Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
The entire system is aggravating, time consuming and for the most part a mess. I feel your pain as I have problems every single time we go and I am well experienced. I don't know how in the world first timers ever make it through a WDW vacation without losing their minds.

I know exactly what your problem was if I read all the information correctly. From what I read, you added his ticket to your account and added his name. He used his ticket to get in the park. He did not have his ticket/card/band scanned when you entered the attractions for your fastpasses. That is the problem. He did not scan his, so it did not "use" his fastpasses as you entered the attractions. Since his 3 were not used, it would not allow you to schedule more for him. Both of you must be scanned as you enter the fastpass line so it uses both of your fastpasses.

Don't worry about it too much though, because there typically isn't any fastpasses you would want or need available after you use your first three so it is for the most part pointless and just another source of aggravation.

It would be hard for them to make a vacation much more frustrating than the system they have in place now.
I hate it more than you!!!!