I realize I am late to the thread, but we typically like the freedom of hopping (as my screen-name suggests). I absolutely agree with Speedy1998 that it is a particular advantage in the Summer, or when the parks are open late. However, if we were going over the winter and looking to save money, then we may consider not paying for it. Here are the main reasons we like it:

1. We like to go to the parks somewhat early,go back to our resort to take a break (in the summer), and then go back in the early evening. We have found this to be a good way to mitigate the exposure to the heat/crowds and to stay somewhat rested. Obviously, using this model, transportation is the same whether or not you are going to the same park (we typically have a car anyway). We like the variety of splitting up the day and going to a different park in the morning and night.

2. It allows us to split-up (especially later in the vacation) and go different places, but still meet-up for a meal or whatever together.

3. I really hate the thought of having to wait until day 4 (midway through our typical vacation) to get to one of the parks for the first time. I know that may sound stupid, but I guess I am just impatient that way.

4. Similarly, I hate the thought of saying goodbye to one of the parks while still midway through the vacation.

5. As others have said, it gives you the flexibility of changing up plans if a park seems overly crowded, or if a park is expected to be low crowds in the morning, but high crowds at night. Furthermore, things like weather can greatly change crowd patterns and ride availability. It is nice to be able to change if needed.

I view adding the park hopping option similarly to staying on-site. It is more expensive, but it is kind of a luxury - not really in terms of accommodations, but for convenience.