Quantcast Living with the Land?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Living with the Land?

How has the addition of Soarin affected the wait times for riding Living with The Land?
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Thursday while the standby line for Soarin was 120 minutes, the wait for Living With the Land was only 20 minutes. I don't know if it is always that way.
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

Right when soarin' opened lines were a little bit longer, but as of recently I haven't seen any drastic lines at living with the land...most times I've been there we've been able to walk on, a busy afternoon maybe a 15-20 minute wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'm insane, but didn't there used to be a tour guide on Living With the Land? This year there was no guide. I wonder if that is affecting the ridership of the ride, or if Disney decided to get rid of the tour guides when the ridership fell?
    That's not funny! And I know funny! I'm a clown fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doug The Disney Man` View Post
    Maybe I'm insane, but didn't there used to be a tour guide on Living With the Land? This year there was no guide. I wonder if that is affecting the ridership of the ride, or if Disney decided to get rid of the tour guides when the ridership fell?
    I think it was about a year ago they replaced the live tour guide with an audio spiel. I don't remember the reasoning. So, you're not crazy.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doug The Disney Man` View Post
    I think Disney decided to add the audio loop because it allows for more boats simultaniously on the track. I'm not positive, but I vaguely remember reading that reasoning somewhere.

Anyway, I always expect to see long lines at Living with the Land because everyone waiting for their Soarin' FASTPASS window to open need something to do. But my logic seems to be faulty. I've never seen a line longer than 20 or 25 minutes, even during the busiest times of the day when everyone is waiting for Soarin' or lunch at Sunshine Seasons.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Rumors are they replaced the live CM guides with the audio spiel because it was tough to staff the ride. It allows them to get more boats going and cut down the waits by getting rid of the CMs.

I do think however that Soarin has increased the attendence within the Land pavillion. The efficiency of eliminating those CM positions has offset that increase in traffic. Wish there was something they could do about the traffic flow however.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year I got on living with the land quicker then ever before I believe. Im pretty sure its because of more boaats because they didnt have the tour guide. A slight loss because the guides were sometimes pretty entertaining instead kind of the flat audio speil. The price of quicker lines I guess.
    Chris

A 10 time Disney Costumer who keeps going back till he gets it right.
    Next visit: Wilderness Lodge Dec 8 2007 to Dec 15 2007.

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_nut View Post
    Anyway, I always expect to see long lines at Living with the Land because everyone waiting for their Soarin' FASTPASS window to open need something to do. But my logic seems to be faulty. I've never seen a line longer than 20 or 25 minutes, even during the busiest times of the day when everyone is waiting for Soarin' or lunch at Sunshine Seasons.
    Perhaps people don't really wait around the Land because usually a fastpass for Soarin involves a few hours of waiting.
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: