Quantcast Skip a park? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skip a park?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We would skip Epcot...We have smaller kids,and they love the other parks more. Plus, we don't mind missing out on the good Epcot meals, because the kids just don't appreciate it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on what interests you the most. Are children going and if so how old?
    MK and MGM are must sees for me and I can spend a good amount of time at both places. Also where will you want to be having meals?
    My suggestion is to go over each parks map very well and make lists of what you really want to see and do in each then see what can realisticly be done.
    Everyone has their own level of energy and I tire quicker than many because of arthritis. My last visit I went to 3 parks in 1 day but was totally exhausted by the time I got to #3! I did great at MGM and then did AK, I HAD to go to MK for SM!!
    I would suggest you not push yourself trying to see as much as possible but to relax and enjoy where you are to take in the full experience.
    You also have to decide if you want to do other things such as Downtown Disney etc.
    For me AK would be a park I would go to first thing in the morning and tour it until I was ready to go then go back to my room and take a break and a swim!! Rest up and go to another park later for dinner, fireworks etc.
    I enjoyed MGM better last time because of going there when it opened and at full energy. I spent a good 5 hours there doing rides, shows and having a relaxing lunch but I would also pick that park as a later in the day park so possibly a rest break in the middle and then go back or combine it with AK if you have hopper tickets.
    MK I would plan to spend a full day getting there when it opened then plan a break at lunch time and go back to enjoy it more. It closes earlier now so if you were wanting to do something different later you could go to Epcot for fireworks or Downtown Disney etc.
    I will be going to Epcot for the first time myself my next trip so can not yet offer any advice there other than to check the attractions and decide the best you can.
    No matter which parks you spend time in you will have fun!! Accept that you just won't have the time to see and do everything and some will just have to wait for another time.
    Have a Magical time and let us know how it all turns out!
    Bell [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    "A mouse named Mortimer would be too pretentious" ~Mrs. Walt Disney~ <br /><br />Six Trips Down..... <br />Many More To GO!!!<br /><br />August 2002 Downtown Disney Hilton<br />*****<br />September 2002 Off Site (Tampa)<br />*****<br />October 2002 <br />MNSSHP<br />Off Site, Downtown Disney and finally, on-site Animal Kingdom Lodge! <br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />December 2002<br />MVMCP/CP<br />Off Site <br />Kissimmee<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />April 2003<br />Birthday Trip Off Site Kissimme<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />August-September 2003 <br />Off Site Kissimmee

Post Thanks / Like

I would try and see some at all of the parks. If you are like my family we like a different park the best each time we go. We even stayed at epcot the most on trip when our kids were 41/2 and almost 2. The 4 year old loved watching the street performers by the countries.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I'm going to agree that you should go to the AK in the morning, and MGM in the evening. We always seem to finish these parks in half a day, even when we are not trying to.
    It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I would skip MGM.I have found MGM the least "fun" park. Most of the park is stores to buy Disney stuff. It's nice at night,with the street lights. The Star War's section is very out dated.
    '94: August; Dixi Landing
    '98: September ;Port Orleans AB
    '99: May POR
    '02: May POR
    '02: Dec Wilderness Lodge X-Mas
    '03: June POR

'08: Sept. POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: