Quantcast "Mickey Mail" - Paying it Forward

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there from oct 10 to the 14th if anyone needs a postcard pm mewhat you need. I love this idea as I remember that I loved getting mail when I was a kid and even now! This is a great idea and would love to send out some cards.
    Cheryl

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mail boxes

For those who have mailed out cards from WDW, where did you find the mailboxes? Did you mail the cards in the park, at your resort or in DTD?
    Sept 2002 POFQ
    Mar 2004 Disneyland
    Oct/Nov 2007 POR

Post Thanks / Like

WE just got back on Sunday (late) and we found a mail box at the resort gift shop at POR. That is where I mailed all of the ones that I sent so look for them in the next couple of days!!!

Also, to add a note to this thread.....

I had a VERY hard time finding character specific cards other than the norm - Mickey/ Minnie - the whole gang or Princesses - these were easy to find.

Unless someone knows of where to get these at home before we go ( ie... I was looking for a stitch postcard, mike and sulley, toy story /buzz or cars ) and didn't see them anywhere - or was I just looking in the wrong places??????

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Cheryl, thank you so much for sending a postcard to my girls -- they just loved it, and it was the perfect idea. Thanks again for doing that for us!!

Quote Originally Posted by WyckedDisneyFan View Post
    I will be there from oct 10 to the 14th if anyone needs a postcard pm mewhat you need. I love this idea as I remember that I loved getting mail when I was a kid and even now! This is a great idea and would love to send out some cards.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

My 3 kids got their postcards today!!!! I want to thank my dear intercottee that did it for them! I had cleaned out my PM mailbox after it got too full, and sadly, and embarrassingly so, I don't know which terrific member of our boards agreed to send my kids their cards! They loved them. They were specific to what my kids liked, and Katie loved the reference to Jack Sparrow, and Khloe loved the reference to Nemo! Thank you Thank you my intercot friend!! It made their day! And mine too!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks!!

Thank you Amanda (Momof2boys)!!! My boys received their postcards over the weekend and were so excited. I don't know who was more excited me or them! LOL. I loved what you wrote, very true to the characters you were portraying. I hope you and your family had a wonderful vacation!

I still have availability to send out postcards to the first five who PM me. We will be going Nov. 16- Nov. 24 and would love to send some WDW magic to others while we are there.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Is anybody going down this week? My DS5 and DD3 would love to get a Postcard... we will be heading down in January so I can send some from there then.

But if anybody is going this week...pls PM me!

Thanks
    ______________________________________-
    Going to WDW Nov 2006!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to be in FL tomorrow on business. I am going to spend a few hours at WDW. I would be glad to get some postcards to send out before I fly home tomorrow evening.

IM me and I will make sure to get them out tomorrow!
    **Last Visits**

Jun 23 Fort Wilderness
    Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Jun 24 Undecided
    Sept 24 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, emfleck! My kids were thrilled!

We're set to go Oct 08, so I'll do the same...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biodtl View Post
    Thanks, emfleck! My kids were thrilled!

We're set to go Oct 08, so I'll do the same...
    Any time. It was fun trying to pick out the perfect postcard. I don't have any children of my own but my two neices are disney crazy. They would love to get a postcard from the world. I'll try to remember to pm you in September with the info.
    Elaine
    "I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food."

Next trip: February 2019 for the Princess 5K/10K/HALF MARATHON (YES, I'M RUNNING THEM ALL!)
    Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I will be back on Jan 25/26th if anyone needs a few sent!
    **Last Visits**

Jun 23 Fort Wilderness
    Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Jun 24 Undecided
    Sept 24 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Im going to Dsiney World!!

Just wanted to bump this as Ive not had any responses!

I may be a bit hasty in posting this since we are not going until late July but I would love to spread the pixie dust for someone! After our first trip my Mom (the original Disney Kid in our family) did this with my daughter and she LOVED it! She got them for good grades, reminding her to be a good kid, the upcoming trip, etc.. only we did it from VA. A neat tip we did... when you go to WDW, mail a bunch home BLANK (addressed to the kids), and then when you get home, quick! put them away for when you need them - to be filled in with whatever mssg u need! When the kids get them the dates will be off but will be postmarked by Disney. If your kids are like mine was - theyll never notice. This year my DD is 17 and we're taking her BFF (whos a newbie!) .. I know they would both love to get one as its been several years since we've done this for our now not -so- little - but- still -HUGE- MICKEY- LOVER- DD!
    PM me with kids names, address and fav character along with anything special you might like the post card to say!

Loretta
    Last edited by KineGirl; 03-15-2008 at 04:21 AM.
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

I am going on Feb8-15 and Sept. 21-26th any postcards you want while I'm there PM me.

I would love if someone doesn't mind a see ya soon PC since we are leaving on the 7th.
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad that Denise's boys & mouseketeer mom's kids enjoyed their cards. It was just as fun writing them !

Our postcards came while we were gone, but the boys checked the date stamp and saw that they were sent before we left so they knew mom & dad didn't send them while we were down there. Thanks much !

This is such a great idea !
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Will be there over Christmas Dec 19th - 27th if anyone would like some Christmas greetings from a character.

Just PM me with the info.
    2002 - Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    2003-Off Property
    2005- Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    March 2006- Off Property
    June 2006 - POP Star Wars Weekend
    Dec 2007 - ASMu Family Suite

Dec 2009 ASMo Daughter's 1st Trip
    April 2011 Beach Club Daughter's 2nd Birthday Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default At WDW 12/07/07 - 12/17/07...

I'll be glad send up to 10 postcards in the US and 3 international. First PM'd, first served! *LOL*

Please PM me with the information by 12/01/07. I'll do my best to find appropriate characters, but please provide alternate choices--just in case! The cards probably won't be mailed until late in our visit. Our plans for the first 6 days are a wee bit hectic!

We're already on a quest for an Ariel card for a friend's granddaughters!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to the wonderful person who helped me out on sending a post card from Cinderella to my best friend that treated me to Disneyland for my birthday. I'm so embarrassed that I also can't remember which Intercottee helped me out. (so Mouseketeermom - don't feel too bad - it happens to the best of us!) My friend was dying to know how I arranged it. She kept saying "it was postmarked from Orlando... who do you know in Orlando." I refused to tell her... she bugged me quite often during the whole trip trying to get me to tell her...so thanks again!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful idea. I will be there December 8-15 and would gladly send out some postcards (say between 5-10). Just pm your information (character, anything specific you want on the card, etc.). I will try to send those out within the first couple days of my visit. It will be fun to make a child's day!
    Elaine
    "I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food."

Next trip: February 2019 for the Princess 5K/10K/HALF MARATHON (YES, I'M RUNNING THEM ALL!)
    Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all! We leave Friday! Anyone want a postcard?? I'll take the first pm'ers! I will try to mail them all the first night we are there Nov 16th so you can get them before Thanksgiving! let me know! ~Jenny

Post Thanks / Like

I'm leaving Monday morning 11/26 and would be happy to send postcards. First three to PM my by Sunday morning (11/25) so I have time to finish packing

Kids or adults or combination....we're all kids at heart when it comes to WDW
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1998 - Offsite (Our Honeymoon!)
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW
    2005 - OKW & Gaylord Palms
    2006 - OKW & Omni Champions Gate
    Most Recent Magic! - November/December 2007 - OKW & AKL

Share This Thread On Social Media: