Quantcast Planning w/o Disney's hours posted

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Planning w/o Disney's hours posted

I've pulled last year's hours in order to plan my ADR's in the very likely event the December dates aren't posted in time. Has anyone else tried this, and if so, how reliable is it? We will be there from Thursday, December 4th through Wednesday, December 10th - would I therefore refer to 2007 park hours for December 6th - 12th?
    Lisa
    Next: Beach Club, January 2013
    BWI, January 2011
    Dolphin, September 2010
    Dolphin, April 2009
    BWI, December 2008
    Contemporary, December 2007
    Contemporary, December 2006
    AS Music, December 1995
    Travel Lodge (Hotel Plaza), April 1994
    Off site, Spring 1984
    Off site, Summer 1974

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think that would be your best bet. Certain parks seem to usually have EMH on the same days. It's tough to make ADRs when the hours aren't released at the 180 day mark.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing the same thing for my Dec. ADRs.

My ADR window opens in 2 weeks (June 13). I was hoping Dec. hours would be up around June 1 but I'm doubting that since November hours still were'nt posted as of last night.

Hopefully, we'll be able to tweak ADRs a bit if we need to since everyone is booking their Dec. ADRs without park and EMH hours.
    Nancy

DL - May 6-9, 2012
    DL - July 19-23, 2012
    CBR - Sept. 1-9, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Sept. 29-Oct. 11, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Dec. 8-17, 2012

Feb. 3-5, 2013 - AoA Cars - Anniversary
    Feb. 5-9, 2013 - The Poly - Anniversary
    Feb. 23-Mar. 1 - 2013 - Disney Magic - DH's 60th BDay

Post Thanks / Like

While we've never gone in December, this is the strategy that we use for planning our summer schedule before the hours are out. The only times that EMH have differed in the past two or three years is that they took out a.m. EMH to accommodate Star Wars Weekends in June this year on Fridays. They may also add EMH as needed.

At least you can pencil in your plans, and tweek them if necessary. I also have a feeling that Disney is in the "wait and see" with bookings mode to confirm that the economy is going to substantiate offering all of the EMH they have in the past.

Happy Planning!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I've done that before too and it helped. Has anyone else noticed or had difficulty making their ADR's at 180 days? My calendar (the Disney widget) said I was 178 days from my vacation and when I called they said I had to wait another day Angel (Here We Go Again...) had a similar experience...
    Good luck w/ your planning...
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else noticed or had difficulty making their ADR's at 180 days? My calendar (the Disney widget) said I was 178 days from my vacation and when I called they said I had to wait another day
    Yep - it's gotten to the point where I actually count the days on my Outlook calendar, because some computers do not take into account the "24 hour rule" (actual checkin). My guys with Apples at work are a day ahead of me in my countdown - to them I had 52 days as of today, but it was 52 days, 18 hours and some odd minutes - at which point Disney doesn't count those hours!

I remember the year I had my back surgery I was flat on my back, trying to make my ADRs and I couldn't 'cause I was early according to them. My, wasn't THAT frustrating!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

If they are not out by the end of June then I will have to do that too...I dont really want to go by last years calandar but I will if I have to...Just keep your fingers crossed...
    Amy
    80 Camping ºoº
    89 Offsite ºoº
    05 ASM ºoº
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the same boat. My ADR day is June 5th and I have pretty much accepted the fact that the hours won't be posted.

It is challanging because Thansgiving was a week earlier last year. So I am just doing the best that I can and factoring in the dates of MVMCP.

I am booking as many ADR's as I can for restaurants that are easy to get to. (on the monorail line or epcot resorts etc.) Hopefully that will give me some flexiblilty when the hours are actually posted.
    Past Disney Trips
    multiple times as a child all off site.
    CBR x2 as a teenager
    2004 Sept. -offsite first trip with DH and DD
    2006 May- POFQ -Grand Gatherings with the whole fam.
    2007 Dec- POFQ -with the inlaws
    2008 Dec -CSR
    2009 Sept- OKW
    2010 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I am also waiting for hours - December hours. And my planning is based on EMH hours, closing times, etc. Those things determine which parks I'll be in on certain days - which in turn - helps me decide which restaurants I will be going to.

