I think you're over-reacting. Opinions are what this world is all about it. And look at the theme park forum: some people love certain attractions, others hate them. Same with the Disney restaurants. People are allowed to say they hate something, even though many others love it. Most people take opinions and reviews with a grain of salt until they can experience it themselves. I've read on this board countless times that people don't like the Swiss Robinson Tree House or Tom Sawyer Island, but I still went to them on my last trip and I really liked them both.

Moving on, I personally hate the new look of the Disney stores. Not because of the lack of adult merchandise (I don't wear Disney clothes), but because of the way the store looks. It used to have this fun purple carpet with a confetti design and lots of animatronics figures all around the border of the store. They used to sell snow globes and glass figurines and cells and mugs and pins, but now all they have is clothing and stuffed animals and a few toys. It's just not as nice and up-scale as it used to be. And they painted the walls white and replaced the carpet with white tiles. They took down all the Disney statues around the store and took down this really nice mural that was behind the cash registers.

The store, as it is now, is ugly. Sorry if that offends you, but that's the way it goes. There's no Disney magic whatsoever. Yes, they still have the giant screen showing Disney clips with the mountain of the stuffed animals in front of it, but overall, the store reminds me more of Gap Kids than Disney. I don't think my opinion will stop others from going. If their local malls get this new store, they will go and experience it for themselves. I'm sure several people will write back saying they really like it. But you have to prepare yourself for criticism, because a lot of people don't like change.

And I agree: the theme parks have changed over the past 15 years. But they didn't paint over all the bright colors and remove the characters. But we have to face the fact that Disney merchandise no longer owns the store, and with that, it is going to be un-Disney-fied.