Watched the DVD last night... I'm about to say something that may not sit well with some of you but... I was highly disappointed in the live action flick... The animated movie is one of, if not my favorite of all the Disney animated movies... The soundtrack was fantastic, the story was great...

The live action??? Not impressed... I'm cool with changing up the songs a bit - adding lyrics, changing lyrics - but the songs were not my issue... The story felt, I don't know, different... Didn't feel as if it was cohesive at all.. At times, I felt the story was all over the place... And I really was not impressed with the acting...

I love Emma Watson... And I don't think she was the problem... Not sure she would have been my first choice for Belle, but she did a good job... Luke Evans as Gaston? BAD! Josh Gad as LeFou? HORRIBLE... Sorry, I don't think Gad is a good actor... AT ALL... And I like Luke Evans, but I don't think of him as Gaston... Especially since Gaston is supposed to be this tall, muscular freak of nature.... Something Luke Evans is not... Now, I did like him as Dracula in Dracula Untold... Too bad that movie under performed... Doubt Universal will bring him back to play Dracula in their Dracula reboot as part of their monster Dark Universe....

Over all, I felt the live action was just meh... I wanted to love it... I just couldn't...