I really want to figure this out and I hope the hours come soon....but I don't think they will.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Default In the same boat too

My day to make ADR's is June 9th. I have been going off of last years hours for making my adr's as well. I hope they post them soon, but if not I will just have to adjust if needed.
    1984 - Off Property
    May 2002 - AKL
    May 2003 - DL - One day
    January 2006 - One day
    March 2006 - CSR
    March 2008 Swan/Dolphin
    December 2008 - CBR/AKL
    November 2012 - AoA Lion King
    March 15-22 2014 - Swan/Dolphin
    Nov 13-22 2014 AoA Cars

DVC Owners @ GF
    Up Next:
    Sept 4-12 Poly Villas

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason (probably because I am less than clueless when it comes to computers!) I cannot find December 2007 hours to use as a guideline. Can anyone help me out? THANKS!!
    "We share the same biology, regardless of ideology" - Sting, Russians.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by pugslave View Post
    For some reason (probably because I am less than clueless when it comes to computers!) I cannot find December 2007 hours to use as a guideline. Can anyone help me out? THANKS!!
    This is what I used
    http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/...lhours2007.asp
    and then I made a spread sheet with my dates so it was easier for me to plan. If you would like PM me with your email and I can send you a copy. It has all of the parks, hours, fireworks, parades, MVMCP, and EMH AM and PM hours all color coded!
    1984 - Off Property
    May 2002 - AKL
    May 2003 - DL - One day
    January 2006 - One day
    March 2006 - CSR
    March 2008 Swan/Dolphin
    December 2008 - CBR/AKL
    November 2012 - AoA Lion King
    March 15-22 2014 - Swan/Dolphin
    Nov 13-22 2014 AoA Cars

DVC Owners @ GF
    Up Next:
    Sept 4-12 Poly Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Remember, MVMCP will run Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday in December.

Last year, evening EMH hours switched between MK and DHS to accommodate this. MK evening EMH switched from Sunday to Monday and DHS evening EMH switched from Monday to Sunday.

Just another little thing to consider when planning!

My ADR dates for my continuing room-only ressie opens on June 3rd. I'm arriving the day after Thanksgiving, but plan to vegetate through the remainder of the weekend. May be brave and go to a park on Sunday, but we'll see!

Post Thanks / Like

My date to make ADR's is June 3rd. But I am very confused about how to go about checking the times from last year. Should I look at the day of the week ex. Mon., Tues., or the day of the month. I will be there from Nov.30-Dec.6
    I am sorry but I am so confused. I think its because I know there are certain ADR's my famiy would like and they will be very upset if I do not get them. The pressure is killing me.
    In general do the parks have EMH on the same days? I dont care about morning hours just night hours. But I dont get the park hopper so i stay in the same park all day. Thanks for your help.
    1996 Off site
    2000 Off site for Honeymoon
    2005 Off site
    2006 All Star Sports
    2008 POR
    2014 POR
    2019 POR Royal Room

Next Trip - November 2020 Riviera Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the week and the month.

You'll be comparing your dates to the first full week in December last year.

November 30 will be an anomaly--it's the last day of the Thanksgiving weekend, which occured earlier last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belle1217 View Post
    My date to make ADR's is June 3rd. But I am very confused about how to go about checking the times from last year. Should I look at the day of the week ex. Mon., Tues., or the day of the month. I will be there from Nov.30-Dec.6
    I am sorry but I am so confused. I think its because I know there are certain ADR's my famiy would like and they will be very upset if I do not get them. The pressure is killing me.
    In general do the parks have EMH on the same days? I dont care about morning hours just night hours. But I dont get the park hopper so i stay in the same park all day. Thanks for your help.
    MVMCP will alter the MK and DHS evening EMH hours, based on December 2007 scheduling.

If 2008 follows the pattern in 2007, MK will switch evening EMH from Sunday to Monday and DHS will switch evening EMH from Monday to Sunday. Essentially, they are trading nights for the duration of MVMCP.

Edited to add:

Check post #13--MVMCP days to consider when planning which parks to attend. You probably won't want to schedule MK on a day when it closes at 7:00 p.m. if you're using base tickets!

Post Thanks / Like

FaberJ ~ sent you a PM to request the chart if possible.

We are going Dec 7 - 13th and this is our 1st time on property with the DDP and need all the help I can, since the hours may not be posted.

Thanks!
    Oct 1995 - Offsite (graduation gift)
    Nov 2006 - Offsite - My kiddo's 1st visit
    April 2008 - Offsite -11 yr wedding anniversary
    Dec 2008 - CBR - Just because :)
    Oct/Nov 2009 - TBD grand gatherings trip

Post Thanks / Like

I am one of those waiting forever for November.. I went by last year(also went by what worked for us in the past as we have gone 4 times in Nov)... and it is anybody's guess as to what is happening down there and if there will be massive changes in the schedules or not.... lets hope things stay relatively unchanged from previous years or there is going to be a major tie up at the dining line to change all our reservations.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: