Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
This just shows the idiocy of the COVID rules. Essentially we can operate a food festival but not a "theme park". Either it's safe or it's not safe.

If there had been a shred of consistency about any of this from day one or at least close to day one - it might be easier for people to swallow. But this arbitrary enforce this rule here, don't enforce it there, politicians can dine and do things you can't do etc. is driving Americans like me crazy.

Look, if it's safe enough to open as a food fest, it's safe enough to open with rides under the same precautions and limited capacity.

This is the way.
I wouldn't blame it all on politicians. It's been interesting as a fan of multiple college teams (we've been a lot of places) to see how rules have been enforced. For example, in Utah, they're allowing fans in to Utah Jazz games on a limited basis, and have held other indoor events, but BYU isn't allowing any fans in to college basketball games at the Marriott Center, and they have one of the largest indoor arenas in the country.

Here at Virginia Tech, they're allowing some fans in, but yet we're still under the statewide rule that prohibits groups of larger than 10 people, but religious meetings (which are known spreaders) are exempt?

I agree, either it's dangerous or it isn't. But I think a lot of the decisions made are made more based on optics than science.