Quantcast Have you ever been selected? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I got picked for:

playing the princess at the Italy show about 12 years ago. They kept making me scream "Sava Me" My sister just thought this was hilarious.

At Universal I got picked for Earthquake and also for some spooky show I can't remember the name of.

Shari

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been picked at DL for the Parade of Stars, I got to wear a Tutu and walk the parade route with Baloo and King Louie, it was so much fun. I also got picked at the Golden Horseshoe review, lovely pictures of me in a strawhat and corncob pipe. On this last trip my DS 2, dressed in his Buzz Lightyear costume got picked to be "Chip" in Storytime with Belle, we were amazed at how well he followed the directions. Makes me want to dress like Belle to have him clean up his toys.
    "We get there when we get there!"
    Disneyland Too many times to count
    Saratoga Springs OCT '00, Dec. 2010, Dec. 2014, Dec. 2015
    A S Sports DEC '03
    POP May '06
    AKL Jan '08 Offsite Sheraton Vistana Jan '08
    Port Orleans Mar 2015, May 2015
    Coronado Springs Sept 2015

Post Thanks / Like

This pass January we were waiting to go on the Backlot Tour..and the line stopped as soon as me and my boyfriend got to the front of the line..(of course..lol)..so we are waiting for when the next show thing starts..and we got asked to do the beinging show..with all the water and stuff...but i was a chicken and i didnt want to do it...im way to shy!!..so i got asked..i just didnt follow through with it!! lol...
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

On our honeymoon my DH got us picked for Superstar Television and I could have killed him! We were picked to be in Cheers as a couple sitting having a beer. I was so embarrassed, I am terrified of public speeking!

My DD has been picked 3 times to be in the Lion King show at AK. She went out the first 2 times to play an instrument, but last year she refused! She was 9 and wouldn't be caught dead! That will change eventually, I hope!

My DD was picked last year to make an announcement in MK at the Hall of Presidents before the show, because she was trying to get in trouble and get noticed -- It worked - then she was a little embarrassed!

She was also picked when she was 6 at the start of the MGM parade to make an announcement for the start of the parade, I forget exactly what she had to announce, but it was so cute!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I've been picked :
    for the Indy show (in front, jumping up and down)

at the backstage Tour (just walked in and they asked, got the water dumped on me.)

At Hoop Dee Doo, one of the dancing girls sat on my lap and stroked my hair while doing part of her schtick.

Oldest DD was the magician's assistant at the old Golden Horseshoe show.

Both DD's have been picked to be part of the parade at MK a few times.
    2012 - AoA
    2008, 2006, 2005, 2003, 2002, 2001, 1999, 1997, 1986, 1985, 1974, 1973
    When you're a little kid you're a bit of everything; Scientist, Philosopher, Artist. Sometimes it seems like growing up is giving these things up one at a time. - The Wonder Years

Post Thanks / Like

Default Family Members Picked

My DH was picked to be a villian in the Indiana Jones stunt show. We were in the very last row; I think it was his pink shirt that made him stand out!

My son, 5 at the time, was picked to be a chimney sweep in the parade back in 2001.

Finally, Minnie Mouse pulled my daughter away from the breakfast table and danced with her at the Contemporary.

What wonderful memories!
    " But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I were selected to be in the stunt/water part of the Backlot Tour in MGM back in 2001. I said no way!!!

I don't like getting wet and all that. Turns out the adults (then, it's different now) did not get wet. I have no regrets anyway!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

DH was picked to play the Beast in the Beauty & The Beast storytime show in MK.

DS was picked twice to be the person to draw in the TREE-VIA show in one of the Innoventions plazas.

I was picked to be the assistant in the Server Amusant show in the France pavillion.

Post Thanks / Like

I never get picked! but our daughter on the other hand - over all the years we've been going she's been picked for:
    The Beauty and the Beast part of one the parades at MK. She got to stack plates!
    Super Star TV - I think she was one of 3 singers?
    Sounds Dangerous - foley
    Back Lot Tour - 1) On the Bee from Honey I Shrunk the kids 2) Al Borland 3) in the water scene at the beginning.
    She's been picked 3 times for the Can Can girl at HoopDeeDoo and
    3 times for the Indianan Stunt show.
    Also. Our very first trip we went especially for her - I got tickets to the Mickey Mouse Club show. She was in 2 of the last shows that they taped (Brittany Spears, Christine Aguilra, Justin TImberlake)
    Oct '94 - WL
    Feb '96 - PO
    Nov '96 - ASMu/Offsite
    Oct '97 - Cari
    Aug '98 - Off Site
    Feb '99 - ASMovies
    Oct '00 - Poly/BC
    Sep '01 - POR
    May '02 - WL/POR
    Jan '04 - BC and Cont
    Dec '04 - POP
    Jan '06 - BC
    Dec '07 - POR
    Aug '09 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

Our family was picked to be grand marshals for the parade at MGM at our recent trip!
    Tracy, mom to 4 budding disney fans!
    Multiple trips as a child, 3/90- offsite/Magic Music Days,3/93- CBR, 5/99- ASMo, 5/06- POFQ, 2/07-Disneyland/offsite, 5/09- WL, 3/10 disneyland/offsite
    Next up... Oct 2012, windsor hills

Post Thanks / Like

Me and three of our friends were picked to be in the Pearl Harbor scene "Harbor attack" on the backlot tour. We were the last show on Mothers Day 2005. The lady CM's gave us Magical Memory cards for our wives and introduced our wives for mothers day. It was a great experience and we will never forget it.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

I was chosen to help with the "Flights of Wonder". What they did is throw things out above the audience and the birds would retrieve what they threw in flight. They wanted a couple of people to take a picture of a returning owl. So we were sitting on the stage prepared to take the picture and the owl came back to the stage in full flight, wings spread all the way open and headed straight for my arm holding the camera. I got the picture but I don't know how cause it scared me to death.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

We were in WDW last week and got to be involved in the following:

Opening Magic Kingdom - Whole family was picked to open MK.
    Voices of Liberty (Epcot) - DS7 was picked to sing with group before the American Adventure show.
    Lion King - DS7 and DD5 were picked to participate in the grand finale at the end of the show.

WDW (TBD), 1/14, 2008 - ?? for Disney Marathon
    WDW (All Star Music), 8/26-9/3 (planned)
    WDW (POR) 2006
    WDW (All Star Movies) 2004
    WDW (All Stars Movies) 2002
    WDW (day trip) 1992
    WDW (outside park) 1982
    WDW (Contemporary) 1977

Post Thanks / Like

I was also picked to participate in the late, great Monster Sound Show. I remember doing fire crackling and the huge chandelier breaking. That one was so late, it was so funny. And the director telling us in our headsets "#1 that's fire, #2 thunder, #1 knocking door, #2 footsteps" and so on. He spoke so fast it was hilarious trying to follow.

My DH was picked to dance with the African Tam Tam dancers years back. He did not volunteer, and it was so funny watching him. My regret was that he was holding the camera bag, so we have no photographical proof!
    "Wind the frog!"

Post Thanks / Like

DS - he was picked to talk with the MC before the MGM parade in 2003. The MC was going up and down Hollywood Boulevard talking about Walt Disney and my son was picked to answer some questions. ALso, he was given a special pin.

DS - Picked to roar in Lion King show

Post Thanks / Like

Just last week, my boyfriend was picked to be the mechanic on the Backlot Tour. I've got video footage of him getting a ton of water dumped on his head!

(He also wants me to mention that he was the best mechanic the show's ever seen... )
    Proud big sister of liloloveselvis!

1987: Contemporary; 1990: Disney Inn; 1992: Port Orleans; 1993: off-site; 1996: Carribean Beach Resort; 1998: Carribean Beach Resort; 2006: POFQ; 2007: Coronado Springs; 2007: POFQ
    Plus many one-day trips.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RNTinkFan
    DH was picked to do the warthog noise during the Festival of the Lion King and 3 of our kids were picked to dance and play instuments at the end of the show the same day.
    I also was picked to do the warthog noises for our section. My daughter still makes fun of me for that one.
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Talking about being selected...

I love "being selected", that's why I usually "ASK TO BE SELECTED"! Last year I was at Indina Jones - the one who's shut by the main actor - Earthquake - for the third time. My youngest daugther loved (first time) and hanged a ballon at Macy's Parade at Universal.

Could we sed up a list f attractions that SELECT FROM THE AUDIENCE?

As I remember...(I ask for help to improve my english, please)

Animal Kingdom
    1. Participate in the Parade sitting in the parade cars;
    2. Flights of Wonder - is this show still running?

MGM studios
    1. Indian Jones
    2. Lights, Motors, Action! - remote controlling a real car
    3. Backlot Tour - get wet!

Epcot
    Any?
    Ah...
    1. The Seas w/Nemo & Friends - GREAT for kids

Magic Kingdom
    Parades? Not sure. I know some school bands do, but not sure about guests...

Sea World
    1. Odissey - Shamu Stadium
    2. Clyde e Seamore Show - Hey! Do not touch the sealion! Last time someone (guest) almost got bitten!
    What else....

Busch Gardens
    Do not remember

Universal Studios
    1. Macy's Parade - hanging ballons
    2. Fear Factory Show - GREAT, IF YOU'RE IN SHAPE!
    3. Earqthquake - be the one who falls three floors.
    What else....

Island of Adventure
    Do not remember.

Post Thanks / Like

My DM was chosen to be the 'footsteps' in the Monster Sound Show. Her timing was impeccable. We miss that show.
    1978 - CR
    1982 - Golf Resort
    1985 - CR
    1990 - CR
    1994 - CR
    2000 - CR
    2004 - CR
    2006 - Grand Floridian
    2008 - CR
    2009 - Grand Floridian. We feel very fortunate.

Post Thanks / Like

Default selected

i pushed dh ahead when they asked for volunteers for the backlot tour and they took him and told me i had to do it as well. it turned out to be a lot of fun dh had the water dumped on him

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: