Quantcast Odd fashions at wdw - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

OK - one thing I noticed alot of last year when we visited was women wearing tank tops - that's not a big deal - but they would have on a regular bra - not the ones that can be adjusted. So we'd see a red tank top with a black bra or 100 other combinations of the same look. I used to think to myself - do these women look in the mirror before they leave and say to themselves "Oh my, my strap is showing. Oh well, what odds"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nflder View Post
    OK - one thing I noticed alot of last year when we visited was women wearing tank tops - that's not a big deal - but they would have on a regular bra - not the ones that can be adjusted. So we'd see a red tank top with a black bra or 100 other combinations of the same look. I used to think to myself - do these women look in the mirror before they leave and say to themselves "Oh my, my strap is showing. Oh well, what odds"
    This is almost a fashion trend now - I'll see women with color coordinated tanks & straps. I recall when sex & the city was on TV, Carrie's bra straps showed all. the. time.

I thought that was a Glamour Magazine don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Please: No Politcally Correct replies. Thank you. The strangest outfit I ever saw at the Magic Kingdom was on Gay Day/Weekend/Week/Whatever. This tall thin man in his mid/late-50's was wearing a black leather vest (no shirt), short short black leather pants (like in the 1970's Nair commercials), pink socks pulled up almost to his knees, and sandals. I almost cracked up. But no one gave him a second look. Strange Story behind-the-visit: When I arrived at the Magic Kingdom that day, I saw all these men and women wearing red shirts. In the past I'd seen travel groups from England, Spain, France, Brazil, etc. wearing same-colored tee shirts to identify the group, but the groups usually numbered no more than 50 people or so. This day it seemed as if EVERY man and woman was wearing red tee shirts. I commented to the Disney castmember at the ticket entrance, "Wow! That is the largest tour group I've ever seen in my life!!" She looked at me and laughed. "Tour group? Sir, it's 'Gay Day'!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nflder View Post

This used to bother me, too, but in this day and age all I have to say is, at least they're wearing a bra.
    First Trip to Disney World; age 4 1/2; 01/89 CBR
    15+trips staying at CBR, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, AsSp, AsMu, AsMo, POP!, GF, WL, Fort Wilderness.
    Resent Trips;
    03/04; POP!
    03/05; POP!
    06/06; POP! (Honeymoon!)
    03/07; AsMo
    09/08; AsMu

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Give me the stripes and plaids combo people any time. I rather wait in line behind someone who looks like they got lost on the way to Goofy Golf than try not to stare a someone that doesn't have their body parts covered, adjusted or whatever. Come on, Tee shirt, shorts, tennies, easy.

Why do elephants wear tennies?
    Because nines are to small and elevenies are too big!

'Tiggers are wonderful things'
    AKL
    All Star Music/Sports
    Big Red Boat
    CB
    Contemporary Garden
    Disney Institute Bungalow
    FW Campground/Cabin/Home
    Pop
    Poly
    POFQ/POR
    WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneygeek84 View Post
    This used to bother me, too, but in this day and age all I have to say is, at least they're wearing a bra.
    Hear, hear!!!

On our trip last month I saw WAY too many bikini tops to count. Put some clothes on, people!! Unless you're Heidi Klum it's not OK!!! And if you want people to look at you then get a job in Disney Entertainment!

I bet "guests" were wearing more to Disneyland in the hot-pants, halter, go-go 60s than they are now.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm guilty

I feel the need to tell on myself. We were looking at pictures from our trip last June in anticipation of our August trip this year. There I am with my american Fighter T-Shirt, fresh black eye, a cut healing on my face and to top it off The flashing light Mickey Ears (you know the blue and silver ones) I had competed in an amateur MMA tournament 3 days before our trip so I looked beat up pretty bad. The worst part is I am a big guy but don't think of myself as menacing looking but man I got some weird looks that night and couldn't figure out why. It wasn't until I looked at the picture that I realized why the photopass guy was chuckling the whole time he took our pictures.

We did see one "intriguing" outfit at Typhoon Lagoon. A South American lady who was easily over 50 wearing well a very very small and partially see through bikini. I will say the lady looked good for her age but the time for her to dress like this passed her by many moons before.

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I am a perfectionist, I don't mind if someone isn't matching. I don't mind bra straps...I'd rather see a strap than nothing at all. Again, doesn't matter how good you look wearing it...I just don't want to see something that's supposed to be covered, especially at the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind the bra straps, at least they are wearing them
    Larger women (me!) in tank tops is not a problem, I wear them (they are not tight, I wear a bra and everything is covered nicely!)

The thing I can't understand is the shorts that crawl up your legs so far that it looks like you are wearing a diaper. Do you NOT notice that your clothes are now up where the sun don't shine????
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

There was an entire tour group of tweener/early teen girls from a foreign country all wearing matching t-shirts with shorts so short you could see the bottoms of their bottoms.

I thought it was sad that they didn't even realize how many inappropriate looks they were attracting.
    GF, Poly, Contemporary, Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

the fashions are part of what makes it so fun to be there! i love people watching and checking out their outfits!

as much as i don't like looking at teenage girl's butts, i think part of me is jealous that they can wear that stuff to begin with! i'm not a big girl but i'm definitely too big (and too old) for short shorts!

also (and i'll probably get eaten alive for this comment) the fanny packs are horrible. if we're playing fashion police on this thread then i'm going to have to call people out on the fanny packs.
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Disney Lynn;1679720] Or how about different camouflage patterns, all worn at the same time on the same person (shorts, shirt, bandana)?

You know why they do that right?
    ...So no one will SEE them!

2/2002 offsite
    11/2003 offsite
    10/2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    12/2006 Pop Century
    2/2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    12/2008 Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post

also (and i'll probably get eaten alive for this comment) the fanny packs are horrible. if we're playing fashion police on this thread then i'm going to have to call people out on the fanny packs.
    I agree 100 percent. I dont know what it is about them, but i really dont like them. And what makes it worse is that my grandma wore one all trip this june. I guess i just dont get it. She offered to let me wear one of her extras plenty of times, which is why I bought a purse the first day i was there
    AP Holder since 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazypoohbear View Post
    The thing I can't understand is the shorts that crawl up your legs so far that it looks like you are wearing a diaper.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

To me, too-short shorts are about as unattractive and inappropriate as it gets. Luckily, I haven't seen this at WDW, but I've definitely seen it in other public venues.

Soarin' to tower: We are ready for takeoff!

1986 - Royal Plaza
    1987 - Disney Inn (Now SOG)
    1990 - CR
    1993 - POFQ
    1994, 1997 - Travelodge (now Best Western LBV)
    2001, 2002 - WL
    2004 - GF
    2007 - POR
    2008 - CSR
    2009 - Pop/Poly
    2010 - VWL
    2011 - Cruise on the Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post
    I will tell on myself here...I wear one, but ONLY IN WDW. And the ONLY reason I do is because I'm diabetic so I have to carry around a bunch of stuff. I've used backpacks in the past and by the end of the day my shoulders are killing me. So this last trip (and my upcoming trip) I wore a fanny-pack...but it was a hiking one, so it was bigger and didn't look nearly as dorky
    First Trip to Disney World; age 4 1/2; 01/89 CBR
    15+trips staying at CBR, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, AsSp, AsMu, AsMo, POP!, GF, WL, Fort Wilderness.
    Resent Trips;
    03/04; POP!
    03/05; POP!
    06/06; POP! (Honeymoon!)
    03/07; AsMo
    09/08; AsMu

Post Thanks / Like

My absolute favourite look (anywhere, not just WDW) is sandals with white socks that reach the bottom of the knee paired with shorts that reach the top of the knee...... 2 inches of sun-tanned goodness in between!!! Why not just throw on a light pair of khakis???
    șOș KATHY, addicted since 1989 șOș

Laughter is Timeless * Imagination has no age * Dreams are forever

Next Up.....
    Nov. '09 @ Pop

September '89, offsite **October '98, offsite** April '06, Pop Century ** December '07, Pop Century ** Nov. '08, Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Hear, hear!!!

On our trip last month I saw WAY too many bikini tops to count. Put some clothes on, people!! Unless you're Heidi Klum it's not OK!!! And if you want people to look at you then get a job in Disney Entertainment!

I bet "guests" were wearing more to Disneyland in the hot-pants, halter, go-go 60s than they are now.
    We were definitely past wearing our "Sunday best" to Disneyland by the time the go-go 60s arrived, but we still dressed nicely. Very few jeans and t-shirts, more khakis or nice shorts and collared shirts for guys and nice slacks/shorts and tops for the ladies. At least we didn't wear dresses very often! I remember wearing them through the early 1960s--didn't make sense to me, even at the time!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few things I've seen.

1. Teenagers wearing bright neon outfits of various colors with neon plastic necklaces and bracelets layered similar to what you would see on the Discovery Channel when they are profiling tribes in Africa.

2. Teenage boys dressed in black combat boots, black pants, black turtlenecks, and black trenchcoats in JULY.

3. Gold or Silver Lamae tank dresses that are way to short and skimpy to be out in public with 4 inch spike heals. This is WDW/DL not a street corner in Vegas.

4. Just this weekend I saw a little boy in a stroller at DL that was no more than 2 years old. His head was completely shaved except for a 2 inch strip on the top of his head and the hair was about 4 inches long and had be dyed a florecent yellow color.

5. On Christmas day on time I saw a woman wearing a sparkly cocktail dress and heels and a man in a really nice suit walking through Epcot. What were they thinking...okay...I admit...it was me and my dh walking back through Epcot on our way back from eating at V&A....
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Default lol

We saw a girl with her family- the family was dressed normal , but she had on rock band boots like KISS would wear, and she was clomping around DHS - it had to be difficult,especially since it was a very hot day

We also saw a person with horns actually imbedded in their head- the kid had about 35 skin piercings on his face, and a tatoo on his face plus the horns... my kid asked if it was a character from narnia-

finally my favorite is when people wear socks with sandles....i am sorry but sandles are made to not wear socks..it defeats the purpose if you wear socks with sandles...
    especially men who wear black dress socks with sandles and shorts.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Many women (young and old) wearing their short skirts or dress just sitting on the curb, bench, or at a table like they are at home. I don't know what they were thinking. Maybe some had on swim suits underneath, but just doesn't look Disney appropriate. Many young foriegn tweens wearing something like a thong at the water park! Doesn't seem right to have a 12 y/o walking around a water park with more butt hanging out than covered up! Things need to change!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: