Quantcast Monrail Captain room?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hey all, How much room is there up front with the monorail captain?

You see we're going with quite the gang, and I'd love for my kids to be able to be up front with the monorail pilot. Only how many can they fit up there?
    Stephane Morrell

[B]"Here we see Schweitzer Falls, named after the famous scientist Albert Falls"

Next Trip March 2008 - AKV/BCV split stay

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    TiggerRPh Guest

Cool

It's been a while since we've ridden up fron,t but I remember it looking like it would probably fit 6 people.

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

I think last time we rode they fit 4 adults in front.

25 magical trips and counting...
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    1986 Tampa
    Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    December 2013 Contemporary
    Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk
    PROUD member of the Disney ParksMoms Panel!

*these postings are my own and do not reflect Disney's postions/opinions*

Post Thanks / Like

we had four adults and the driver and we had plenty of room.
    Best Hotel May 2005- Grand Floridian
    Got enganed Nov 23 2005 at the Vip tables In UK right before the Fireworks

Post Thanks / Like

They allow 4 people to sit up front. Because when me and my g/f were already in the front waiting a family of 3 came up they said only 2 could ride up there.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
    Walt Disney

Who's keeping count anyways?!? We all just love the place.

Post Thanks / Like

We also were told that only 4 adults could ride up front, but the driver let my granddaughter ride on my lap, bringing the total to 4-1/2! [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

We were 3 adults and 3 children. Only 4 people were permitted up front in the cab.

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Sounds good!
    Gah, My problem ( and it's not that big a problem ) is that my cousin AND my aunt are both coming on the trip and they'll be bringing their kids ( 2 each ). I myself have 3... but *I* know to ask for it, so I think I'll clandestinely do so and get in there ... if they want to do it for their kids on the way back, then so be it.
    Stephane Morrell

[B]"Here we see Schweitzer Falls, named after the famous scientist Albert Falls"

Next Trip March 2008 - AKV/BCV split stay

Post Thanks / Like

As others have stated, it's four guests and the driver in the cab.

The *BEST* ride is from the TTC down to Epcot. You're looking at about a 10-minute ride, and the view is absolutely FANTASTIC - especially at night. If you go the other way, from Epcot to the TTC, and at the right time, you *could* possibly watch the MK fireworks from the Monorail cab [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

The rides from TTC to the resorts, or from MK to TTC and back, are just too short. Also, be aware that on the Resort loop, each colored monorail is designated as a specific resort's monorail, which means if there's guests waiting to ride up front at that resort for that monorail, you must move to a car in the rear.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I've neve ridden up front, but keep hearing great things about it. Can someone tell me what you can see from the driver's cab that you can't usually see and why?
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Jared,

Its basically like a front-row seat. You can see out the entire front window, not just the sides. You can also watch the driver operate the monorail if you want. It's a neat experience.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    Eddy

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard about this but have never done it. Do they always let people ride with them if you ask? [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    ----------------------------------<br />"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." <br /><br />Spring '89 Grand Floridian<br />Spring '98 All Star Sports<br />Winter '00 Caribbean Beach<br />Fall '03 Port Orleans- Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by wdwleigh:
    I've heard about this but have never done it. Do they always let people ride with them if you ask? [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    Almost always -- sometimes they won't if they're training a new pilot, testing new equipment or procedures, or it's raining very hard.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I actually got to ride in the front while they were training a new pilot. It was interesting because you really got to understand what the pilot has to do because the trainer was talking him through all of the procedures.

Seth
    WDW at least 13 Times Since 1972!
    DLR to many times to count (used to go every weekend when I lived in CA)Next scheduled trips:August 2006-WDW
    October of 2005-DLR for the 50th!

Gwarsh

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hey why miss the chance to do anything new take in all that you can and enjoy the ride. Make as many memories as you can. Be A Kid and live alittle, you only live once! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    "I'm visiting my happy place, my happy place, my happy place, tralla , la , la , la.<br /><br />Next trip:<br /> May 2006<br /> Over 40 visits from 1975 <br /> til now.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Ive been lucky enough to ride in front and you really learn a lot about how it works, such as when it stops they are just waiting for another monorail to get a little farther away and that they shouldnt run the monorails with lightning because the tracks are basically like conductors. But ill let yall find out the rest, just when you get up to the platform ask if you can ride up front, just dont do it when im there or grrrrr [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img] .

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] 6 DAYS!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    GO FLYERS

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, just ask a CM when you get to the platform, and they will let you know if someone is already waiting and you can either wait for the next one or ride like reg. passangers. I would wait if you aren't in a hurry.

The best time to ride up front with no waiting is in the afternoon and early evening. There will be less ppl riding so there would be a better chance to get the front first.

Also, ask if they have any honorary pilot licenses... we have about 5 and they are so neat! Kids will love them.

We make it a priority to ride in the front at least once on every trip we go on. What we did this last trip was we actually set a day... our last.. and go resort hopping and ride the monorial all over. It was fun and a nice air conditioned way to say goodbye to WDW.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: