Quantcast Disney Parks Adopt Seasonal Pricing on 1-Day Ticket

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Try AAA if you had terrible timing like I did and needed to get tickets yesterday or today. When I went to get tickets at the local Disney store yesterday and today, their system is still not up and running. But when I went to AAA, they didn't know anything about the prices changing. Saved a ton over what the Disney parks website was quoting me under the new system. I'm sure this is very short lived until Disney can get their system updated, but it worked today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wjdoc View Post
    Try AAA if you had terrible timing like I did and needed to get tickets yesterday or today. When I went to get tickets at the local Disney store yesterday and today, their system is still not up and running. But when I went to AAA, they didn't know anything about the prices changing. Saved a ton over what the Disney parks website was quoting me under the new system. I'm sure this is very short lived until Disney can get their system updated, but it worked today.
    I just bought my 7 day park hoppers from "The Official Ticket Center" sponsor and saved almost 240.00 total over purchasing directly from Disney. Disney nickle and dimes you and it starts to add up, but we still always end up going back anyways.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Been following this thread as well as the one started by DisneyFreak on the ongoing cuts..... just one guys observation:

My family grew up seeing the East Coast via camping. Our first trip to WDW in 1973, the cost per night at Fort Wilderness was $12.50 per night. My father almost cancelled the trip because the most expensive place we had ever stayed was $6 per night for a full hook up site. My mom worked her magic and away we went with Magic Key Card in hand. He always said that our week at FW was the best camping experience we had ever had - and we went back two more times. The higher price was okay - we had gotten true value for the money.

Fast forward to the present. My DW and I are blessed with good careers and were able to take our four kids and splurge when we went. Again, we always found value for the extra money we spent. We have enjoyed going to the Food & Wine Festival every other year and pretty much enjoying our week and the special events we purchased. Once again we found value for the extra cost.

That changed with our 2014 October trip to run the Tower of Terror 10 Miler. Something was noticeably different. FP+ was too much of hassle. Lines were in places that we had never seen them before. Everything seemed so crowded. Prices for food and special events seemed to have skyrocketed. MNSSHP was so oversold that it was a waste of money. I listen to the Disney earnings calls. Getting as much money out of every guest is the goal. What has been done to the IT workers is appalling.

Yea, I know "Disney is a business." But those of us who don't agree with their business model, can be disappointed and vocal about it. Sorry, but IMHO, Disney theme park management is currently not currently engaged in bet practices.....

I have posted before that I am one of those who appreciates people like DisneyFreak .... I want to know the good, the bad and the ugly.... it is my money and I want as much information as possible ... do we go to WDW and if we do go what can we expect?

Will we go back? Most likely. As often? Probably not. And from some people on the boards and those I know, that seems to be a growing trend.
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

4. Likes Park Hopper, MizMissy liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: