Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
Just wonder - with FOP being so popular, are there any secrets to share to get through stand-by in a reasonable amount of time? It seems almost impossible to get a FP for this attraction. And if the single-rider line isn't open yet, what are people doing other than waiting 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours for the attraction? Does first thing in the morning work, if you head right there?
This worked for me in late July. The park opened at 8am due to morning EMH. We got there about 15 minutes before opening and waited in line to get through the front gate. I was the only one in my family that wanted to ride FOP so we split up. I was able to move faster than some of the others heading to FOP. As I walked by the front of the line they just started letting people through into queue. I got in line at the end of the walkway entering Africa. I waited 1 hour until I was on the ride, but most of the time the line moved slowly. While waiting to enter the pre-show I was able to save 15-20 minutes being a single rider as they used me to fill the last space. It worked for me being a single rider. It also seemed that since it was morning EMH there weren't any FP+ people yet. I have never waited an hour for any ride, but this was worth it.