Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
So do you think they'll announce park three in the next 12 months before SWL opens? I was just Googling the Universal but didn't realize they bought over 400 acres back in 2015, effectively doubling their size, yet four miles from the original Universal Orlando. I know it takes time and money to develop, but I'm surprised they are waiting this long. As this rate it would probably be at least 2021 before they could open a third gate.
I think Universal knows 2019 and 2020 and 2021 belong to Disney... 19 and 20 cause of Star Wars, 21 cause of the 50th... Universal will try to keep attendance afloat with the new Harry Potter coaster in Islands of Adventure.... And possible Ministry of Magic where Fear Factor Live is/used to be...

Announcing the 3rd park before Star Wars or during will only get lost in the hype... I believe they will announce after, possible during the 50th where the news won't get lost so much...

I also think Universal has lost the benefit of the doubt now too... The two Potter areas are the two best themed lands in theme parks... Springfield is cute... Skull Island is fantastic even if the ride is mediocre.. But they have struck out with Race Through New York with Jimmy Fallon and Fast and Furious... They need to hit it out of the park with Nintendo...