Quantcast Monthly Scrapbook Layout Challenge - 2008 - Page 11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nut4DW View Post
    We will be there Dec 10 through the 18 - how about you guys?
    There is a meet going on while you are down there!!!....and I can't go But Carol will be there!!!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh really - I would love that. I'll have to find out the where and when of the meet. Thanks.
    June 1978 - Camping
    July 2004 - POR
    April 2005 - POR
    October 2006 - POR
    December 2008 - WL
    October/November 2009 - WL
    December 2010 - WL
    October/November 2014 - POP
    December 2015 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

The meet is a bunch of us from the Just Questions thread. We doing mini golf, osborne lights, CP and CR, and touring MK together.
    If you'd like, we could meet up on the 11th or 14th. I'm going the 10th-15th.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there too!

Well, I did something I've never done before tonight. I posted a layout to a challenge on the Scrapgirls board. Eeek! Anyone want to see it?
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    I'll be there too!

Well, I did something I've never done before tonight. I posted a layout to a challenge on the Scrapgirls board. Eeek! Anyone want to see it?
    I'd love to see it Ellen!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there too!

Yes!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there too!

Ellen,

I headed over to scrap girls to find your LO - how inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope everything is going well. Here's to a 2010 cruise for you and your family!

Lea
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Lea-Ann! It was fun doing it.

For the rest of you, here's a link to the post.
    Ellen

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I like it! You are getting some nice comments too!

Congratulations!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Another layout for February's resort challenge, again from our Nov 06 cruise: Our cabin (left and right).

If I can get at least a spread done a day, I'll be soooo happy! Bethany can attest to how much scrapbooking stuff I have around my house, none of which I'm using as I'm really going digital, but at LEAST, my albums are getting done!

~~~~~~~~~

Later that day...

Well, none of my tasks are going to get done tonight as I have a fever coming on, but I did finish some layouts that aren't going in a Disney album but rather in my Halloween album (8x8). However, since we've been lucky enough to go to MNSSHP twice, these pages are, in essence, Disney pages. So as part of June's holiday challenge, here are:
    - 2003: left and right
    - 2007: left and right / this was during INTERCOT's Tenth Anniversary celebration
    Ellen

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    The meet is a bunch of us from the Just Questions thread. We doing mini golf, osborne lights, CP and CR, and touring MK together.
    If you'd like, we could meet up on the 11th or 14th. I'm going the 10th-15th.
    I'd love tomeet up - sorry it has taken me so long to respond. My DH and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary on Thursday - then watched our daughter graduate from Texas A&M on Friday - been just a little busy.

We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour on the 11th so the 14th would probably be better to meet.
    June 1978 - Camping
    July 2004 - POR
    April 2005 - POR
    October 2006 - POR
    December 2008 - WL
    December 2010 - WL
    December 2015 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

When it gets a little closer we'll set something up. I think we're doing Cique on the 11th...I need to order tickets yet.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Cirque is awesome, Carol. I still remember it so vividly from when we went years and years ago. (Ben's a Cirque baby, btw.)

Did more scrapping today. For the March challenge (views of ...), here's my first l/o of our views of Castaway Cay: left and right. And here's a layout (from my May 06 book) about the castle (a hybrid layout). For the April challenge (rides), here are layouts about Splash and Expedition:Everest.

I also did a spread this evening about Pirate Night on the Wonder, which would fit in with the June challenge (holidays and special events): left and right.

In case anyone is interested, here's a link to May 06 scrapbook — the first that I ever finished but certainly the first that I ever started. It was mostly hybrid, though some of the pages are totally digital. The last six pages of this book would fit in with the June challenge (holidays and special events), as they're all about Star Wars Weekend.

It will probably be a few weeks before I can scrap again. Work is due to pick up again as a major project might finally be launching on the 22nd (yeah... FINALLY). But this also means the return of 10+ hours a day from now until then.
    Ellen

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Ellen! You're a scrapping monster! I can't believe how many pages you've gotten done lately!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, my name is Ellen and I'm a scrapbooking addict!

One last spread and that's it for now... for the March challenge (views of...), here are some views of the Flying Dutchman which can now be found on Castaway Cay: left and right.
    Ellen

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I have a little more time on my hands I'm going to start to scrapbook a little more.

Going to try and get at least one page of each of the Challenge layouts done. If I can do that then I'm on my way to doing good. I have all the materials, I just have to get motivated.

Plus I'll get some new pictures pretty soon as my trip is coming up.

So without further ado I have all my stuff laid out on the floor, starting right now.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

I have an idea for our September challenge... how about "magical moments"?
    Ellen

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I came up with the idea for a gift for my best friend of over 40 years today - I would make her a scrapbook for her birthday (10/31) Sounds like a great idea, right? After buying gifts twice a year (bday and Christmas) I'm about out of gift ideas and I have LOTS of pictures of the two of us together over the years. I have a few thoughts in mind of pages I'd like to do, but was wondering if you scrapbook experts could throw some great ideas my way to help a novice scrapper out. FYI - Susan and I grew up together, went to church together, were roommates in college and have traveled together several times. Help me...please....Thanks in advance.
    June 1978 - Camping
    July 2004 - POR
    April 2005 - POR
    October 2006 - POR
    December 2008 - WL
    December 2010 - WL
    December 2015 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nut4DW View Post
    I came up with the idea for a gift for my best friend of over 40 years today - I would make her a scrapbook for her birthday (10/31) Sounds like a great idea, right? After buying gifts twice a year (bday and Christmas) I'm about out of gift ideas and I have LOTS of pictures of the two of us together over the years. I have a few thoughts in mind of pages I'd like to do, but was wondering if you scrapbook experts could throw some great ideas my way to help a novice scrapper out. FYI - Susan and I grew up together, went to church together, were roommates in college and have traveled together several times. Help me...please....Thanks in advance.
    Since you are just starting out and want to get a lot of pages done quickly (It will creep up on you fast!), consider a few things: Look at pre-done sketches to get LO's done quickly, that way you do not have to think about the LO of every page. There is a web site called page maps and a friend who works at a scrapbook store swears by it. I personally like to come up with my own ideas, but I have used a sketch a few times and do like how fast a page can come together.

If I am doing an album on one theme in particular, I will sometimes stick with 1 paper line and color scheme for continuity. I find this can help speed things along, and it is a great way to use up any scraps of paper as they can go on the next page.

Plan you album. A typical album is 20 pages, I often write down the page numbers and then write down which pics will go on which page. Take into account that page 1 is the cover, then write down 2-3, 4-5, etc. If you are doing a double LO, by planning it this way it means you will have 11 LO's to do, 9 double-page LO's and 2 single page LO's as the title page & end page. To me, thinking of it as 11 LO's does not seem as daunting as 20 pages!Don't be afraid to remove a sleeve from an album if you do not have enough pictures!

Since you have been friends for so long I would probably do it in chronological order. Include anything meaningful you have been thru together - ticket stubs, travel documents, etc. I once did a LO about my best friend and I took my high school year books to a local photocopy shop. I had them photocopy the messages she had written to me in my year book and used the photocopies as a background paper! It turned out really neat, it was personal & meaningful.
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your advice - it helps a lot. I think you are right about going in chronological order - should make it fun. I can start with when we were born - two days apart in the same hospital. And you are definately right about getting started on it right away because time will pass quickly.

Thanks again for the help - I'll keep you posted on the progress.
    June 1978 - Camping
    July 2004 - POR
    April 2005 - POR
    October 2006 - POR
    December 2008 - WL
    December 2010 - WL
    December 2015 - POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: