Christmas tree and then headed to security as the park was already open. Even with the new security we were through in a few minutes. The whole trip we didn't notice many people being selected at random to go through the extra security of the metal detector. Bryan got picked once near the end of the trip.
    The first stop was RnR with a 10 minute wait and then a second ride this time with a 20 minute wait. After that it was up to 40 minutes so we moved on. Then we did TSM with our 1st FP and as usual Bryan beat us all and had the high score of the day at that point.
    We love the Streetmosphere actors at HS and at 10:00 they have a Cavalcade of stars where a many of them come down Hollywood Blvd and have a 20 minute show in front of the GMR. If during the day you see them in the streets take a few minutes to watch them as they can be very entertaining.
    It was now time for FP #2 so we split up as Andrew & Bryan headed for Star Tours to see the new movie clips added in and Janice & I went to the Frozen Sing Along. This was the first time we had seen it in the new theater & while waiting in the pre show area they had some cute video clips showing on the overhead screen realted to Frozen that made the wait go by fast. The theater was full and the show was very good and they had snow falling on you near the end. Andrew & Bryan were done way before us so the walked over and saw the end of Lights Motors Action stunt show.
    We told them if the were done before us to head to Backlot Express and order lunch before it got crowded & we met them there around 11:30 just as they were ordering. It was good that we did as their MB's were being rejected stating we were over our charging limit, strange since we had only be in WDW for 12 hours. Once back at the hotel they fixed the problem stating the limit was never reset when we checked in. I always carry another credit card just in case so we were good. I tried the chicken & waffles & was disappointed as it was just your normal chicken nuggets and 2 small cold waffles with a Darth Vader image on them. The best item we ordered was the Royal Guard Burger which is a cheeseburger covered with beef brisket on a black bun. It may not look the best but it tasted fantastic.
    After lunch we used FP #3 at the Holiday Comedy Warehouse. This was something new for us as it is only held for 2 weeks during Christmas. It was in the theater where Frozen used to be. With FP we were in 15 mins. before showtime & they showed Christmas trivia on the 2 large screens besides the stage. It's a 30 minute show where 5 comedians do improv with suggestions from the audience. Most of it was funny as it all depends on the audience suggestions. After the show we decided to wait in the stand by line for the next show. They switch up the comedians but stick to the same format so there were 2 different ones from the first show.
    The last thing we did was head over to the SW Launch Bay to get our free Disney Visa picture with Darth Vader. Once we found it there were only 3 groups in front of us. We then browsed around the store checking things out and did see the Pulics Work Crew acting on our way out. We then headed back to the hotel for a swim and some rest.
    I only have to talk about the weather once as all 6 days were the same, highs low to mid 80's & at night low 70's. A few days were cloudy but other than that the weather was great!!!. We spent about an hour at the Duck Pond which was empty as it was cloudy but as soon as the sun came out people started coming to the pool.
    We then headed to Disney Springs for some last minute Christmas shopping and dinner. Earl of Sandwich was the first stop as Bryan & I wanted to eat there. For dinner time it was not crowded but the service was below par as we waited 15 minutes for our food which was good as always. Andrew & Janice wanted to try the food trucks at the other end of DS so we headed that way shopping along the way. Of course we didn't make it out of World of Disney without a large purchase but since it gives a Visa discount why not take advantage. We stopped in guest relations while there to see about getting another AP and they were able to help out with no problem giving Janice & I new AP cards.
    DS was very crowded by this time and they had cast members standing in the middle of the walkway trying to keep the flow of traffic going on each side in the same direction. Once we got to the end they checked out the food trucks and ordered. While they ate I checked out the boat dock as we were going to take the boat back up near Earl & then get the boat to Port Orleans. The line was quite long & after one boat loaded I estimated it would take 2 more boats to handle the number of people waiting so we decided to walk back up. The new bridge they put in near the Landing that goes directly to the end of the Marketplace made it easier to get there as we bypassed most of the crowds in the marketplace.
    We got to the boat ramp headed for PO and just missed one but another came soon. Since it was so crowded they were running separate boats to FQ and RS. The boat ride to RS was nice at night and 20 minutes later we were at PORS to see Yee Haa Bob. His show starts at 8:45 and even though we were there at 8:15 there we no seats left in the River Roost lounge, We got the last couch in the seating area by the gift shop. We have made it a point to see Bob each trip there and have purchased all 4 of his CD's. He has a Christmas one that we listen to & always wanted to see his Christmas show especially to see the 12 days of Christmas. He did not disappoint as he selects a person or group to act out each part.
    Bob does 3 sets and after the first ended many people left so we were now able to move into the lounge area. We had a chance to talk with Bob between sets & get a picture with him. We stuck around for the whole show that ended at 11:45. We had planned to get a taxi back to ASMo but there were none but there was a MK bus pulling in so we jumped on to go to MK & then get a ASMo bus. MK had EMH hours that night & was open till 3am. On the way Bryan asked if I wanted to go into MK when we got there. I was game but the other 2 wanted to get back & get to bed. They got a bus right away and we headed into the park.
    We wanted to ride SpaceM but the line was long so we rode Buzz 3 times. All 3 times Bryan got a perfect score and each time he told me what to shoot at and each time my score improved with the last time being over 719,000. SM line was still too long so we rode the Speedway. By now it was after 1am so EMH officially had begun. We headed to 7Dwarfs but when we got there it was closed down. We then headed to Haunted Mansion and after waiting 15 minutes they announced it was closed due to technical difficulties. So next we went to TMnt and it was closed down. Finally we found a ride open and rode PoC. We were in the front of the boat and got wetter on it than we ever have before. Thankfully it was a warm night. Finally we headed back to do SM but as with all the other good rides it was closed down. So one more ride on Buzz and we headed out around 2:30am but not before getting some photo pass pictures on MainSt with the castle and the Tree. Latter I read that Disney said these rides were all closed for routine maintenance. Not good planning to have all these people stay for EMH and then close all the best rides.
    Tomorrow Christmas Eve will be Epcot and HS.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Very long day but super fun (except for all the closed rides in the Magic Kingdom)!!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I have really enjoyed reading your trip report. Would so love to be able to go at Christmas. That special one on one time with your son is priceless.
    TRACEY

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: