So, we just got back this weekend. We were there Jan 9-15. We bought Genie+ on Monday (MK) and Tuesday (DHS), and totally didn't feel like it was worth it. Basically, you buy it so that you can grab LL for rides you want. However, the only rides you need it for fill up fast, and you absolutely cannot grab another LL until you use the first one OR it expires. So, for example, at DHS, we grabbed the LL for Slinky Dog Dash, but couldn't get it until 11am. When the time comes, we scan our bands to go in, and I immediately try to grab our next LL for Rockin' Roller Coaster. It wouldn't let me until we had progressed sufficiently down the queue to reach the 2nd scan point. THEN it considered the LL as used, and I could schedule the next LL. We got Rockin' after 8pm. That's it. We were done getting LLs for the day. So, along with the individual purchases for Runaway Railway and RotR, we spent $39/person to ride those four rides, on top of our park passes.

While we didn't like FP+, at least then you could park hop and use that system to grab FPs for later in the day at your 2nd park. Not so now. With the Park Pass Reservation system, and your LL selections tied to whichever park you have a pass for, you have to use them in the morning, and if you can only grab stuff for later in the day, there goes your park hopping plans.

Who would've thought we would be longing for those halcyon days of FastPass+.